• MiceChat News Team
    • Supervillan Extrodinaire

Blog Entries

Disney to build health clinic for employees - Orlando Sentinel

Yesterday, Disney announced that in early 2009, Walt Disney World will have a 6 million dollar primary care medical clinic on site. The center will be exclusivly for Disney World's full time employees and dependents who participate in the company's health insurance plan. The center will be a 15,000 square foot facility with extended hours on weekends and evenings, and will include basic imaging and lab services along with a full service pharmacy.

For more on this story, please go to http://www.orlandosentinel.com/busin...,3009225.story
    Growing older is manditory
    Growing up is however, optional

• I was deleted.

Re: Disney to build health clinic for employees - Orlando Sentinel

Quote Originally Posted by OogieBoogie View Post
    Yesterday, Disney announced that in early 2009, Walt Disney World will have a 6 million dollar primary care medical clinic on site. The center will be exclusively for Disney World's full time employees and dependents who participate in the company's health insurance plan. The center will be a 15,000 square foot facility with extended hours on weekends and evenings, and will include basic imaging and lab services along with a full service pharmacy.

For more on this story, please go to http://www.orlandosentinel.com/busin...,3009225.story
    Very interesting and needed if you ask me. Especially for the hours. Hopefully the size of it will be able to accommodate the size of the cast. And just Full Time? What about the large number of part timers, seasonal (especially snow birds,) College Program and International College Program students? Maybe some exceptions will be made. Still this is good news for Disney in caring about it Cast.

• Banned User

do part timers and seasonal and cpers and international get health coverage? if they do then I am sure some kind of arrangement will be made. this is a way for disney to control their rising health care costs. I am surprised other large companies haven't done this. Correct me if I am wrong but doesn't disney also offer onsight daycare?

• cp alumni spring adv 03

I work for Harrah's Entertainment here in Vegas. We got our own health clinic and fitness center in January of this year. I had heard from some staff that Disney (along with a couple other companies) had visited the center as they were planning their own. Kinda cool if you ask me.

For us, its for all employees for our 7 las vegas properties so thats thousands of people right there. It works, the biggest thing is the hours of operation. They have had to adjust them slightly to accommodate as many people as possible.

• I was deleted.

More from the Orlando Sentinel:

More than 90 percent of Disney's 41,000 full-time employees use health plans offered by the company, said officials, who estimated that as many as 70,000 employees and dependents could have access to the clinic.
    While many full-time Cast Members use the a health plan offered by Disney, even those who are not on the health plans (part-time, College Program, International College Program) can access the clinic. It will be located backstage of Epcot.