Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Mr. Faranheit

Blog Entries

Re: KITT is... a Mustang?

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzman View Post
    I think a smart decision would have been for Pontiac to whip up a prototype Firebird and see if it generates enough interest to bring the car back to production.
    Whip up a prototype? Do you have any idea how long it takes to come up with a static prototype let alone a rolling one? You're looking at a couple of years of just design and a year of building. The only reason the Camaro was included in Transformers was because the car had already been in development for quite awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulquarian View Post
    I think that was a good choice. When I hear VW Beetle, I associate it with flowers, slow pace, and my little sister
    I don't think you can get upset with the producers taking license with KITT as a Mustang and not Bumble Bee as a Camaro...
    Be controversial

Be outspoken

Be outrageous

Just don't be boring

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by justjohn View Post
    Whip up a prototype? Do you have any idea how long it takes to come up with a static prototype let alone a rolling one? You're looking at a couple of years of just design and a year of building. The only reason the Camaro was included in Transformers was because the car had already been in development for quite awhile.

I don't think you can get upset with the producers taking license with KITT as a Mustang and not Bumble Bee as a Camaro...
    Bumble Bee fit perfect as a camaro. A mustang as a super intelligent AI car? No way. It's way too blue collar of a car, even if it is the GT500KR.

• Mr. Faranheit

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Soulquarian View Post
    Bumble Bee fit perfect as a camaro. A mustang as a super intelligent AI car? No way. It's way too blue collar of a car, even if it is the GT500KR.
    I always thought KITT was way too prissy, too worried about getting his paint scratched. Hopefully, this new KITT will be a lot less so.

My dad is friends with one of the old school customizers named Bill Hines. Bill used to work for George Barris when Barris Kustoms was still in Compton. When I was a kid, I remember going with my Bill and my dad to George's shop in Hollywood. George took us into the showroom and dead center was KITT 2000. This was the car that had the wings and flaps that popped out of the sides. I thought that was the coolest thing ever. He also had the Monkeymobile, Batmobile, Munster Koach, the Bob Hope golfcart and a bunch of his other famous cars. This was before you could see them as easily.
    Be controversial

Be outspoken

Be outrageous

Just don't be boring

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

With the voice of Will Arnett (ratatouille chef), I imagine he's going to have a more wise-*** attitude.

As for the Bumblebee as a VW argument, it would never happen for 2 reasons:

1) Volkswagon is not willing to license their vehicles to anything involving violence or war. Hasbro wanted to make a updated beetle toy Bumblebee but VW wouldn't have anything to do with it. Even if it would profit greatly.

2) Michael Bay was absolutely against the idea of a VW bug being a transformer. So even if VW was okay with it, Michael Bay wouldn't be.

And that's that.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Banned User

Yes, but we're talking about a movie prop here, not a production prototype. They could send the design boys into the shop to crank out a body, fiberglass it and throw it onto any sports car platform. If the public took to it then they could work out the details of an actual wheel to sunroof, bumper to bumper automobile. For a film though all they need is a body.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzman View Post
    Yes, but we're talking about a movie prop here, not a production prototype. They could send the design boys into the shop to crank out a body, fiberglass it and throw it onto any sports car platform. If the public took to it then they could work out the details of an actual wheel to sunroof, bumper to bumper automobile. For a film though all they need is a body.
    That's exactly what they did for Transformers with the Camaro!

• Banned User

Huh. I didn't know that. Cool! At least then something good came of that absurdly grotesque excuse for a movie.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

Wasn't Bumble Bee a Beetle in the cartoon series?

The new main character has a mullet... Full mullet. So maybe a Mustang and a mullet...

• Happy Memories

Here's some more fodder for your little GM vs Ford debate. Will Arnett has had to pull out as the voice of KITT. He had already completed all of his work on the film and can be heard in the promos. However as a longtime voice over artist for GM comercials, he was forced to pull out based on a conflict of interest. He has been replaced by Val Kilmer, and they now have less than two weeks to redub all of Arnett's work with Kilmer.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by Xharryb View Post
    Here's some more fodder for your little GM vs Ford debate. Will Arnett has had to pull out as the voice of KITT. He had already completed all of his work on the film and can be heard in the promos. However as a longtime voice over artist for GM comercials, he was forced to pull out based on a conflict of interest. He has been replaced by Val Kilmer, and they now have less than two weeks to redub all of Arnett's work with Kilmer.
    Yah, I heard the same thing yesterday. Real interesting.

"it's the car. chicks dig the car."

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Welcome To My Nightmare

A mustang?

• Pilot EdForceOne

What were they supposed to use, a Solstice? The Firebird doesn't exist anymore and nothing in Pontiac's stable has the recognition let alone muscle car history to put into the spot. That and KITT should be an American car, not an import.
    Simple.... build a body/skin over an existing car. It's TV.. not mass production. They should have fab'd a fiberglass body of the car they wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    Sure Kitt was a Firebird, but IMO the Firebird wasn't a "Muscle-Car" it was a sports car.
    The F-bodies were always the domestic muscle cars of the 80s and 90s. They aren't sports cars at all.. still the big drag happy muscle cars - just with more interior and gizmos to justify higher prices over a mustang. IMHO

Back to the show.. this is again just product placement totally dominating creativity. This blows.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• Lonestar Louisianian

So I watched it on tv last night (not sure why this is in the movie section) and my thoughts are mixed.

I originally thought that a mustang would not work well for KITT but I must say that I was pleasantly surprised. It did indeed work for me and seemed to fit the general theme.

What did NOT work was Val Kilmer's voice. I understand that it was a quickie job and all, but it seemed so out-of-place. Kilmer's reading seemed stiff and rather flat. It sounded just like he was reading lines off a script.
    Also not sure if it supposed to be designed like the voice was coming from "live" person rather than the speakers of the car, but it was a bit disconcerting. Especially the scenes where KITT was supposed to be talking to the actors via an earpiece.

Technical aspects aside, I found it to be so-so. On the whole, especially with the sweepstakes viginettes, it came off pretty much like what flynnibus said "...just product placement totally dominating creativity."

• Sorcerer Supreme Bean

Hes supposed to be stiff and flat, hes an emotionless artifical intelligence...

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

I posted it on my myspace page: 2 hour commercial for Ford. The guy was kinda' hot though

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12