Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Re: WDT: Donald Duck Vol 3 missing a short?

The one with Chip & Dale might be officially classified as a Chip & Dale short, hence why it's not on the Donald discs.

My favorite Pluto short is actually classified as a Mickey short... the one where he chases after the Racoon. I was so mad it wasn't on either of my Complete Pluto DVDs.

• Delawarean Girl

Re: Walt Disney Treasures Discussion Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Melonballer View Post
    I'd love to see a volume that has the closed movies like Captain EO as well as ride throughs of attractions that are gone.

I also like this idea. It would be great if they showed the shows that some of us missed out such as Captain EO.

• Delawarean Girl

For shopping for Disney Treasures online. I normally got them from Amazon or Half.com .

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by Hayley B View Post
    I also like this idea. It would be great if they showed the shows that some of us missed out such as Captain EO.
    Back in the 90's, MTV showed Captain EO at least a couple times (non-3D of course). I managed to get it on tape once. I know I still have it somewhere.

• careful...i'm contagous!

in the paradise city. were the grass is green & the girls are pretty

i've watched the first "disneyland" disc, i was awsome, i love disneyland history
    doombuggiesDISNEYROYALTY

• Delawarean Girl

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    Back in the 90's, MTV showed Captain EO at least a couple times (non-3D of course). I managed to get it on tape once. I know I still have it somewhere.

I do remember the advertisement for Captain EO going to be shown on MTV too and how I wish I took that opportunity to watch it back then. That was way back before my first visit to WDW and I didn't know Captain EO was gone until much later while visiting WDW.

• ...TWO BITS!

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    The one with Chip & Dale might be officially classified as a Chip & Dale short, hence why it's not on the Donald discs.

My favorite Pluto short is actually classified as a Mickey short... the one where he chases after the Racoon. I was so mad it wasn't on either of my Complete Pluto DVDs.
    True. There's an upload on youtube, but it's still got Donald's face and name at the beginning. I think if Disney wanted to cash more money in, they would have just enough Chip n Dale material to warrant its own 2 disc WDT set. Then again, that would be nice. I freakin' love those lil guys...

Anybody know what the title of the short with Donald and Chip n Dale in a model train set, I think it was in Donald's backyard.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by filmfreak11 View Post
    True. There's an upload on youtube, but it's still got Donald's face and name at the beginning. I think if Disney wanted to cash more money in, they would have just enough Chip n Dale material to warrant its own 2 disc WDT set. Then again, that would be nice. I freakin' love those lil guys...

Anybody know what the title of the short with Donald and Chip n Dale in a model train set, I think it was in Donald's backyard.
    It's called "Out of Scale" and can be found on a DVD called " Walt Disney's Classic Cartoon Favorites Volume 4: Chip N Dale."

It's price is normally around $10.

I LOVE that short though.

• Senior Minion

Having watched through the first DVD of the "Secrets" DVD, it is just spectacular. I love the footage of the Mine Train, and some of the other clips of things long gone now from that area of the park really made me nostalgic for "the good old days", and wishing they'd do more with that corner of the park.

If there's more of this kind of great footage "in the vault", I hope it again sees the light of day!

• I'm not really here

Listening to Tony Baxter (audio commentary for the time laps construction videos) they have something like 400 hours of footage that they discovered sealed up in containers to be shipped to deep storage in Pennsylvania. They have only digitized about 1/2 of it. There is PLENTY more to be seen as this DVD only contains about 2 hours of footage.

You can really tell in the interviews they did who "bleeds" Disney and who doesn't. I loved John Lasseter's Jungle Cruise joke. That was awesome.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Great secrets DVD! I watch most of the first one and was totally riveted. Can't wait to see the rest.

• Delawarean Girl

Speaking of the "secrets" DVD one. I felt that they made a great choice on how to place the castle.

• Senior Minion

Having now finished the "secrets" DVD...it is indeed an outstanding compilation. The second disk, with the time lapse shots, not to mention getting to see Wally Boag (I'm Bill Bailey, I've come home!"), and those final shots of Walt (doesn't he look and sound fairly sick?) are priceless.

Even more special to me personally was the show on the NY World's Fair; I remember going to the fair, and seeing all those things, and being totally amazed at that time by IASW. Everytime I see it now, I'm brought back to that sense of wonder of seeing it as a child.

• Delawarean Girl

I still haven't really finished "secrets". I have only done pieces of a times ( I always do this to the Disney Treasures, by the way), I love to see a fast look at what they have to offer. I have seen 2 specials on the 2nd disc, so far. I saw the Worlds Fair and the Seasons one.

Spoiler
    Goofy made me laugh, when that fire hit his behind. Awesome, to think that this is still funny to this day too.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234