Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Delawarean Girl

Walt Disney Treasures Discussion Thread.

Hi,

This thread is made to discuss about the Walt Disney Treasures.

We would like to know, what are your thoughts about the New Wave 7 editions. Which are Disneyland: Secrets, Stories & Magic, The Chronological Donald, Volume Three, & The Adventures of Oswald the Lucky Rabbit.

Also, if you like to talk randomly about the other Waves of the Walt Disney Treasures. They are also welcomed in this thread, too.

Thank you.

-Hayley B.

Re: Walt Disney Treasures Discussion Thread.

I got my copy of the Disneyland dvd today and I'm very disappointed the widescreen formatting wasn't done properly.

I know the old footage will be 4:3 which is fine, but the new footage that was shot in widescreen does not display properly on a widescreen tv. Depending on the setup you have, you'll either get 4 black bars on all sides of the picture, or it'll be stretched, or you'll be zoomed in to get real 16:9, in which case you'll lose video on 4:3 clips.

Don't get me wrong, I love the dvd set so far and I love being able to watch all this incredibly interesting stuff, but I thought I'd mention this for anyone else with widescreen tvs.
    Last edited by DeliriumTrigger; 12-17-2007 at 07:35 PM.

• Delawarean Girl

*bumpies*

• MiceChat News Team
    • Supervillan Extrodinaire

Blog Entries

I'm hopeing to get the new set for Christmas. Until then I'm playing catch up. (btw.. anyone want to trade for a Mickey in Black and White vol 2? I seem to have a duplicate of it.)
    Growing older is manditory
    Growing up is however, optional

• Delawarean Girl

I could have gotten them yesterday, if the mail person didn't decide to give me a note instead. He could have just putted them under my mat (I live in a apartment, btw). So, *sighs* I have to wait for the mail person to re-deliver them to me, on Friday.

• Infinitized!

I've watched all of Oswald - both discs. It's neat seeing Disney's origins. The documentary on Ub Iwerks is very well done even though it was done a few years back. The shorts are all excellent, however, this set may only appeal to those that have a passion for history of Disney or silent film.

I haven't watched any of Donald Volume 2 yet and I'm getting Disneyland for Christmas so I have to wait for that one.

• Wait, what?

Blog Entries

I got the Disneyland one in the mail today, so I shall be watching that soon.

• Delawarean Girl

Quote Originally Posted by Barbossa View Post
    . The shorts are all excellent, however, this set may only appeal to those that have a passion for history of Disney or silent film.
    Yeah, I love the history when it comes to them. Hopefully it teaches you, why was Steamboat Willie was so awesome in it's day.

ok now that we all have the 2007 wave, any speculation on the 2008 sets?
    we all know that Vol4 of Donald will probably be on the list but any guesses as to what else there might be?? There are roughly 40 more Donald toons from what I can find out but wether or not Disney does 1 or 2 sets is a questions my gut says 2 (history of greed)
    Maybe a set of the educations toons is a possibility (jiminy cricket shorts)
    rumors of Song of the South making a comeback in this form have been around for years but I really dont see that happening
    Actually I would like to see a set devoted to Epcot and the history of that project
    so much of that idea never came close to happening and Walt had such a vision of it
    theres lot to tell

anyone have ideas?

• Minion

Some Disney Treasures DVDs I would like to see:

Ludwig Von Drake (multiple volumes of the Wonderful World Color shows)

Ranger Woodlore and Humphrey (not only the shorts but the original WWoC hours)

Jiminy Cricket (Educational shorts plus the hour shows hosted by Jiminy)

Disneyland Vol 3 (From the Pirates of the Caribbean to the World of Tomorrow, Disneyland Showtime, films from the parks no longer shown like America the Beautiful and Captain EO)

The Magic Mirror (TV hours hosted by Hans Conreid as the Magic Mirror)

The Scarecrow of Romney Marsh (all episodes and Dr Syn feature)

Annette (MMC serial, plus Annette extras and her unavailable films like Escapade in Florence, the Horsemasters, etc.)

Zorro (the four one hour episodes, the two feature compilations - all 78 half hours)

Walt Disney's Wonderful World of Color (various cool episodes that don't fit an easy category)

A Walt Disney Christmas

A Walt Disney Halloween

• Delawarean Girl

Just wanted to say that I just got the package of the Disney Treasures now. *excited* I'll be watching some of them this afternoon/evening. Starting with the Oswald one.

• Rides against injustice

Quote Originally Posted by merlinjones View Post
    Some Disney Treasures DVDs I would like to see:

Disneyland Vol 3 (From the Pirates of the Caribbean to the World of Tomorrow, Disneyland Showtime, films from the parks no longer shown like America the Beautiful and Captain EO)

Zorro (the four one hour episodes, the two feature compilations - all 78 half hours)

Walt Disney's Wonderful World of Color (various cool episodes that don't fit an easy category)
    AGREED!

I would love to see "Disneyland Showtime" on DVD and all those attraction preview episodes. I have several of the "Disneyland" episodes on VHS from when they used to air on "Vault Disney".

I also have almost all the "Zorro" episodes on VHS as well. I know that Disney has released Season 1 on DVD but only through the Disney Movie Club thing. I wish they would release them to the general public because I'm pretty sure it would sell like hot cakes.
    Out of the NIGHT....
    When the full moon is BRIGHT!!
    Comes a horseman known as ZORRO!!!
    ---------------------------------------

• Rides against injustice

I loved the "Disneyland" DVD. Hearing stories from Tony Baxter, Bruce Gordon, X. Atencio and the other Disney Icons was awesome. Cant wait to watch the rest of it over the holiday weekend.
    Out of the NIGHT....
    When the full moon is BRIGHT!!
    Comes a horseman known as ZORRO!!!
    ---------------------------------------

• Mischievous Mouse

I haven't ordered this yet, I wonder if the Disney stores are selling this? Does anyone know?

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

-Walt Disney

• Delawarean Girl

I just watched a good deal of the Oswald one, so far. As I said before, I love to learn about the history of the Disney animation or beginnings.

It was interesting to see more of why "Steamboad Willie" was considered awesome in thoses days, when comes about the sounding.

The only (???) While looking at Oswald and thinking of Early Mickey. Was that Oswald seems to be a little more well behaved then Mickey did in the begining. But of course they weren't showing off sounding in the Oswald cartoons, in which maybe some of the reasons. Have you noticed, that?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast