Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• me.

I saw Wicked last night!!!

Well, I finally got to see one of my favorite shows, Wicked. Wow, I was blown away. The performance was amazing. The Glinda was hilarious.
    Anyway, I was very disappointed though because Elphaba didn't fly!!! Isn't she supposed to fly in Defying Gravity???? I think so. Everyone around us said she was supposed to and they saw her try to get on her broom but didn't have time. So, my mom and I might go get rush tickets on saturday to see it again.
    Anyway, I was still thrilled to go see it.
    Oh! And the girl that played Nessa was Libby on Sabrina the Teenage Witch! I recognized her right away and told my mom and she was like "What? Who?"
    lol. And I also loved the Fiyero but the Elphaba was kind of... dull. I mean she had an incredible voice but she didn't really bring the role to life.
    So, if you haven't seen Wicked yet, GO! It was a great show.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Re: I saw Wicked last night!!!

I'm so glad you saw the show. Did you see it in LA or NY?

I just saw it in LA on the 15th. I thought that Elphaba was spot on perfect; however, I thought Glinda's voice wasn't up to the mark, although she was fun to watch.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Man O Lantern

I loved the show too!! I've seen it twice now....on Broadway and last weekend in LA. It was amazing both times.

I think perhaps Elphaba didn't fly because Stephanie Block hurt her back a few weeks ago??

The Galinda/Glinda we saw in LA didn't have the strongest voice, but she really hammed up the role and got some big laughs. She was extremely Galinda-ish and cutesie. The girl I saw in NY, sounded exactly like Kristin Chenowith on the soundtrack.....and in her costumes and wigs, you'd never even know it wasn't Kristin Chenowith. She's amazing.....that voice. And she was funny, too. I love that role!!

Elphaba.....however....her character makes me bawl. I just truly love her.

I'm so glad you loved it!!! Thanks for posting about it!! I thought Nessa was amazing in LA. I had no idea that girl had such a wonderful voice! We were all really impressed with her!

• me.

Quote Originally Posted by stinkerbell
    I loved the show too!! I've seen it twice now....on Broadway and last weekend in LA. It was amazing both times.

I think perhaps Elphaba didn't fly because Stephanie Block hurt her back a few weeks ago??

The Galinda/Glinda we saw in LA didn't have the strongest voice, but she really hammed up the role and got some big laughs. She was extremely Galinda-ish and cutesie. The girl I saw in NY, sounded exactly like Kristin Chenowith on the soundtrack.....and in her costumes and wigs, you'd never even know it wasn't Kristin Chenowith. She's amazing.....that voice. And she was funny, too. I love that role!!

Elphaba.....however....her character makes me bawl. I just truly love her.

I'm so glad you loved it!!! Thanks for posting about it!! I thought Nessa was amazing in LA. I had no idea that girl had such a wonderful voice! We were all really impressed with her!
    ya she was great! i saw her up close after the show.. she is soo pretty! i never thought she was that pretty on sabrina. and we also saw Fiyero on the way out. he is soooo cute.
    Dusty, I saw it in LA. But I reallyyy want to see it in NY.

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries

I would have to say that Nessa had the strongest voice that night. I talked to someone at work who saw Wicked last Saturday and she said that Stephanie's voice was very powerful, even during The Wizard and I. My theory may be correct that she might have had family in the audience that was making her nervous. Or perhaps her back was bothering her.

I really want to see it again. The tour is going to be in San Diego this time next year. My mom and I are already plotting our group sales strategy. I am even hopeful that Ali will be ready to come see it.
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

• Official MC Thread Killer

I saw it on the 14th. It was the best show I've seen in my entire life!!! I loved every minute of it. I would agree that Glinda (or Galinda... Glinda with a "guh") was hilarious! I thought Madame Morrible (at least the night we saw it) wasn't spot on at all.. I thought she had the worst performance. But it still rocked. I can't wait to see it again when it comes to DC!

"Oh.. it looks like the artichoke is steamed!"
    BLOCK - PARTY - BASH
    I'm gonna sing it; from the heart behind these hands

Please do not put on your safety goggles until you are safely seated inside the theater safely

• Rat Patootie

I was lucky enough to see it also...omg...June 23rd...I'll never forget it...

Elphie was right on, Galinda (the 'guh' is silent) was not as strong as Kristen, but none the less, a wonderful performance...my only qualm was with Fiyeros' vibrato...it was too over the top...but other than that...I thought that everyone in the cast was absolutely wonderful...

And I didn't recognize Nessa as Libby from Sabrina until after...but I did, oddly enough, notice that Madame Morrible (who was also just fabulous the night I was there) was also, for those who remember, Latka's wife on Taxi! I could not believe it, I had to check the playbill like, four times before I was sure it was her!

Anyway...I'm plotting trips to Costa Mesa and San Diego (maybe AZ and NV if it shows there when I can go)...I MUST see it again...the hype is right...

"They're just shoes!"
    șoș.....:::.......*.....,^,.............:..........:...................................*''*
    ..).....:::::.........|..| |.....*......':'..'.:.'..':'.......*........_\(/_.........*_\/_*
    (..':::'.....,^,/ \ | |...............:::o::: Remember,...../)\...........*-/\-*
    .\/|\........,^,| ||_|| |.,^,......*....'.':'.'.........Dreams Come True!...*..*
    .../\....*...| | \/|,-,|\/ | |
    MySpace.com/JivinJonno

• DisneyFan

Totally agree with all of you. I saw it June 24 after it opened the first night...too bad and it was amazing. Not my FAVORITE of all time but up there. Elphie did fly in gravity so bummer if you didn't get to see it. Fierro was ok but honestly I did not care too much for the Wizard. Maybe it was hard enough not to see him as Steve Rhodes on Married with Children. But I loved Guh..linda. The song between her and Elphie was the best. I was laughing the whole way through. True Carol King was not as someone mentioned it as on spot but she was playing a character role and she did a good job at that. I have to say I thought there were large similarities between the girl who played Galinda and Kristen. But that might be because of the clips and music I have heard featuring her. Great overall...we'll have to see if I can afford to see it again next year at Costa Mesa. ANYBODY GOING TO SEE LITTLE SHOP AT CM??

• insufferable know-it-all

Wait... Wicked? in Costa Mesa??????????

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries

Wicked will be in San Diego next year then Costa Mesa.

http://www.wickedthemusicaltour.com/tour_cities.htm
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.

NO GOATS!

• Happiest Stickys on Earth

I just saw it in LA last night and it was amazing!! I loved every minute of it - well almost every minute. My one big phobia in life is flying monkeys so I was a little freaked during a couple of scenes. I think I nearly blacked out when they first got their wings. My friend talked me through it and assured me they are good. (breathe, just breathe, inhale, exhale). I loved the sets, costumes, songs, humor, performers and story so much that I will risk my life to see Wicked again. I just bought the soundtrack on iTunes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morrigoon
    Wait... Wicked? in Costa Mesa??????????
    It's coming next summer to the OC Performing Arts Center. We already have our reservations for August 20 because of our Broadway Series season tickets.http://www.ocpac.org/onstage/Event.a...ntCategoryID=1
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyMania!
    Anyway, I was very disappointed though because Elphaba didn't fly!!! Isn't she supposed to fly in Defying Gravity???? I think so. Everyone around us said she was supposed to and they saw her try to get on her broom but didn't have time.
    I'm so sad you didn't get to see her fly - that scene was breathtaking. I can't believe they would cut it out - maybe technical difficulties. She doesn't actually fly on her broom, but is lifted from behind the curtain that transforms into her skirt. I hope you get to see it again this weekend.

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries

My mom's friends saw Wicked last night too! They both loved it. We are going to try to see it in San Diego with them next summer.

NO GOATS!

• Man O Lantern

Morrigoon!!!! You have my mental tosstoss in your avatar!!! It was missing from the LA show, but it was one of the highlights when I saw it in NYC!!! My husband and I constantly walk around saying, "Tosstoss! Tosstoss!" I loooooveed that part!!! Tosstoss!!!

And my fakesweet daughter who we used to call Splenda....and was Glinda/GUHlinda for Halloween?? We now call her SPUHlenda.

I love Wicked!! Such a shame u didn't get to see the defying gravuty effect, it's intense!!! I am flying out to see the Chicago show in December. I can't wait to see Gasteyer in the role of Elphie, I hear she is utterly amazing, some even say better than Idina!

• me.

uggghh. i am so mad i didn't get to see the flying. i am definately going on saturday because now my cousin wants to see it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast