Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulquarian
    I say good riddance, bring back the cajun popcorn shrimp at that little shack by the Columbia dock!
    And while we're at it let's just add a whole new food court in there too! With a Pizza Hut, Burger King, Taco Bell, the whole works!

• SuperDork

Re: Dreamworks McDonald's deal - The news we aren't hearing

Let McD's go! I don't think there is a fastfood restaurant that has a worse reputation!

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by jenlynn
    Let McD's go! I don't think there is a fastfood restaurant that has a worse reputation!
    Sure, it has a bad reputation, but it is also the most widely-known fast food chain in the world, and no doubt most profitable.

The partnership helps both Disney and McDonalds, by attracting children to the Happy Meals. When I was a kid I only cared about the Happy Meals when there were good Disney movies involved... Sure, my mom would never get it for me but still.. thats besides the point

I really think Disney needs to work on maintaining its relationships. It's lost Pixar, it nearly lost George Lucas, it lost Applause (plush toy manufacturer)... The last thing Disney needs is another painful corporate partnership making headlines and drama. Whether we like McDonalds or not the partnership is good for both companies...

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

•   
    • Minion

You would be surprised at how many people would prefer food service they know to food service they don't...

But here is the thing... Disney has a repuation for better service than McD's... However I don't know if it has been true with the ODV bing of Pressler.
    Check out my other blog:

The deal involving the happy meals between Disney and McDonald's is completly different then the deal they have with the parks. When I was a CM it was explained to me like this. When AK was built McDonald's made a deal with Disney to pay for the entire Dinasour section of the park. Which is why their name is plastered all over this area of the park. In return Disney had to give they a small spot in each of the 4 parks as well as 2 full resturants, one in DTD and on by the All Star. If you remember they all opened about the same time as AK, so this does make sense. However, I really have no idea if shrek toys will now be banned from Disney property. Thats anybody's guess. Who knows it might be in the contract somewhere that no competing movies could be advertised within Disney property. I wouldn't be surprised.

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Rosso11
    The deal involving the happy meals between Disney and McDonald's is completly different then the deal they have with the parks. When I was a CM it was explained to me like this. When AK was built McDonald's made a deal with Disney to pay for the entire Dinasour section of the park. Which is why their name is plastered all over this area of the park. In return Disney had to give they a small spot in each of the 4 parks as well as 2 full resturants, one in DTD and on by the All Star. If you remember they all opened about the same time as AK, so this does make sense. However, I really have no idea if shrek toys will now be banned from Disney property. Thats anybody's guess. Who knows it might be in the contract somewhere that no competing movies could be advertised within Disney property. I wouldn't be surprised.
    That is what I thought about the deal here... Park sponsorship is a seprate agreement than Marketing agreement at Buena Vista Distribution...

But it does create a change in thought at McDonalds... Maybe pulling back on the relationship?
    Check out my other blog:

• Happy Memories

I realize that there are different types of agreements for the different aspects of their various deals. What i'm curious about, and the reason I posed the funny question about Shrek on WDW property is that when these deals were made the promotional deals between the 2 companies were pretty much exclusive, and had been for some time. So was there enough forethought to make no compete stipulations or will Disney now be kicking themselves for not thinking ahead?

I can say for sure there will be no DreamWorks promotion on the Disney-property McDonald's.

I work P/T at Best Buy, and the nearest place to grab food is the McDonald's in the WalMart in the shopping center. When McDonald's has the "Best Buy Bucks" on their fries and such, there is no mention at all of the contest in the WalMart McD's... that why everything says "At Participating Locations"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12