• The Yodelin' Cowgirl

Blog Entries

Rapunzel/ Enchanted Comparison question:

I've been meaning to ask about this for a while because I feel I can't be the only one that thought of this.

As we all know, there is a scene in Enchanted right before the Oger attack where Giselle is sitting in her window talking to her chipmunk friend Pip about her prince... the scene looks like this:

Forever ago, Disney released some concept art and the like for Rapunzel
    Primarily in my mind was this picture

Am I the only one that thought these both looked very very similar when they saw Enchanted....
    I did a side-by side (they're not perfect matches but I just thought it was odd how similar they are)

So that's it... just thought I'd share and see if anyone else noticed

• I am number 4 of 999

Re: Rapunzel/ Enchanted Comparison question:

Well, Enchanted IS supposed to poke fun at the things Princesses do in movies... and I would count talking to squirrels and chipmunks as such a thing. Don't be surprised if it still shows up in Rapunzel.
    It's actually "Cars Land", not "Carsland".

• I'm not really here

Thank you!!! I knew it looked familiar from somewhere. I could not for the life of me even begin to think where I had seen it before. I thought I was making it up or something and so I didn't mention it at all. It looks incredibly similar, and I don't doubt that they drew inspiration from those drawings for a scene. Especially given the fact that they pulled material from every other Disney animated movie.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Minion

ORWEN: Oh! This is a subject very close to my own heart, Kuzcochik! You see, I just LOVED Enchanted and I've been chomping at the bit over the release of Rapunzel for many years, now, ever since I first heard about it being made into an animated movie back in 1992. (Yes, it's been that long since they first thought of doing it but then it got pushed out of the way for Pocahontas.) Anyway, I never would have thought about the comparisons between Giselle and Rapunzel if you hadn't pointed them out. Also, in the movie Enchanted, there was a stage play going on in the park when Giselle and Robert were strolling by and it was a children's version of Rapunzel. At one point Giselle is seen at the window of Rapunzel's tower with the little girl who was playing the part of Rapunzel and I took that as a prophecy of things to come!

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Quote Originally Posted by Kuzcochik View Post
    Am I the only one that thought these both looked very very similar when they saw Enchanted....

So that's it... just thought I'd share and see if anyone else noticed
    Perhaps some of the dozens of animators that worked or are working on both films. Concept artwork is created to establish basic images and scenes, in a fairytale or princess film there are some classic standards.
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• The Yodelin' Cowgirl

Blog Entries

I just thought it was odd to take let's say "inspiration" from a film that hasn't even come out yet. (I know they have that scene in the park, but that to me is just "hey, quick shout out to that movie coming out")

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ALIASd View Post
    Perhaps some of the dozens of animators that worked or are working on both films. Concept artwork is created to establish basic images and scenes, in a fairytale or princess film there are some classic standards.
    Except that the animation for Enchanted was outsourced.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    Except that the animation for Enchanted was outsourced.
    When I see the names of Disney artists such as Andreas Deja, Mark Henn and Roberto Espanto Domingo listed in the credits I'm gonna lean on their expertise having been strongly felt in the characters design and evolution in a Disney film. Contracters are a given in modern times.
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006