Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Circle of Ancients

Which Disney Princess Had it the Worst?

This question came to me a few days ago, while I was trying to get to sleep. I had just finished watching one of the old Disney Christmas specials that featured both Cinderella and Snow White, and it got me to thinking. In America, one of the biggest contests people like to participate in is the classic "Whose got it the worst?". I have never quite figured out why people would want to win such a contest or debate, but such “contests” do exist in our society. So, if the Disney Princesses were battling it out over who had it the worst, who would win? Who do you choose?

Would it be Snow White, a princess forced into slave labor by her wicked stepmother? How about Belle, who became a prisoner in a beast's castle? It's up to you. We all know a lot of the princesses lead crummy lives before Prince Charming came along, but who had it the crummiest?

You decide, debate, and have fun!

• Delawarean Girl

Re: Which Disney Princess Had it the Worst?

I would say Cinderella. She got a real slap in the face, once the Stepmother turned on her. The Stepmother made her a maid (abused her) and the stepmother favored her own daughters over Cinderella and made that unfair. Also the step sisters would be mean and selfish too over Cinderella. So, I would say Cinderella got the worst out of all the Disney Princesses.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

I think Snow White got it the worst. For one, she was almost killed by the huntsman. That's gotta be scary enough as it is. Then had to run into the woods and face all those trees and luckily find the dwarfs cottage. And then the ugly witch gives her a poisoned apple. So she actually dies before getting awakened by a total stranger.

Cinderella while treated with less than stellar methods, at least had a house to live in and friends to talk to. She had a magical moment at the ball and fell in love and though she had minor heartache following the ball, it wasn't that long before all was fixed.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• враг народа

Blog Entries

This is quite an interesting question. Ariel, Bell, and Mulan (who is in the Princess line) are themselves largely, if not solely, responsible for their situations.

The one I would say who had it the best was Giselle. Aside from a sense of bewilderment, she ends up almost from the start with her true love and is unaware of attempts on her life. By the time it comes, fighting a dragon does not seem to be too much for her.

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

Interesting concept.

I do have to agree with Hayley & Cohete though, Cinderella & Snow White got it pretty bad. Both got forced to work for their step mother's as peasant maids in their own houses after their fathers' passed away. Cinderella had to deal with two horrible step sisters as well and Snow White was almost murdered by the hunter. They're both equally pretty crappy.

What about Sleeping Beauty though? Even as an infant, a mere few days old she was destined to be "killed" at the young age of 16. She's whisked away from her loving parents that night to live with three fairies in which two of them bicker with each other a lot. And even after living in a safe enviorment, she was pretty isolated from any other kind of human contact because she was not allowed to speak to strangers. Then all of a sudden you find love and then you find out you're actually a princess and you're supposed to marry a Prince and you're forced to leave everything behind? That's gotta be pretty tough on a 16 year old I think. And then she gets hypnotized by Maleficent and pricks her finger to fulfill the prophecy? Jeeze...

They all have it pretty bad in their own ways.

• Minion

ORWEN: Yes, I'd say it's a toss up as to which princess had it worse. I would have said Princess Aurora had it BEST--until I read what Experiment626 just said.

• Minion

ORDDU: I would have to say that Rapunzel has had it the worst. Just look how many years it's taking to have her story animated. All the other Disney heroines have established fan bases by now. Rapunzel COULD have been released many years ago, had she not been bumped out of the way by a story and Production team that preferred doing a NON-fairy tale, instead. (I'm thinking of Pocahontas, here.) Then, again, perhaps this will work in Rapunzel's favor. Maybe we'll all say--one day-- that she was worth the 20 year wait...

• Shablagoo!

I'd say Princess Elionwy because she gets no respect. When was the last time she was invited to Cinderellabration, Princess Fantasy Faire, or another princess based event? Poor girl.

• Minion

ORWEN: Well, yes, we could have mentioned our dear, sweet Princess Eilonwy, too, but didn't want to rub salt into a wound that still hasn't healed. I remember when they at least included her on a Christmas pin years ago with all the other princesses. But--even then--she had her back to the audience like some poor little step child.

ORDDU: Thank you for mentioning one of our best friends, Melonballer, duckling. We'll make sure that we mention you to Eilonwy the next time we see her.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Supervillan Extrodinaire

Blog Entries

I wouldn't concider Eilonwy a princess though. She called herself that, but she was actually a scullery maid.
    Growing older is manditory
    Growing up is however, optional

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by OogieBoogie View Post
    I wouldn't concider Eilonwy a princess though. She called herself that, but she was actually a scullery maid.
    But then again is Belle really a princess? Unlike in Cinderella, we never actually see a wedding scene in this film, do we? Perhaps she's been a peasant this whole time, and she just likes dressing up in fancy yellow gowns to impress the pots and pans (that sing).

• MiceChat News Team

Blog Entries

Belle is different though. She ends up with a prince. Eilonwy ends up with a pig farmer.

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by OogieBoogie View Post
    Belle is different though. She ends up with a prince. Eilonwy ends up with a pig farmer.
    But at least Taran is a little better at doing things for others than the Beast is... So who really is more deserving of the prince title? But, nonetheless, you are correct in that Taran is but a pig farmer and the Beast is a prince. But, still, since we only assume that Belle and the Beast get married, we might have to tell Disney to stop selling Belle in the Princess line. She's "unofficial".

• MiceChat News Team

Blog Entries

True, but Taran never put himself in harms way when he did things for others. He had hen wen show the horned king where the black cauldron was, and he wished for Gurgi to be saved. That's it. Beast at least risked his life twice for Belle, not to mention he became cultured and a gentleman, which Taran didn't have to do.

• Delawarean Girl

Giselle really isn't a princess too. She was a fair maiden. It was the other lady (Nancy), who became the princess.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast