Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince - Sneak Peeks

A couple sneak peeks from Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.

I'm a bit disturbed that the costume designer mentions that the Quidditch uniforms are inspired by American football and are "macho." Ugh. But the Orphanage set looks nice
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http:...?v=skTs8ErDbKk

And look at this - looks like Dumbledore may have finally bathed. His costume is still far from correct (thank you Alfonso Cuaron), but at least his beard and hair are white and fuller now, and it looks like his robes may have gotten a wash.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http:...?v=hLKbadsOmjo

Looks like its going to be good Can't wait!

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Re: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince - Sneak Peeks

Ohhh, how exciting! Can't wait!

• my two sunshines

These same clips are on IMDB - a bit clearer (but then I posted that on the last new Harry Potter thread)

• Knight that says Nee!!

Great post, thanks

• Clearing my Calendar

Orphanage is looking really good! Pretty much how I imagined. I think the Quidditch costumes look great and, honestly, make more sense.

They're all looking so grown up ( Neville especially! ) and I'm very happy to see that Ron's hair is still on the shorter side.
    "But every night, when it gets dark
    and the stars come out,
    I'll look up on her behalf.
    I'll look up in the sky and think of you."

• Rock Star Minion

I can't wait -- to get home to view these. Hmm, there will be Quidditch this time? I guess that is a good way to keep Felix in the movie, as well keeping the plot point when XXX finally hooks up with YYY.

They're growing up too fast. They should start working on "Deathly Hallows" ASAP.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Knight that says Nee!!

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    I can't wait -- to get home to view these. Hmm, there will be Quidditch this time? I guess that is a good way to keep Felix in the movie, as well keeping the plot point when XXX finally hooks up with YYY.

They're growing up too fast. They should start working on "Deathly Hallows" ASAP.
    Uh...they can't start work on DH until they finish HBP here...they didn't set it up to film both at once like the Matrix sequels did.

The Quidditch stuff is okay looking, I just don't know why they bothered. I don't recall any pads or gear being mentioned in the books and they didn't wear any (except arm and shin guards) in the previous movies, so why all of a sudden would they be wearing it now? Oh well, we'll see.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by Goofy Daddy View Post
    The Quidditch stuff is okay looking, I just don't know why they bothered. I don't recall any pads or gear being mentioned in the books and they didn't wear any (except arm and shin guards) in the previous movies, so why all of a sudden would they be wearing it now? Oh well, we'll see.
    My thoughts too. The new Quidditch uniforms are completely pointless.

| | |

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

I think I'm going to have a harder time with this one because Dumbleldore is much more front and center...and I think they've had the wrong actor since they lost Richard Harris.

And the quidditch helmets? No. You would think the producer would have said something...

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by localdisnyfan View Post
    I think I'm going to have a harder time with this one because Dumbleldore is much more front and center...and I think they've had the wrong actor since they lost Richard Harris.

And the quidditch helmets? No. You would think the producer would have said something...
    I wasn't a fan of Richard Harris, but I don't particularly have an emotional connection with Michael Gambon's Dumbledore either. I think Gambon could pull off a good Dumbledore if he had actually read the books (and they gave him a robes worthy of Dumbledore)... but he has admitted that he has no interest in actually reading his source material. What a shame.

I'm going to have a very hard time with this because Draco, Snape, AND Dumbledore all play very significant parts in this film - all three characters that have been neglected in the films. I mean, seriously, how on earth are we supposed to buy that Draco from the films is foul enough to break Harry's nose? Not to mention, in the last film we were never told that his father is in now in Azkaban after the Ministry incident - so its going to be pretty shocking that pansy film Draco break's Harry's nose for something filmgoers knew nothing about.

Its also going to be very hard to believe that film Draco and film Smape are truly involved with the whole Astronomy Tower incident - Snape is nothing more than comic relief in the films - and Draco usually has three words if he's lucky. How on earth are they going to make it work on screen when these characters have been so insignificant in the films up until now?

The films have become more and more of a mess as the story has progressed. I'm excited for this film, but I have no idea how they're going to pull it off.

Deathly Hallows should be even more interesting....

| | |

• Confederate Lady

Question Re: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince - Sneak Peeks

"Looks like they might have finally gotten Dumbledore's costume right....."
    Um....this is a work of fiction, and there is no "right" to any costuming. However, they have been a bit "static", of late. If one remembers, Dumbledore had SEVERAL different robes, in 'Sorcerer's Stone' and 'Chamber of Secrets'. I would have imagined that 'Dumbledore' would have more than one set of robes! Perhaps, Mr Yates, has "branched out"???
    Last edited by callicott3; 12-29-2007 at 06:30 AM. Reason: Punctuation and spelling errors
    There are no small roles, only small actors!

• Clearing my Calendar

As far as the helmets go, the designer herself said they probably won't be used for the actual matches, which, to me, translates to, "No one liked them but I'm hanging on by a thread here."

I don't think it'll be too hard for them to have a mention of Lucius Malfoy in Azkaban in the Daily Prophet on Harry's nightstand or something. If it's important to the flow of the movies then they'll have that in there. If it is not important (say, for example, Draco doesn't break Harry's nose? Among other things...) there'd be no need to mention it.

Personally, a small part of me hopes that the film makers go so far off on their own tangent that Deathly Hallows has a bit of a different ending than the books.
    "But every night, when it gets dark
    and the stars come out,
    I'll look up on her behalf.
    I'll look up in the sky and think of you."

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by callicott3 View Post
    "Looks like they might have finally gotten Dumbledore's costume right....."
    Um....this is a work of fiction, and there is no "right" to any costuming. However, they have been a bit "static", of late. If one remembers, Dumbledore had SEVERAL different robes, in 'Sorcerer's Stone' and 'Chamber of Secrets'. I would have imagined that 'Dumbledore' would have more than one set of robes! Perhaps, Mr Yates, has "branched out"???
    [bold mine]
    The films are based on books - Dumbledore's robes and appearance are described in detail in the books. There is a "right" costume for Dumbledore - J.K. Rowling wrote it.

Quote Originally Posted by TraceCub View Post
    As far as the helmets go, the designer herself said they probably won't be used for the actual matches, which, to me, translates to, "No one liked them but I'm hanging on by a thread here."

I don't think it'll be too hard for them to have a mention of Lucius Malfoy in Azkaban in the Daily Prophet on Harry's nightstand or something. If it's important to the flow of the movies then they'll have that in there. If it is not important (say, for example, Draco doesn't break Harry's nose? Among other things...) there'd be no need to mention it.

Personally, a small part of me hopes that the film makers go so far off on their own tangent that Deathly Hallows has a bit of a different ending than the books.
    [bold mine]
    I'd prefer to see an adaptation of the book - not some director's re-writing of a masterpiece.

| | |

• Banned User

While I absolutely adored the first three films, after the complete and utter travesty of Order of the Phoenix I have very little faith that this one will be any good. My first indication? Redesigning the Quidditch uniforms. WTF? They've already established the look of Quidditch robes and they look great. We're supposed to believe that suddenly they had to be redesigned with padding and crap all over them? Lame. Further, I nearly vomit every time I see Michael "Elmo Would Be A Better Dumbledore" Gambon on screen. He alone has made the films since Harris' death nearly unwatchable, and with Phoenix the craptasticness simply caught up to his level.

I'll still go see it, if for no other reason than out of loyalty to the Potter series. But I have no hopes whatsoever of it actually being any good.

Blah. Can we have Columbus back, please???

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzman View Post
    While I absolutely adored the first three films, after the complete and utter travesty of Order of the Phoenix I have very little faith that this one will be any good. My first indication? Redesigning the Quidditch uniforms. WTF? They've already established the look of Quidditch robes and they look great. We're supposed to believe that suddenly they had to be redesigned with padding and crap all over them? Lame. Further, I nearly vomit every time I see Michael "Elmo Would Be A Better Dumbledore" Gambon on screen. He alone has made the films since Harris' death nearly unwatchable, and with Phoenix the craptasticness simply caught up to his level.

I'll still go see it, if for no other reason than out of loyalty to the Potter series. But I have no hopes whatsoever of it actually being any good.

Blah. Can we have Columbus back, please???
    I didn't mind Order of the Phoenix as much as I did Goblet of Fire. But I'm still irked that Order, the longest book, was made into the shortest film. What a dumb move!

Hopefully someone with a right mind will lure Chris Columbus back for Deathly Hallows. Who knows though - honestly, if I were him, I wouldn't want to come back cause whoever does the 7th film is going to have a lot of loose ends to wrap up due to the shoddy work done on the previous screenplays.

| | |

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast