No More Buena Vista!?!

So, earlier today, I went to see National Treasure: Book of Secrets, and as I usually sit thru the end credits, I noticed that at the very end, it now says distributed by Walt Disney Motion Pictures Group (or something like that) as opposed to Buena Vista Entertainment. When did this change? Is it only on movies released under the "Walt Disney Pictures" banner (or will Touchstone and Miramax films say this)? Could someone please tell me what's up?

• Circle of Ancients

Re: No More Buena Vista!?!

They phased out Buena Vista a while back. BV TV Distribution is now "Disney-ABC Domestic Television Distribution" and Film is now Walt Disney Studios Distribuition (or something similar). There was a big discussion here a while back on these boards about it. I believe it was announced they were doing this in April of 2007.

But, was NT the first to have this new label at the end? cause looking at my copies of Ratatouille, Pirates and Robinsons, they still have the Buena Vista name at the end. I'm pretty certain at work, all the boxes we've got of Disney stuff still are initialed BVHE (Buena Vista Home Entertainment), so are they still in the middle of changing it?

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Incredible View Post
    But, was NT the first to have this new label at the end? cause looking at my copies of Ratatouille, Pirates and Robinsons, they still have the Buena Vista name at the end. I'm pretty certain at work, all the boxes we've got of Disney stuff still are initialed BVHE (Buena Vista Home Entertainment), so are they still in the middle of changing it?
    I'm not sure if NT was the first or not. It would make sense that Enchanted would have the new name, because it was still in the works when this was decided, unlike Ratatouille and the rest of the ones you named.

But, yes, they are phasing it out currently. It takes a long time to change labels and packaging etc, but I'm sure BV will be gone completely by the end of next year. It's an attempt to focus on the big names: ABC, ESPN, and of course Disney.