• The Yodelin' Cowgirl

Blog Entries

12/29 The Enchanted Experience at the El Capitan at Trip Report

Okkay, so I hope I put this in the right category cause I’m just kind of guessing here (cause it’s Disney and non-park) so if I’m wrong can someone move it for me ^__^

So last weekend I headed out to San diego to visit w/ Horse_bunny and Disneyphenom for some much needed post holiday fun.
    On Saturday we headed out to Hollywood (by passing Disneyland twice which was ridiculously hard!) to the El Capitan to experience the Enchanted Experience (natch!)

Firstly, there’s a podcast up on Itunes and Horseandrabbit.com (go here: horseandrabbit.com/play/radio and click Episode 32: The Enchanted Experience)

But on to the Trip Report:
    The streets were crazy crowded, like everyone decided to head out to Hollywood the weekend before New Years. Hollywood’s weird to me in general but it was just that much scarier w/ that many people (though someone was dressed as Johnny Depp Sweeney Todd & Helena Bonham Carter Mrs. Lovett which was freaking awesome!)

The El Cap

We hurried into the safety of the soda fountain realizing how lame we were having to seek refugee in a place of Disney :-P

We quickly found out we had to head over to the side alleyway to wait to get into the theater. Luckily we were there early so we were about the 20th people in line.
    I was doing something I thought looked Giselle-ish I guess, disneyphenom was being himself

Horse_bunny & I excited about the movie!

They really do love each other! I swear ^_~

Looking sad because it was the last time I got to use my Kodak (that survived 3 months in the snow) because I just bought a fantastic expensive new camera for myself for X-mas (*hopefully will get to use it in D-land soon*)

We sat in the balcony toward the middle which was pretty good

The decorations left a little to be desired… just some flowers

Waiting for the movie and dorking around w/ cameras

My pepsi cost me like 4 dollars! I was angry at it but thirsty

The organ

Then there was this movie that was fabulous especially the third time. I danced out as I often have singing everything to the tune of “How Does She Know”

Slightly blurry but it’s actually all three of us.. looking like we like each other… wth?

Princesses!!!

Lots of props and pictures from the movie

As everyone who posts about this says…. I WANT THIS DRESS!!!!

And I want to make one that looks like what’s missing from here

And I entered to win this one :P

Okkay so then we went and visited with all the princesses
    Cinderella was very cute. She told me I looked like Giselle which made me happy

Horse_bunny and I doing the princess pose (I could so be a princess :P) w/ Aurora (she was doing an almost English accent.. it was strange)

Now Ladies and Gentlemen the 9th Wonder of the World! The Backside of Giselle!!!! Oooohhhh ahhhhhh

Giselle had the longest line (still would have been longer if we’d been at Dland). We quickly realized why. The girl was so in character and she carried on long conversations with everyone.

By this point I was so 7 yrs old!!

We had a long conversation about how Arizona is too hot and how she liked my flowers and how we looked similar and gah! She was so cute

Disneyphenom kissed her hand and she asked Horse_bunny if he was her true love… when she said yes she got ridiculously happy!

Then there was Jasmine

Horse_bunny and Ariel had a long conversation about how the skulls on her jacket made her a pirate and Ariel asked what they were in love with (b/c they had hearts in their eyes)

This pic is ridiculous.

Ariel asked me if I was part mermaid cause I had red hair and I told her I could be, then she asked if I was from Andelasia… I told her I was having a hard time cause I always wanted to be a mermaid, but now I wanted to be from Andelasia. She told me I could be from both like how she was sometimes mermaid and sometimes human. That’s why Ariel will always be my favorite princess… with Giselle a very close second now ^_~

I honestly don’t really remember what Snow and I talked about

She was a very cute Snow though

We finally saw Belle a little later (who had had the longest line, but then was totally deserted)

There were also games set up… the balls were shaped like apples, so I tried one

And died a little

There were jugglers and people on stilts

This guy talked to me for like 10 minutes about good places to live… it was kind of weird but he was really nice even when he kept screwing up his juggling

And finally outside the Kodak Theater

That’s it folks…. And this picture:

Is how you know… It’s THE END!!!

*runs off singing “That’s how you know….”*

• Troublemaker

Re: 12/29 The Enchanted Experience at the El Capitan at Trip Report

Psst -- if anyone is looking for a better version of the podcast, there's always iTunes (and its horribly long URLs which always crack me up because they contain the name of one of my cats):

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/M...84989&s=143441

And the direct site link:

http://www.horseandrabbit.com/Radio
    Last edited by Disneyphenom; 01-07-2008 at 08:10 PM.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's a music celebration!

Kuzcochik, thanks for another wonderful trip report! All the photos are fantastic, but the staged pics with your non-stop-fun friends are my favorites. They're totally enchanting!

I'll have to download and watch the podcast later this evening. If it's anything like the other horseandrabbit podcasts, it'll be a blast!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

KC,

We just missed each other. I was at the 7pm show on Dec 29th.

Love your "almost died" picture!!!!

• The Yodelin' Cowgirl

Blog Entries

Disneyphenom: Thank you! I meant to put actual links in there but I'm lame and forgot cause I had like 7 pages of just pics :P

Armadillo4: You're always so kind about my posts, thank you!! I think it's funny cause I'm always thinking "these staged one's are only going to be funny to us" and those tend to be the one's people like best *shrug* go fig!

Aladdin: That's crazy! We were leaving about the time you were heading into the theater. And thank you (Oh and furthermore, your profile pic makes you look like the princess pimp... in a good way!!)

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Arizona's own

Blog Entries

Wow, great report and pictures. Aladdin told me about his adventure at the El Capitan and now to see pictures from another point of view. Looks like a great time and you certainly could be a princess, I dub thee Princess Arizona.

• Senior Minion

Ok, I have to ask: where did you get the Giselle-like flowers for your hair? I love it!
    Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

• Banned User

this was an awsome trip report. I love how you talked with all the carectors . truly a great time was had.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Quote Originally Posted by Kuzcochik View Post
    Disneyphenom: Thank you! I meant to put actual links in there but I'm lame and forgot cause I had like 7 pages of just pics :P

Armadillo4: You're always so kind about my posts, thank you!! I think it's funny cause I'm always thinking "these staged one's are only going to be funny to us" and those tend to be the one's people like best *shrug* go fig!

Aladdin: That's crazy! We were leaving about the time you were heading into the theater. And thank you (Oh and furthermore, your profile pic makes you look like the princess pimp... in a good way!!)

Hahahaha!! Yeah, it's unwhittingly become a theme as my
    previous avatary made me look like Cruela's Pimp!!!

I really didn't think I would get to talk to so many different
    princesses, for such an extended period of time! And the
    lines were even shorter than when you visited them. I only
    had to wait wait one person ahead of me with Giselle and Snow.

And YES! Giselle was one of the most fun characters to
    talk with!!! Gotta love her ever so cheery uplifting positive
    personality! I noticed the butterflies on wedding dress from
    the movie, so I asked her about that and she said :

"Oh, yes! Butterflies are my favorite!"

I mentioned but you like chipmunks, too. Right?"

She responded "Of course, why Pip is my very best friend!"

Who would have thought that I would become
    enchanted by these visits with so many princesses,
    after all I was never a real big princess fab before.
    But, yeah, as you said it, they kinda turned me
    into the "Princess Pimp" hahahahahaha

• Rather Be At Disneyland

I did the Enchanted Experience too (Trip report in here), it was so fun. It looks like you and your crew had a blast as well! Oh, and yay for San Diego Disney fans, i'm one too!

• The Yodelin' Cowgirl

Blog Entries

Pratt: Aww, thank you.
    *curtseys* I humbly accept that title.

Joshrzmeup: I actually got them at the Disney Store (I work at) a few months ago. They were recalled for a reason we were never actually informed of and I actually bought mine the day before they made us pull them.
    To my knowledge no store was suppose to sell them after that and they were suppose to be destroyed.

Aladdin:You summed it up so well!
    The best thing about the Experience was even how well the princesses interacted. Even when there were lines, they took the time to talk to every guest that was willing to talk back to them. Sadly this is missing now, IMHO, at Disneyland with the crazy lines and things like the fantasy faire *shakes fist at it*
    That and I was so happy they were willing to interact w/ the big kids (Face characters, in my experience, tend to shy away or not know how to handle the over 10 set)

DisneyRoyalty: I saw your post, also fabulous!

• love my friends

I loved this trip report.. thanks so much for sharing

Friends for life

• I am number 4 of 999

OMG I wanted to know where your icon picture came from, so I followed your post to this thread, and this was beyond words!! That Giselle is SO amazing!!! I want to see her so badly! We are taking a trip to New York City this week and I can't wait to dance around Central Park! I will be really excited if they have Giselle at the World of Disney NY Store!!! I love Enchanted so much!
    It's actually "Cars Land", not "Carsland".

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

Goin' to Kansas City. Kansas City Here I Come

Awesome Kuzcochik.

Very funny: