• Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

'HSM' star fills 'Will' bill

'Musical' star fills 'Will' bill

By Borys Kit
    The Hollywood Reporter
    Jan 11, 2008

Vanessa Hudgens (Getty Images photo)

"High School Musical" star Vanessa Hudgens has signed on to star in "Will," Walden Media's coming-of-age dramedy being directed by Todd Graff. Elaine Goldsmith-Thomas is producing.

Written by Graff and Josh Cagan, the script centers on a high school outcast and a popular girl who form an unlikely bond through their shared love of music. They assemble a like-minded crew of misfits and form a rock group to perform in a battle of the bands competition at their school.

Hudgens is playing Sam, a 15-year-old former stutterer now speaking slowly and deliberately, who becomes romantically entangled with the lead outcast.

The movie is set to shoot February in Austin.

Graff is an actor-turned-director who made his helming debut with 2003's "Camp."

Hudgens is best known for playing Gabriella Montez in "Musical" movies, the third of which is scheduled to shoot later this year. Her feature credits include "Thunderbirds" and "Thirteen."
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/...47567426fce7d5
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Re: 'HSM' star fills 'Will' bill

Interesting. Thanks for the info.

Looks like this is her first big role away from the HSM series.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Look for a darker Vanessa in next movie

Vanessa Hudgens is busy working on new teen movie Will playing Sa5m (the “five” is silent), a teenage misfit caught up in her high school’s battle of the bands. “My look is definitely more dark than in High School Musical,” Hudgens tells Entertainment Tonight. And look for her to kiss co-star Gaelen Connell, who plays Will: “We do have a kiss scene -– a very funny, awkward kiss scene.”

Hudgens is glad she didn’t go through the usual high school drama. “Honestly, I never went to high school. I was home schooled all my high school years. Part of me wants to wish that I did go to high school. I’m living my high school experiences through the movies I do -- all of them seem to take place in high school. But missing all the drama is not a problem with me.”

As for High School Musical 3, she says she's ready to graduate: "We're all done after the third one. I think they're going to continue the High School Musical franchise, though."
    http://blogs.usatoday.com/entertainm...terstitialskip
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• Minion

Will she be naked again?