• Circle of Ancients

Globes Aren't a Hit With TV Viewers

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5h...jaQTQD8U5OK981

Seems this years Golden Globes were a flop. Will this bring Writers and Producers back to the table?

BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. (AP) The Hollywood writers strike took the glitz, the glamour and roughly two-thirds of the audience from this year's Golden Globe Awards.

NBC's no-frills, one-hour presentation of the winners Sunday night drew a 4.8 rating and 7 share, according to preliminary estimates from the nation's 55 largest metered markets by Nielsen Media Research.

That left NBC fourth in the hour, behind CBS' miniseries "Comanche Moon," ABC's "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" and the Fox comedies "Family Guy" and "American Dad." For the hour, "Comanche Moon" had almost twice the audience as the NBC awards announcement, Nielsen said Monday.

Last year, the Golden Globes ceremony on NBC had a 16.0 rating and 23 audience share, Nielsen said. A ratings point represents 1,128,000 households, or 1 percent of the nation's estimated 112.8 million TV homes. The share is the percentage of in-use televisions tuned to a given show.
    More at the link.

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Re: Globes Aren't a Hit With TV Viewers

I don't think it will. Frankly, I only tune in to the Academy Awards. These awards shows are fine and all, but I think they, the actors/actresses, are just doing their job. Why so much glam? You know?

Why not have yearly televised awards shows for Teachers? For Community Workers, or for the Foster Parent of the Year or something. And if we did something like this, I say GLAM THAT UP. I say lets start having yearly televised awards shows for people that are making a difference!

• Golden State of Mind

i think this could eventually bring people against the writers
    Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

• Who Gave Rob an Avatar?

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
    I don't think it will. Frankly, I only tune in to the Academy Awards. These awards shows are fine and all, but I think they, the actors/actresses, are just doing their job. Why so much glam? You know?

Why not have yearly televised awards shows for Teachers? For Community Workers, or for the Foster Parent of the Year or something. And if we did something like this, I say GLAM THAT UP. I say lets start having yearly televised awards shows for people that are making a difference!
    Award shows have less to do with the awards and more to do with selling the product. I mean they could just mail the awards to the winners and have the same effect on their career. The shows are about selling more tickets to the movies, oh and selling soap as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL View Post
    Jesus, even I wouldn't eat that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wanda Woman View Post
    Turtle, the dorks are going to take upskirt robot pics.

• Minion

ORWEN: Since us Cauldron girls didn't even bother to conjur this show up inside out crystal ball this year, we don't even know if our personal favorite--ENCHANTED--won anything. Do any of you sweet little ducklings happen to know? Surely the music would have at least won an award of some kind.

• Circle of Ancients

Cauldron Girls ... get your crystal ball checked!!!!

There is a thread over in Entertainment that shows the winners.

I hope the writers reach a deal soon. I can live without the Golden Globes (I watch alot of ABC reality TV), but in the long wrong it isn't going to work. There are movies I would like to see. I believe everyone wants the strike to be over.

I want everyone to be happy, so we can go home and watch something new knowing the writer's are fairly paid.
    No sweat, no sweet.- British Proverb