Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Last Harry Potter Film to be Split in 2

Just saw it on the Daily 10 on E! The last film, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, will be split into two parts.

I've heard they wanted to do this before with the previous films. Looks like they are finally going to try it. I guess they want to incorporate everything important into the last story so fans won't complain (or they want to try to milk more money out of this franchise. )

Very interesting.
    Last edited by Mr. Yeti; 01-14-2008 at 04:53 PM.

• Just this guy......

Re: Last Harry Potter Film to be Split in 2

I think that this is just greed on the movie companies part. There is no reason to break the film into two parts, they can just give us a longer film.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

But will they shoot both films simultaneously? That's the important part.
    A signature should go here.

I kind of like it....that way they can include more stuff!

My best score ever!

Quote Originally Posted by ni_teach View Post
    I think that this is just greed on the movie companies part. There is no reason to break the film into two parts, they can just give us a longer film.
    Hey, they've got my money either way. Quite frankly, I'd rather have two movies that COMPLETE the franchise, rather than another Cliff's Notes version, a la Order of the Phoenix.

(which, storyline-wise, did absolutely no justice to all the things that made the book so intriguing and heart-wrenching all at the same time.)

• Wishin' I was at WDW.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Yeti View Post
    Just saw it on the Daily 10 on E! The last film, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, will be split into two parts.

I've heard they wanted to do this before with the previous films. Looks like they are finally going to try it. I guess they want to incorporate everything important into the last story so fans won't complain (or they want to try to milk more money out of this franchise. )

Very interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyDishwasher View Post
    Hey, they've got my money either way. Quite frankly, I'd rather have two movies that COMPLETE the franchise, rather than another Cliff's Notes version, a la Order of the Phoenix.

(which, storyline-wise, did absolutely no justice to all the things that made the book so intriguing and heart-wrenching all at the same time.)
    It's probably a bit of both. I'm all for splitting up the last novel into two films. They'll really be able to delve into the story and character in ways they haven't since the "Prisoner of Azkaban" film.

• Disneyland PAP

If nothing else, it makes it an "event" (read "marketing hook") for Warner Bros., serving every purpose to get more eyes and hopefully even more butts into those two movies. They tried with The Matrix, so they certainly have some experience trying (to date, I haven't seen the third Matrix after the bad reviews it got). That said, I like the two-parter idea as well. And as MonkeyDishwasher said, they'll get my money regardless. I used my Christmas cash and traded in my HP DVDs to get the five-disc DVD trunk (which rocks) and expect to get some seven-disc BR version in about three years.

I donot believe this is a good idea. There is no good place to split the book into two. Then again I did not reread it so I am not the best person to ask.

There are alot, in my opinion, pointless deaths.

I think I will shut up right now. Sleep deprivation is not helping my posts.
    No sweat, no sweet.- British Proverb

• Disneyland PAP

Quote Originally Posted by CrystalJ.Squirrel View Post
    There is no good place to split the book into two. Then again I did not reread it so I am not the best person to ask.
    Coincidentally, I'm on the second to the last disc of re-listening to Deathly Hallows on CD. And I agree, I don't see a convenient place to end part one either. I think the middle of the book lands at Godric's Hallow, and I don't see that beginning, middle or end of scene being a natural break. In fact that whole middle part's was my least favorite, least exciting part of the book. But WB has to greenlight the two-part idea first before we really have to worry.

• Circle of Ancients

I think it's a great idea. As for what point in the book they could split it ... who knows. With all of the other plot-lines left out of the previous movies that they will have to explain during Deathly Hallows you EASILY have 2 full movies.

I do think they should shoot simultaneously and they should be released no more than 3 months apart from each other.

I disliked the last book. I quick goggle search tells you that more people disliked than liked the book. I fear this could be a financial disaster for WB. There are alot of fans that will watch it simply because it is HP, but I am not one of them.

Splitting the book in two is like nailing a coffin.
    No sweat, no sweet.- British Proverb

• MiceChat Moderator
    • It's SisterP Time!

Blog Entries

I still think this is more rumor at this point. What I understand is that the crew was told this was going to happen but WB has not committed to that.

No script as of yet, Steven Kloves is set to write the screenplay and he can't start due to the writer's strike.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

The Godric Hollows stuff was kinda' boring but there were other parts in the middle that had me in tears. I like the idea.

• Infinitized!

So, Harry Potter #7 is getting (B)Hobittized into two parts.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Lost Boy posted this in the other Deathly Hallows thread:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    As a follow up to the previous RUMOR post I made from the Leaky Cauldron, this appeared today:

Report: WB says No Decision Yet Made on "Deathly Hallows," Kloves Back as Screenwriter

January 14, 2008, 12:05 PM
    A follow up today regarding the rumor on a possible two part film of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Empire magazine is reporting WB told them “no decision has been made about Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.” Also, Empire states Steven Kloves will be back as screenwriter for the final Harry Potter movie, as they say he “hasn’t starting writing the script yet, since the WGA strike prevents him from doing so.” One final note: We are still trying to obtain more on the director rumor for “Deathly Hallows”, and we will update with more on this when we can.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast