Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Circle of Ancients

March of the Penguins

Just got back from the movie, I'm really surprised nobody else has mentioned this.

I wasn't expecting a 3/4 full theatre, thinking that most people aren't penguin freaks like I am. But this movie really seems to have taken off.

All I can say about this movie is GO SEE IT ... NOW!!! There are no special effects, no human actors but there is more emotion in this movie than all of the current slate of summer movies combined. It's absolutely amazing what these animals go through every year. You will laugh and cry throughout the entire movie.

Why are you still reading this? Go ... NOW!!!!

• I was deleted.

Re: March of the Penguins

I was wondering about this film actually and got excited to see you post this. I was just watching Who's Line on ABC Family and part of it was, "What Penguins really think" and it made me think of this movie.

• done

We saw the movie a few weeks ago and really liked it. They did a great job and didn't shy away from the "circle of life" aspect of things. Glad we didn't see the French version - hate talking animals. Here's a story about how well the film is doing.

• Senior Minion

Is this movie more like the Disney nature films? Im curious, my wife says it really is fantastic. What do you think?
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Back home :-(

That's one of the movies that I'd like to see this year.

I wonder how many Linux fans are going to go see it?

• MiceChat News Team
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Administrator
    • MiceChat Contributer

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MegarooFifi
    That's one of the movies that I'd like to see this year.

I wonder how many Linux fans are going to go see it?
    Well being a Mac user didn't make me want to see Super Size Me but I still saw that.

Honestly though, you know there are those people out there. Creepy
    "All my life I've had one dream, to achieve my many goals.
    Homer Jay Simpson

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

My cousin and I drove 40 miles one way just to see this movie! We both collect penguins so we had to see it. We also both wore our "penguin" shirts to go see it. It was so fun! When I was in the rest room after the movie some older ladys were talking about it. One of them asked me if I has seen it and I pointed out my penguin shirt and told her my cousin and I had just seen it too! When we all came out of the rest room and met up with her husband we stood there and talked about the movie for a few minutes. Later my cousin and I went shopping and as we were walking to one of the stores another lady saw my shirt and asked if we had seen the penguin movie!! My cousin and I looked at each other and laughed and told them we had just seen it and it was great!!! It was so fun having conversations about the movie with total strangers just because we had our penguin shirts on.

And the movie was awesome, and not just because I like penguins. The photography was amazing! There were some shots they were so close you could count the feathers on the birds. It was incredible what they go through just to raise their young, having to endure months without food, 80 below cold, blowing snow...very true to life and didn't hid anything, like the fact that not all of the penguins survive. When it comes out on DVD you can bet we will be buying that one!!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• UH..LIKE DUH..

I liked it alot. I can understand why Sea World isnt advertising the penguin exhibits they have. they are soooo dumb.

I love penguins! Hubby and I want to see this movie but maybe not in a theater. He'll probably buy it on DVD.

• UnExiled Minion

I see the "Penguins are sooo cute!" ads, but then I've heard that it's a little more graphic than that. Little ones die (I hope this isn't a spolier). Adultss die to save their young, etc.
    Part of that "The Ocean" series was about penguins. Showed the same thing, it seems.

DVD for me.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Minion

i have been waiting a long time for this movie to come out. it's hard for me to get out to the theater to see it though, my 16 month old hates to go out, and is afraid of theaters. i'm also not sure if she is ready for this type of movie and would hate to make other patrons have a diminished time. i may have to wait for video, but i sure want to see this on the big screen!
    please be afraid.

• Minion

just saw the movie this weekend and was pleasantly surprised...Honestly this movie is way better than half the movies out their right now...If you haven't seen it yet, I would highly recommend

• /sigh

This was such a wonderful and touching film! It’s so amazing to see many human traits in these little creatures. And to what lengths they go to for family. Very well done, and Morgan Freeman narrating was perfect for this US version. I really fell in love with this film...and must say that it's one of the best so far this year! It may be simply a documentary about penguins, but it most certainly is a "story about love".
    Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
    Homer: But Marge, this one came with a corn-cob pipe!
    Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"
    Homer: So, which is it? Blue or purple?
    Marge: Pink.
    Homer: D'oh!
    Marge: "If ye test should fail, to a doctor set sail!"

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Is HOME.

Should a 3 year old see it??

My son has seen the previews for it and really wants me to take him. Can anyone give me their opinion on if this would be a good movie for such a young age? Would the "circle of life" aspect be too much?

Thoughts would be appreciated!
    “In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.” -Michael Jackson

• /sigh

It should be ok for him. There were a couple of 'sad' parts where the 'circle of life' comes into play. I did here one small child in the theatre continually asking her mom "what's happening?" through out the film, even at the silly parts. But I think that kid was simply just an obnoxious kid .

Tink, does your son do ok with nature films? If so, he should be fine with this film.
    Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
    Homer: But Marge, this one came with a corn-cob pipe!
    Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"
    Homer: So, which is it? Blue or purple?
    Marge: Pink.
    Homer: D'oh!
    Marge: "If ye test should fail, to a doctor set sail!"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast