Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Banned User

Hannah Montana 3D Movie

I just recently bought my tickets to the Hannah Montana/Miley Cyrus Best of Both Worlds 3D concert and thought I'd let you all know since tickets will probably go fast and it's only in theaters for a week! I didn't get a chance to go to the concert when she was on tour, but I think her concert in 3D should be even better.

More info straight from the source:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsU0atvtNN0

• Hooked on Disney

Re: Hannah Montana 3D Movie

I was going to take my three daughters since I could not get tickets to the 2 concerts here in Salt Lake . . . but $15 to sit and watch a concert on a movie screen. I am not sure?!?

• Banned User

Yea, but it's 3D, which is much more fun than just sitting and watching a movie screen. In my opinion, it will be better than going to the concert - it will be like everyone has front row seats!

• Sunshine is the best!!!

Blog Entries

I bought my daughter and I tickets for Feb.7th at the El Capitan and they are VIP. She is SO excited. I am going to make a girls day of it and after the movie we may go to the Disney Soda Shoppe for a snack.
    *When a friend is in trouble, don't annoy him by asking if there is anything you can do. Think up something appropriate and do it.

• Senior Minion

It will be on dvd/cd in April. The 15th I believe.
    Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

• Banned User

Belle - That sounds like so much fun! Making a girls' day out of it sounds just perfect.

Joshrzmeup - It won't be in 3D when it's on DVD though - I'd rather see it that way!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Hmm, I will have to make a girls day of this with Christina. Thanks for the info!

• Banned User

You're welcome! The HM ticket site also has a really cool widget that you can download onto any of your personal sites...I put it on my facebook page. Can you tell I'm obsessed?
    Last edited by clairebear; 01-28-2008 at 02:40 PM. Reason: clarification

• враг народа

Blog Entries

The Nightmare Before Christmas was supposed to have a three week release. It was in the theater by me for something like 2 1/2 months. I definitely see this film going on for more than the "planned" one week.

• Banned User

That would be awesome, but I'm not taking my chances...if I didn't buy the tickets banking on that fact and it turned out to be for real a one-week engagement, I'd be devastated!

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Hannah Montana and Miley Cyrus
    give the 'Best of Both Worlds' E

By Eric Charbonneau, Disney Enterprises
    Add a blond wig: Miley Cyrus turns into Hannah Montana.

By Brian Mansfield
    Special for USA TODAY
    Janaury 30, 2008

Parents who missed out on the past year's toughest concert ticket get a second shot at the Miley Cyrus experience with Disney's Hannah Montana & Miley Cyrus: Best of Both Worlds Concert. But they might want to buy their tickets before heading to the movie theater.

Hundreds of weekend screenings — most of them evening shows and Friday after-school matinees — already have sold out. The 3-D concert film, which runs for one week, opens on about 700 screens Friday, the day after Cyrus wraps her North American tour in Miami.

"This event seems to be tailored for advance ticket sales on an online service," says Rick Butler, chief operating officer of Fandango, the nation's largest movie ticketing service.

Butler says the movie made January the most heavily trafficked month in the service's seven-year history, eclipsing last July, when Transformers and Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix opened.

Even with its limited run, Butler predicts Hannah Montana will be February's highest-grossing movie. Last weekend, advance orders for the film outsold Meet the Spartans, the weekend's top movie with a gross of $18.5 million. This week, it accounts for more than 90% of Fandango's sales.

Susie Peterson of Bothell, Wash., bought tickets for herself and Haley, her 10-year-old daughter, last month.

"We didn't attend the concert because we couldn't get tickets," Peterson says. "We were thrilled when we heard this movie was coming out."

Cyrus says the 74-minute film will give fans such as Haley the next best thing to the experience of her sold-out tour, which grossed $36 million in 2007.

"We wanted to make it as real, like you were really there, as possible," says the 15-year-old singer, who told Entertainment Tonight she's changed her legal name from Destiny Hope Cyrus to Miley Ray Cyrus. "Not only do the kids get to see what 20,000 kids a night got to watch, but they also get to see behind the scenes."

As screenings have sold out, many theater owners have added shows.

Plenty of tickets remain available, Butler says, but "there are going to be those exceptions in the metropolitan areas with the highest concentration of population at 7:30 on Friday night."
    http://www.usatoday.com/life/music/n...rus-main_N.htm

'Hannah' concert tour hitting theatres in 3-D - 10/17/07
    http://www.micechat.com/forums/showt...+montana+movie
    Last edited by ALIASd; 01-29-2008 at 08:56 PM.
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• Banned User

Thanks for the news, AliasD! I guess people who haven't bought their tickets yet need to get on the ball!

On a side note, I like the name Miley Ray Cyrus much better than Destiny Hope...good choice Miley!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    The Nightmare Before Christmas was supposed to have a three week release. It was in the theater by me for something like 2 1/2 months. I definitely see this film going on for more than the "planned" one week.
    You were right lazyboy970! It will be in theaters longer than a week now...I'm sure that will make a lot of her fans much happier

• Minion

I went with Friends and their daughter who is a big fan. She had a wonderful time and the 3D was a lot of fun. Enjoy.

• Sunshine is the best!!!

Blog Entries

We go tomorrow. I am looking forward to seeing it and so is our daughter.
    *When a friend is in trouble, don't annoy him by asking if there is anything you can do. Think up something appropriate and do it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast