Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Minion

We Met Roger Rabbit!

ORWEN: Oh, ducklings, I sure wish you all could have been with us Cauldron girls on Saturday, January 26th, 2008!!! That's when we flew all the way from Morva to meet up with the sweet man who gave away his voice to Roger Rabbit!! We met him at the FX Convention in Orlando, FL!!

ORGOCH: 'Course it seemed ta me he managed ta steal his voice BACK from the whacky rabbit 'cause he sure was able ta talk whilst we was with him.

ORDDU: Each year the FX Convention is held in Orlando, FL for the purpose of having a mostly Science Fiction show and sale. But there is always some Disney memorabilia on display as well, along with many celebrities from various fantasy type movies and TV programs. It's a wonderful thing to attend because a witch never knows what--or WHOM--she might be able to pick up!

ORWEN: Anyway, as soon as we saw Charles Fleischer sitting at a table, we rushed over to meet him and get his autograph--

ORGOCH: --but not 'til after he'd been revived by all them paramedics. Seems the sight a us 3 kinda made him go inta shock. But it weren't long 'til he got better an' was able ta talk.

ORWEN: We asked him if there was any chance that our favorite fluffy bunny might make a 'come back', now that no-good Mr. Eisner's out of the way.

ORDDU: Charles said he wasn't sure but that there was always hope. He would certainly still LIKE to lend his voice to Roger again.

ORWEN: We just enjoyed meeting him so much and told him he's been the subject of various Disney related web-footed sites. He was happy to hear that he still has fans out there who remember him and his work.

ORDDU: In the meantime, let's all hope that Roger Rabbit DOES make a come back.

ORGOCH: Got Trix? (oh, sorry, wrong rabbit.)

Re: We Met Roger Rabbit!

Thanks for the news, girls. Let hope that he come back.
    Goodbye, Me Bizarro is not Monkey Joe. Me Bizarro hates Disney parks so much. Hello

How fun!!

I met Mr. Fleisher many years ago, before he was the voice of Roger Rabbit, he was doing a lot of TV guest shots at the time.

• Directly directed

How exciting!! Don't suppose you got any pictures of the event?

Quote Originally Posted by sailerm View Post
    How fun!!

I met Mr. Fleisher many years ago, before he was the voice of Roger Rabbit, he was doing a lot of TV guest shots at the time.
    Wasn't he, Max on some 80's show? I forgot the name but he was like a butler for a couple of mystery solvers.
    Goodbye, Me Bizarro is not Monkey Joe. Me Bizarro hates Disney parks so much. Hello

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Great story Witches. Charles Fleischer also voiced other characters in the movie including Benny the Cab. And has other Disney connections as he worked on the animated tv series House of Mouse and Buzz Lightyear of Star Command.

Quote Originally Posted by Malin View Post
    Great story Witches. Charles Fleischer also voiced other characters in the movie including Benny the Cab. And has other Disney connections as he worked on the animated tv series House of Mouse and Buzz Lightyear of Star Command.
    He is also a grandchild of Max Fleischer of "Fleischer Studios"-Betty Boop and Popeye.

• Shablagoo!

Here's a link to his entry on imdb. He has been in a lot of shows.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0281486/

• Minion

ORWEN: I'm sorry, Alice's Wonderland, duckling. Unfortunately we have no pictures from the event. Since camera's haven't been invented in Morva, yet, well...you know...

ORDDU: We still COULD have had ourselves photographed with Charles, though, had we taken the time and trouble to do so. There were professional photographers all over the place, taking people's pictures with the various celebrities on hand.

ORGOCH: 'Course we didn't wanna take the risk a breakin' some professional guy's cam'ra and then end up bein' sued fer it. Best ta leave 'em be when ya got two looney sisters like mine with ya. Heck! The wide angle lense ain't been invented that can fit Orwen's butt inta no picture!!

(Sounds of clashings and trashings followed by a deadly calm...)

Off hand without looking him up in IMDB the only other thing I know him from is the Back To The Future movies, he was in Biff's gang of friends.

Cool that you got to meet him. I'd like to see the Roger character brought out of obscurity.

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Magic View Post

Cool that you got to meet him. I'd like to see the Roger character brought out of obscurity.
    He still wonders the park in Tokyo I spotted him last year

That's almost like a Bigfoot type sighting. "I'm sorry ranger, it all happened so fast, it was just this big red white and blue blur. I seem to recall it saying 'p-p-p-p-p-please!!!' "

Nice to see that at least he's making the rounds somewhere.

Can I make a dream request from the dream squad? lol I want to see Roger please. Speaking of which, I wonder if they could take him out of storage at the MK and use him for one day and see if people notice. I doublt Amblin would find out. lol.

• Minion

ORWEN: Didn't Amblin go out of business, anyway? I mean, why should Stephen Spielberg care if Roger's not-so-secret admirers get a chance to pet their favorite fluffy bunny again?

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I wanted to go to that show because some folks form Buffy/Angel were there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast