Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• MiceChat Partner

Bob Iger Inks New Deal

LOS ANGELES - The Walt Disney Co. said on Friday it has signed Chief Executive Robert Iger to a new five-year contract that will pay him an annual salary of $2 million plus bonuses and stock awards that could be worth millions more. Under terms of the deal, Iger could receive an annual incentive bonus of $10 million or more, along with an annual equity award valued at $9 million or more, if Disney meets certain performance goals, according to a document filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission. The deal also calls for the executive to receive a stock option grant for the purchase of 3 million shares of Disney common stock at the exercised price of $29.50 a share. In addition, the compensation package includes perks and benefits in line with what Disney gives other senior executives, according to the filing. The executive’s previous contract was set to expire Sept. 30, 2010. His new contract runs through Jan. 31, 2013.

In a statement, the Burbank, Calif.-based company’s board of directors praised Iger’s job performance, noting the executive has presided over record revenues, net income and earnings per share since being named CEO on Sept. 30, 2005. “Bob is a talented and visionary leader, under whom Disney has posted increases in growth and profitability that have consistently exceeded expectations,” said John E. Pepper Jr., Disney’s chairman.

Disney, which operates film studios, theme parks, TV cable channels and other businesses, ended fiscal 2007 on an upswing, posting annual profit of $4.69 billion, or $2.25 per share, compared with $3.37 billion, or $1.64 per share, in fiscal 2006. Its revenue rose to $35.51 billion from $33.75 billion in the same period. Iger, who also holds the title of president, received a compensation package in fiscal 2007 valued by the company at $27.7 million, according to an analysis of documents by The Associated Press. Iger received a salary of $2 million, non-equity incentive plan compensation of $13.7 million, other compensation of $745,177, and profits from stock and option awards that had an estimated value of about $11.2 million when granted. Disney shares rose 82 cents, or 2.7 percent, to $30.66 on Friday. The stock has ranged between $26.30 and $36.79 over the past 52 weeks.
    News provided by Micechat partner site www.wdwnewstoday.com, "Bridging the Gaps Between You and the World".
    Webmaster of WDW News Today
    Host of the WDW News Today Podcast
    Visit us at

• Goofy

Re: Bob Iger Inks New Deal

wow congratulations to him.

• Banned User

hmmm hope this doesn't backfire

• Golden State of Mind

where have i heard this before? . . . .
    Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

Quote Originally Posted by Master Gracie View Post
    where have i heard this before? . . . .

Michael Eisner + Bob Iger = Bob Eisner

Blog Entries

You know I'd happily do Bob's job for somewhere around 200k a year. Heck, I'd do it for less than that if the company would give me a house and a car, and maybe around 30k a year.

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kcnole View Post
    You know I'd happily do Bob's job for somewhere around 200k a year. Heck, I'd do it for less than that if the company would give me a house and a car, and maybe around 30k a year.
    Shoot! I'd do it for 200K! That's be like over 16K per month. I THINK I could manage with that

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

That's a pretty sweet deal for Bob. But so far, looks like he's doing all the right things to deserve it.

The thing about top level executives at big corporations is that you have to keep them happy to prevent them from jumping ship. After saving Disney in record time from the ravages of Eisner, it wouldn't be hard for Bob to jump to another company to up his pay. This contract should keep him fat and happy for another 5 years.

Congrats to Bob and thank you for the amazing work you've done thus far.

-Dusty
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Banned User

Angry Re: Bob Iger Inks New Deal

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post
    The thing about top level executives at big corporations is that you have to keep them happy to prevent them from jumping ship.
    where's my pay raise? what about the worker bees, the real backbone of the company?

• Iron-Clad Allie

Franklin D. Roosevelt inked a New Deal once. Overall, it worked out pretty well. Hope this compinsation/incentive package keeps you motivated to keep up the great job that you're doing, Bob.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by mohavewolfpup View Post
    where's my pay raise? what about the worker bees, the real backbone of the company?
    Perhaps you should send Iger a dvd copy of Bee Movie. That will either prompt him to give you a raise, or irk him because it's not a Disney film.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Of course, you are 100% right. But most companies look at their workers as replaceable and their upper managers as critical. Sad but true.

Disneyland won't pay the workers a living wage (and we'll hear more about that with the hotel union negotiations) but it isn't a problem to give Mr. Iger 2 mill. And there is no doubt that they needed to do this to keep Mr. Iger on the team. But you'd be hard pressed to find an executive who is lobbying to increase the wages of the rank and file.

Welcome to corporate America.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• The one, the only...

I find it interesting that the new deal is inked BEFORE this next year. With a potential recession lurking around the corner, all those nice things about his increasing Disney revenue are likely to disappear this next year. We will see what Iger cuts to keep the numbers looking good on the balance sheet. Eisner thought that eliminating the Animation department was the way to keep Disney afloat. Let's see what Iger cuts. I predict that it sure won't be top executive salaries. But it will be some of the expansion planned for DCA.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• Animatronic

That's not that much. He'll need to start saving now if he's going to get anything close to an E-Ticket in his backyard.

• A Weather Eye Open

Quote Originally Posted by kcnole View Post

Amen, my brothers. AMEN!
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast