Thumbs up Aristocats Special Edition 1 Disk

The nice UPS man dropped off my copy this morning. Looks and sounds amazing. Nice long trailer for the blu-ray of Sleeping Beauty. Yes Cruella is smoking in 101 Dalmatians trailer. Thank goodness sanity prevailed in the on screen smoking ban.

Sorry title is typo it's a 1 disk, my bad
    Last edited by Konrad63; 02-05-2008 at 03:11 PM. Reason: Title error
    Redbone Coonhound as seen in "Where The Red Fern Grows" & "Song of the South".

• Infinitized!

Re: Aristocats Special Edition 1 Disk

I picked mine up at Wal-Mart and it comes with a bonus PC game wrapped up with it: Jump Start World Pet Playground: Adopt, Care For, and Play with Virtual Pets. I was kind of hoping for 50 bonus Movie Rewards points instead.

• Banned User

You know, I still have yet to see this movie, but I heard it was so good.

Even though I watched Pinnochio incessantly as a kid, I think Arisotcats may be my all time favorite, it's at least in my top 10 favorite Disney cartoons. I never even really watched it until I was a teen or something. It's so sentimental to me, Roquefort the mouse, Thomas O'mally the alley cat, it's weird, the first pin I wanted was a Roquefort pin.... but having had the nic-name Piglet (from an ex) for a while I decided to not get out of hand and only collect Pooh and Piglet. I had to stay true to Pooh. Now... if I was to start collecting (any and all pins) it would be so much fun and I would start with the mouse from Aristocats

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I need to pick this up. It's one of my all-time faves.

"Everybody wants to be a cat... hallelujah!"

• Goofy

not really into aristo cats but its an ok movie.

• Minion

I didn't relaize it wasn't a 2 disc set till I got out to my car and paid more attention to the cover. It's pretty disapointing that it is only a one disc, but it still looks like it will have some good stuff on it. BTW, I love the songs in this movie, but I have heard the Sherman Brothers retrospective is only 4 minutes long, the Sherman Brothers deserve at least a 45 minute retrospective dedicated to their whole career.

• Infinitized!

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHost2 View Post
    I didn't relaize it wasn't a 2 disc set till I got out to my car and paid more attention to the cover. It's pretty disapointing that it is only a one disc, but it still looks like it will have some good stuff on it. BTW, I love the songs in this movie, but I have heard the Sherman Brothers retrospective is only 4 minutes long, the Sherman Brothers deserve at least a 45 minute retrospective dedicated to their whole career.
    When it was supposed to originally come out last year it was supposed to be a 2-disc. All of Disney's animated classics shoud be released as 2-disc sets even if they don't get the Platinum Edition treatment. Movies that deserve better editions that are still currently in the Gold Collection series are:
    Make Mine Music
    Fun and Fancy Free
    Melody Time
    The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr Toad
    The Black Cauldron
    The Rescuers Down Under
    Hercules
    Even though it's not a Gold Collection, Hunchback of Notre Dame deserves a much better release.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Barbossa View Post
    When it was supposed to originally come out last year it was supposed to be a 2-disc. All of Disney's animated classics shoud be released as 2-disc sets even if they don't get the Platinum Edition treatment. Movies that deserve better editions that are still currently in the Gold Collection series are:
    Make Mine Music
    Fun and Fancy Free
    Melody Time
    The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr Toad
    The Black Cauldron
    The Rescuers Down Under
    Hercules
    Even though it's not a Gold Collection, Hunchback of Notre Dame deserves a much better release.

I agree, ecspecially about "The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad." I love that movie, and it is the inspiration for one of my favorite rides. I would love an hour long documentary just about Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.