• Minion

Thumbs up The Case for Disney

The Case for Disney

Disney's prospects and its stock are clouded by unresolved issues and uncertainty. James B. Stewart, SmartMoney.com

http://www.smartmoney.com/commonsens...story=20050215

• All you need is LOVE

Quote Originally Posted by merlinjones
    The Case for Disney

Disney's prospects and its stock are clouded by unresolved issues and uncertainty. James B. Stewart, SmartMoney.com

http://www.smartmoney.com/commonsens...story=20050215

Thanks

• e komo mai

Disney needs a leader who can reignite the creative spirit at the heart of the company, respect and encourage the often difficult personalities who create hit entertainment products, unite the warring factions of the company, and placate institutional investors and business partners.
    That's right on the money.

• Santa Barbara, CA

Good article. Everyone should read it. But he does have an agenda.

I do believe that in context with other entertainment giants and the Hollywood culture in general, Disney is not much different in facing "uncertainty". Uncertainty is what Hollywood faces every quarter. Look at the reversal of fortune of AOL/TimeWarner. MGM gets sold again. Paramount gets Brad Grey from the outside..Ohhh spooky. Studios get bought, sold, fire and hire at an alarming rate of turnover. Hollywood is basically organized crime with popcorn.

It's ironic when you think the stability of Eisner having longest tenure would be a positive overall, but his batting slump and courtroom payouts have turned into mutiny. Be careful what we wish for. The company is doing well now, the parks are getting paint. So is the answer to get some mogul with no idea of what Disney is to come in and shut Matt down to show record profit the first quarter? Saban would do just that. Those guys have no taste or don't get Disney. I think Eisner may be the lesser of two Presslers.

IMHO..I bet WDI would vote to keep him.
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

Quote Originally Posted by Cousin Orville
    Good article. Everyone should read it. But he does have an agenda.

I do believe that in context with other entertainment giants and the Hollywood culture in general, Disney is not much different in facing "uncertainty". Uncertainty is what Hollywood faces every quarter. Look at the reversal of fortune of AOL/TimeWarner. MGM gets sold again. Paramount gets Brad Grey from the outside..Ohhh spooky. Studios get bought, sold, fire and hire at an alarming rate of turnover. Hollywood is basically organized crime with popcorn.

It's ironic when you think the stability of Eisner having longest tenure would be a positive overall, but his batting slump and courtroom payouts have turned into mutiny. Be careful what we wish for. The company is doing well now, the parks are getting paint. So is the answer to get some mogul with no idea of what Disney is to come in and shut Matt down to show record profit the first quarter? Saban would do just that. Those guys have no taste or don't get Disney. I think Eisner may be the lesser of two Presslers.

IMHO..I bet WDI would vote to keep him.
    With all due respect, I'm going to have to disagree wtih you on that. I am reading Disney War, and I don't think Mr. Stewart has an agenda. This is a very credible author that has done his research and has come up with a very interesting book. It's not hogwash, garbage, trashing Eisner, etc. Is there any speculation? Some, because you have other parties that are giving conflicting stories. Is it time for Eisner to go? In my opinion, yes. Is James Stuart right with what he has described as what Disney needs for new leadership? In my opinion, yes. Do I think the imagineers would vote to keep Mr. Eisner? Not in this lifetime. Has Mr. Eisner done some good things? Yes. But if you read Disney War, the best was when you had Eisner, Wells, and Katzenberg.

Just my two cents.
    Don't want to argue or debate about it.
    Last edited by wem1985; 03-09-2005 at 02:04 PM.