from The Hollywood Reporter Aug. 03, 2005
'Blowback' at T'stone with Reynolds, Rock By Borys Kit

Touchstone Pictures has pre-emptively picked up "Blowback," a buddy action comedy with Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson and Ryan Reynolds attached to star.

Sheldon Turner will write the script, which will be produced by Tapestry Films' Andrew Panay, Peter Abrams and Robert Levy, who are coming off the success of "Wedding Crashers."

Dark Trick Films, run by Jonathon Komack Martin and Reynolds, also will produce the film, and Reynolds will act as an executive producer.

Details on "Blowback" are being kept under wraps, but the high-concept project is being described as a modern-day "Lethal Weapon." The two main characters are San Francisco cops.

Turner said he, Panay, Reynolds and others had been rendezvousing Sundays in Santa Monica, meeting for months to develop the story. On Sunday, the group met at the Ivy at the Shore restaurant to prep pitching the project when they ended up having lunch with Walt Disney Co. exec Kristin Burr. Burr craftily heard the pitch and sought out Buena Vista Motion Pictures Group topper Nina Jacobson for a pre-emptive strike.

"Now I feel have to take all my meetings at the Ivy," Turner said. "It's much better to meet at a place like that than a studio."

Burr will oversee the project for Disney.

The teaming of Tapestry and Dark Trick on "Blowback" is a reunion for the companies as Reynolds starred in Tapestry's 2001 comedy "Van Wilder."

Turner, repped by CAA and Benderspink, wrote the Adam Sandler hit "The Longest Yard" as well as the "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" prequel. He is adapting "Wanted," with Jennifer Aniston and Meryl Streep attached to star.

Johnson next appears in Universal's action thriller "Doom" and is shooting "Gridiron Gang" for Sony. He is repped by UTA and attorney Harold Brown.

Reynolds most recently starred in "The Amityville Horror" and will star in the upcoming comedy "Just Friends" for New Line. He is repped by UTA and attorney David Weber.

from Me: LOVE RYAN REYNOLDS (and Alanis @ Starbucks....)