It appears that Disney is allowing high schools and jr high schools to perform High School Musical, providing you are granted a license to do so. The license application requires that you first must either submit an application to MTI (Musical Theater International), or a letter / fax can be submitted with the following information:

Name and Address of Producing Organization
Phone and Fax numbers
Name of Show
Dates of Desired Performance(s)
Number of Performances
Name of Theatre/Auditorium
Seating Capacity of Theatre/Auditorium
Ticket Prices (be specific, include all discounts)

For more information on how your or your kids school can apply for this, please go to