Thread: 'Terminator 4'

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

'Terminator 4'

February 13, 2008

Worthington Joins New 'Terminator' Film

(FROM VARIETY) Australian actor Sam Worthington will star in Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins. The actor, who plays the lead in Avatar for James Cameron (who helmed the first two Terminator movies), was recommended by Cameron to new Terminator director McG. The plot is being kept under wraps, but Worthington is said to play Marcus, a key character in the three-picture arc that begins after Skynet has destroyed much of humanity in a nuclear holocaust. A group of survivors led by John Connor (Christian Bale) struggles to keep the machines from killing off the surviving humans. In Avatar, Worthington plays a paraplegic war veteran from Earth who's brought to another planet inhabited by a race of humanoids at odds with Earth peoples.
    http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20177822,00.html

Terminator 4 arrives in 2009
    http://micechat.com/forums/showthrea...the+terminator
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Re: 'Terminator 4'

It'll be interesting how they will try to fit the new movie with the new stories being created by the television show.

• Circle of Ancients

^ Well considering the TV series takes place between Terminator 2 and 3, I don't think it will have much impact.

I'm all for a Terminator 4, especially if Bale is involved. I'm still not sure why McG keeps getting movies to direct though. Did ANYBODY see Charlies Angels 2 and how bad it was?

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

I hope thiers allot of acrtion and maybe a story this time like in T2.

• Infinitized!

It's not just a Terminator 4. It's Terminator 4, 5, and 6: they're doing a trilogy.

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    ^ Well considering the TV series takes place between Terminator 2 and 3, I don't think it will have much impact.
    Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles takes some liberty with the Terminator storyline, and in a way, pretends Terminator 3 never happened (at least, at it's current rate). They have also time traveled to present day, so unless they plan to go back at the end, it kind of conficts with the movies.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Barbossa View Post
    It's not just a Terminator 4. It's Terminator 4, 5, and 6: they're doing a trilogy.
    WHY? Its so stupid, unless you have some REALLY great idea's we dont need more trilogy's.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

the location of my profile picture is Knott's in 1972, i'm about 10 months old.

I'm all for a Terminator 4, especially if Bale is involved. I'm still not sure why McG keeps getting movies to direct though. Did ANYBODY see Charlies Angels 2 and how bad it was?

But CA2 had Crispin Glover in it! that automatically makes up for some of the rest of the horridness
    Will there be screams when the sun sets,
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermonkey
    elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
    Quote Originally Posted by pratt55
    Elly is adorkable.

• Lonestar Louisianian

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Yeti View Post
    Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles takes some liberty with the Terminator storyline, and in a way, pretends Terminator 3 never happened (at least, at it's current rate). They have also time traveled to present day, so unless they plan to go back at the end, it kind of conficts with the movies.
    True, but as stated in the OP, the premise of the new trilogy of movies takes place AFTER Skynet takes over and tries to exterminate all humans.

I actually think it's a great plot setting and have always wondered why they (being Holywood) never explored that aspect of the Terminator universe before instead of re-hashing the same story over-n-over again in the 2nd and 3rd movies.

My main concern would also be with McG directing. Yeah Charlie's Angels 2 was not so good but that can't be totally blamed on him. Writers helped.

Quote Originally Posted by NatdRat View Post
    True, but as stated in the OP, the premise of the new trilogy of movies takes place AFTER Skynet takes over and tries to exterminate all humans.
    Yes, I realize that, but the show still conflicts with that. First, there is the time period of where the show currently is and when the third move took place is off. And all of what they are doing in the show conflicts with how the third movie ended.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

He's actually really fun to work with. Just not height minded. I was an extra in a Sugar Ray music video (Answer the Phone), that he directed and it was fine and good until I nearly got hit in the head by the crane camera. But on the set he was super nice to the extras. He may not be able to direct, but he's nice.