• my favorite sociopath

walt disney theasures

It looks like disney are still doing the Theasure sets. Does any know it they will do one for all the educational cartoons they did like Donald in Mathland, etc.? I have never seen the actual cartoon, just the film strips and would love to buy one.
    Last edited by Dustysage; 02-21-2008 at 05:14 PM. Reason: request to move thread removed. Thread moved to correct forum.

• Infinitized!

Walt Disney Treasures Wave 8: What's Coming!

This is the lineup for this year's Walt Disney Treasures DVD sets:
    Destino
    Dr. Syn Alias The Scarecrow
    Chronological Donald Volume 4

Here's the article about it:
    http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/s...l,285180.shtml

Three New Volumes from the Disney Vault Featuring Never-Before-Seen Material Debut on DVD: Walt Disney Treasures WAVE VIII

Posted : Wed, 20 Feb 2008 12:01:36 GMTAuthor : CA-WALT-DISNEY-HOME-ENT

BURBANK, Calif. - (Business Wire) Walt Disney Home Entertainment is proud to release some of the most extraordinary treasures from the Disney vault on DVD November 11, 2008 in a limited supply. All three new two-disc sets of “Destino,” Dr Syn, Alias the Scarecrow” and Chronological Donald, Volume 4” will make up the eighth installment ofthe popular series Walt Disney Treasures, which features rarely seen footage presented with updated color and sound.

Destino” began in 1946 as a collaboration between Walt Disney and the famed surrealist painter Salvador Dali. A first-hand example of Disney’s interest in avant garde and experimental work in animation, Destino” was to be awash with Dali’s iconic melting clocks, marching ants and floating eyeballs. However, Destino” was not completed at that time. In 2003 it was rediscovered by Walt’s nephew, Roy E. Disney, who took on the challenge of bringing the creation of these two great artists to fruition. In addition to the completed “Destino,” this exciting addition to the Walt Disney Treasures line also includes an all-new feature-length documentary that examines the surprising partnership between Dali and Disney plus two new featurettes; “The Disney That Almost Was,” an examination of the studio’s unfinished projects; and “Encounters with Walt,” which addresses the surprisingly diverse group of celebrities and artists who were attracted to Walt Disney’s early work.
    Dr Syn, Alias the Scarecrow,” whichfirst airedas three separate episodes on Disney’s weekly TV show under the title “The Scarecrow of Romney Marsh,” was edited for theatrical releases in England and the U.S. This DVD set includes all three of the original TV episodes plus the theatrical version of the film that was released in England.
    Disney fans will delight in Chronological Donald, Volume 4,” which includes 31 classic shorts starring Donald Duck. Each of these meticulously animated adventures was created between 1951 and 1961 and has rarely been seen. All of Donald’s CinemaScope shorts will be presented in their original widescreen aspect ratio for the first time on video.
    All three sets are hosted by noted film historian, author and critic Leonard Maltin. Each limited edition, individually numbered volume includes an authenticity certificate, exclusive lithograph and comes in a unique, collectible tin.
    Information subject to change.
    Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment, a recognized leader in the home entertainment industry, is the marketing, sales and distribution company for Walt Disney, Touchstone, Hollywood Pictures, Miramax and Buena Vista product, which includes DVD, Blu-ray Disc™ and electronic distribution. Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment is a division of The Walt Disney Studios.
    These press materials are available in electronic form at www.BVHEpublicity.com.
    ©Buena Vista Home Entertainment, Inc.
    Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment
    National Contact:
    Darrell Borquez, 818-295-5224
    [email protected]
    or
    Regional Contact:
    Michelle Alexander, 818-295-5246
    Michelle.Alexander@Disney.c[email protected]
    (Or your local field agency)

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Re: walt disney theasures

Theasure?

You mean Treasures?

• my favorite sociopath

I was probably thinking "thesaurus" which latin for treasure.

• Minion

I have Donald Duck In Mathmagic Land on DVD, but it isn't one of the treasures, it's just by itself.

• Still lost in Neverland

Re: Walt Disney Treasures Wave 8: What's Coming!

I will be getting "Destino" for sure. The others don't hold any interest to me though. Donald is a great character but I just don't care for his cartoon like I do with Mickey or Goofy. And that scarecrow thing I couldn't even watch when it first came out on the Disney TV Show.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• Infinitized!

I'll be getting all three. I liked Scarecrow when I was a kid, I even went as Scarecrow for Halloween once. I got Donald volume 1 and 3, I'm still trying to track down volume 2, so I'll definitely get volume 4. Destino sounds interesting from what I've read about it on the internet and the few screen shots that I've seen. What interests me about it is that it was to be apart of Fantasia 3 which got cancelled, but who knows, maybe Disney will make Fantasia 3 sometime in the future.

I was late in the game collecting the treasures and only started getting them last year. I was able to get 10 of them (including wave 7). Hopefully I can eventually track down the others via ebay or Amazon Marketplace for a reasonable price.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Forum Sommelier

Quote Originally Posted by Barbossa View Post

I was late in the game collecting the treasures and only started getting them last year. I was able to get 10 of them (including wave 7). Hopefully I can eventually track down the others via ebay or Amazon Marketplace for a reasonable price.
    The Disney Movie Club has 13 or 14 of the Treasures titles. Including Donald 2. IIRC, they're 29.95 ea.
    Mike

• Delawarean Girl

I think “Chronological Donald, Volume 4,” is the only one that interested me, this time.

• Banned User

Hmm. I'm glad to see Destino getting a release, although I'm disappointed, in a sense, that it's coming as one of the WDTs. I was actually expecting it to get released separately. Glad to see Dr. Syn and more Donald coming, though.

I'd really like to know what Disney's plans for some of their other classic materials are, though. The Walt Disney educational films were immensely important parts of my upbringing (to this day I have Jiminy Cricket to thank for teaching me the right way to spell "encyclopedia"*). I was so happy to see the True Life Adventures finally getting released, but I would love to see more of the educational films, including the "I'm No Fool" series (see below) and the "People and Places" documentaries. Disney's lesser known titles deserve release, in addition to the voluminous amounts of TV productions (like, season sets of the original Mickey Mouse Club, the 70s MMC, and most of the anthology series).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=<obje...mbed></object> *http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=<obje...mbed></object>

• Delawarean Girl

Quote Originally Posted by Retrocool View Post
    (to this day I have Jiminy Cricket to thank for teaching me the right way to spell "encyclopedia"*).

I wanted to say thank you for showing the Encyclopedia video. I have been wanting to see and hear how the Encyclopedia song goes for years. A teacher of mine in the past use to sing that one in class and then told us Jiminy Cricket sang that one. That was how people learned how to spell Encyclopedia that way, she also mention.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

(to this day I have Jiminy Cricket to thank for teaching me the right way to spell "encyclopedia"*)
    When I was in kindergarten, I was in a special advanced group called Key Vocabulary that met in the morning before regular school. One time we all had to bring in a new word to learn about and spell. For some reason I picked.... encyclopedia. When I told my mom that's the word I wanted to learn, she recalled the Jiminy Cricket song and taught it to me. When I went to WDW last month, I saw Jiminy and thanked him for teaching me how to spell encyclopedia 30 years ago. LOL!

Does anyone know anything about exactly which of DD's shorts will be included on Vol 4? I know there are going to be 31 shorts up to 1961, but are we going to get Donald and the Wheel, Litterbug and Mathmagicland?