Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Re: Disney unveils 2009 schedule

Quote Originally Posted by ALIASd View Post
    Counter-programming is something Disney excels at.
    Besides they'll probably make the 'HM' movie for maybe $20 million (accompanied by a new soundtrack, merchandising, etc. to sell along with it) while Fox spends closer to $100 million trying to launch a new franchise with 'Wolverine'. Guess who has a better chance to make all of their money back opening weekend?
    The Wolverine flick is hardly going to be a "new franchise" ... Afterall, the X-Men films were basically Wolverine movies anyway. Wolverine already has a guaranteed box office success story.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Making my own Mousekteers

This list is just depressing.

I'd personally like to see a Magneto or Xavier movie rather than a Wolverine movie. I'll probably still go see it though. I'm nightly praying that Hannah Montana doesn't last more than another year. I cannot stand that no talent little hack and she is everywhere. Perhaps I wouldn't hate her so much if she wasn't so overexposed.

In the discussion on the PG-13 issue, we don't carry sizes beneath 4 in POTC merchandise and I hear about it from guests almost every day. We try to explain that we aren't aiming for little kids with the very violent pirate fims and the usual response we get is "whatever, that's just PC crap". I love the pirates movie and I had to forcibly tell a lot people with 2 or 3 year olds that they should go see the film first and make sure it was ok before taking their kids. They were very incredulous that the movie would have anything in it that wasn't appropriate for the little children. It's only my opinion but graphic violence is just as bad if not worse than sexual innuendo no matter what the ratings board thinks. It certainly has no effect on people taking their kids to see movies.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Queentitania19 View Post

In the discussion on the PG-13 issue, we don't carry sizes beneath 4 in POTC merchandise and I hear about it from guests almost every day. We try to explain that we aren't aiming for little kids with the very violent pirate fims and the usual response we get is "whatever, that's just PC crap". I love the pirates movie and I had to forcibly tell a lot people with 2 or 3 year olds that they should go see the film first and make sure it was ok before taking their kids. They were very incredulous that the movie would have anything in it that wasn't appropriate for the little children. It's only my opinion but graphic violence is just as bad if not worse than sexual innuendo no matter what the ratings board thinks. It certainly has no effect on people taking their kids to see movies.
    POTC isn't graphic violence. Graphic violence is Saw III and the new Rambo movie. What age does size 4 correspond to anyway? There is a big difference between 2 and 3 year olds and 7 and 8 year olds. I was terrified of Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom when I was 5 years old, but by the time I was 8 or 9, I was watching R-rated horror movies, which are far worse. The PG-13 rating should have been a PG+ instead, which would have meant that the film is basically PG material, but it is more intense. There should have been a PG-14 or PG-15 for movies that would be rated R, but aren't quite that bad. The Spiderwick Chronicles which just came out is rated PG, but IMO, I found it much more intense than most of the PG-13 stuff, and guess what, kids are loving it.

I think society started to get really PC in the 80s. Many PG-rated movies such as Jaws and various other horror films in the 70s were far worse than the movies that supposedly started the PG-13: Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom and Gremlins.

• Making my own Mousekteers

[quote=GhostHost2;2601441]POTC isn't graphic violence. Graphic violence is Saw III and the new Rambo movie. What age does size 4 correspond to anyway?
    quote]

Ages 3 or 4 wear size 4. We carry all the rest of our clothes down to a size 2/3. And even though you may feel that the violence in POTC isn't graphic I find it highly mentally and viscerally impactful watching Davy Jones choke and break the neck of someone using his face tenticles or seeing a crow pick out someone's eyes or seeing hundreds of people being hung including a little boy. I even found it to be fairly intense watching Chow being hit by cannon fire and Will and Norrington being run through. Call me crazy but when a parent asked me what I thought of the movie and whether they should take there 2 - 5 year olds to see it, I'm going to tell them no. In my opinion they should go see it first and see if it's at a level that their child will be able to tolerate.

• Minion

[quote=Queentitania19;2605145]
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostHost2 View Post
    POTC isn't graphic violence. Graphic violence is Saw III and the new Rambo movie. What age does size 4 correspond to anyway?
    quote]

Ages 3 or 4 wear size 4. We carry all the rest of our clothes down to a size 2/3. And even though you may feel that the violence in POTC isn't graphic I find it highly mentally and viscerally impactful watching Davy Jones choke and break the neck of someone using his face tenticles or seeing a crow pick out someone's eyes or seeing hundreds of people being hung including a little boy. I even found it to be fairly intense watching Chow being hit by cannon fire and Will and Norrington being run through. Call me crazy but when a parent asked me what I thought of the movie and whether they should take there 2 - 5 year olds to see it, I'm going to tell them no. In my opinion they should go see it first and see if it's at a level that their child will be able to tolerate.
    I understand not making Pirates merchandise for Infants and Toddlers. Still my point stands that PG-13 Sci-Fi/Fantasy/Action films such as Wolverine movies are loved by kids well under 13.

Cant wait for Prince of Persia!!!
    ----------------------
    http://www.hideNsneek.com

Smile Re: Disney unveils 2009 schedule

I saw a preview of the new child/robot movie at the animation academy. That movie is going to be big. It has a ET appeal. I would bet Hannah will outdo Wolverine, myself, as Hannah's fans are devoted. Look at her concert demand. Of course, it could bomb, like U2's concert movie. I'm looking forward to the Stone's "Shine a Light", but I don't think it will be a wild success. Martin could make a difference, though, as "Woodstock" was a masterpiece. I'm doing polish rewrites on my second script, and I'm excited about it. It's a cross between Lady Godiva and the Ugly Duckling, present day, with a touch of high concept hocus pocus. It's actually based on my wild college days, inspired by real life events.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12