• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Tennessee lands filming for 'Hannah Montana' movie

Tennessee lands filming for 'Hannah Montana' movie

By John Gerome
    AP Entertainment Writer
    February 22, 2008

NASHVILLE — The upcoming Hannah Montana movie will be filmed in Middle Tennessee and Los Angeles, a spokeswoman for The Walt Disney Co. said Thursday evening.

Filming will begin in early May with the movie scheduled for release May 1, 2009, according to spokeswoman Heidi Trotta.

Trotta did not provide details about the shoot.

State officials have been negotiating with Disney for at least six months to get the movie made in Tennessee.

"At one time, they were definitely going to Louisiana. Then it was between Louisiana and Tennessee, and then I was left with the impression that it definitely would be Tennessee," said Perry Gibson, executive director of the Tennessee Film and Entertainment Commission.

Gibson, whose office has been working on the project with the state Department of Revenue, still had not received confirmation from Disney as of Thursday afternoon.

Specifically, Gibson was waiting on an application from the company that would allow them to get incentives from the state for filming here.

The program offers rebates and sales-tax breaks to filmmakers based on a percentage of their in-state spending.

The film is based on the wildly popular Disney TV series. In the series, Miley Cyrus plays a high school student, Miley Stewart, who moves from Tennessee to Southern California and lives a secret double life as a pop star. Her real life father, country singer Billy Ray Cyrus, also plays her father on the show.

The Cyrus family owns a large farm in Middle Tennessee and wanted the movie shot here. They film the series in Los Angeles.

"The issue is that Billy Ray and Miley would like for it to be in Tennessee, that way they can be at home when they're doing the filming," their business manager, Jim Humphres, said Thursday before learning that Disney had reached a decision.

Trotta said she didn't immediately know how much of the movie will be filmed in Tennessee.
    The movie could be a boon for the state, both for tourism and local businesses, Gibson predicted.

"Miley Cyrus has 30 million fans, and fans have a way of visiting sites where films were made. Lord of Rings has tripled tourism for New Zealand," Gibson said. "So we're looking at a favorable impact for the state in many areas."
    http://www.usatoday.com/life/movies/...na-movie_N.htm

• Lackey

Re: Tennessee lands filming for 'Hannah Montana' movie

This actually has an impact on my work, so thanx for the update. It's been a little unclear what the schedule might be for the movie and the next series of the TV show.

Eddie: You mean to tell me you could have taken your hand out of those cuffs at any time?
    Roger: Not at any time. Only when it's funny.

~<8O]

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

'Hannah Montana' movie plot is fuzzy,
    but Miley Cyrus insists it will be 'bigger and better' than the TV show

Mar 31, 2008, 07:07 PM
    by Lynette Rice
    Reporting by Carrie Bell
    Entertainment Weekly

Apparently, the legions of Hannah Montana fans aren't the only ones dying to know what will happen in the movie version of the TV show, which is due out later this year. So would star Miley Cyrus.

"There have been a lot of revisions to the script," confesses the Disney Channel star, who EW.com caught up with at Saturday's Kids Choice Awards in Los Angeles.

Her costar Mitchel Musso (Oliver) was a lot more blunt: "I don't know anything about the plot. They change the script, like, twice a day." But Cyrus was quick to reassure fans that it'll be worth the wait.

"It will be like the TV show, but bigger and better. I just found out that we are for sure shooting in Nashville for two months. I am stoked to go home. I am leaving April 12 for that."

Cyrus has no plans to shoot another concert movie but is certainly game if Disney comes knocking for a sequel to their $65 million-grossing hit. "It was fun," Cyrus added. "I don't think it would happen before the Hannah Montana movie, though. We don't want to overdo it."
    http://hollywoodinsider.ew.com/2008/...on-hannah.html

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

5/13/08 Miley Cyrus in costume as Hannah Montana in hidden Mickey dress:

After debuting her new single "7 Things," Miley Cyrus – in character as her blonde alter-ego – signs off Tuesday from the Nashville set of The Hannah Montana Movie.
    Photo: Thorton/Mauceri/INF
    http://www.people.com/people/gallery...9811_2,00.html

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

Local students will work on Hannah Montana movie set

By MARIA GIORDANO
    The Tennessean Staff Writer
    May 9, 2008

FRANKLIN — A group of Williamson County students will receive first hand experience working on the set of the new Hannah Montana feature film.
    Part of teen star Miley Cyrus’ feature length film will be shot on location at Franklin High School, said Carol Birdsong, spokeswoman for Williamson County Schools. Birdsong told school board members Thursday that seven high school students studying media arts would be allowed on the set to shoot their own video.

Students will be allowed access to all behind the scenes jobs, Birdsong said. Their task will be to interview staff on the set about their jobs, she said. Shooting at the high school will begin after May 26, she said.

And, fans that think they might catch a glimpse of Cyrus should think twice. The high school set will be closed, and security will be tight, Birdsong said.
    http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs....D=200880509012

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

Students to access Hannah Montana set

Movie will shoot at Franklin High

By MARIA GIORDANO
    The Tennessean Staff Writer
    May 12, 2008

FRANKLIN — A group of Williamson County students will receive firsthand experience working on the set of the new Hannah Montana movie.
    Part of teen star Miley Cyrus' feature-length film will be shot on location at Franklin High School, said Carol Birdsong, spokeswoman for Williamson County School District.

Birdsong told school board members Thursday that seven high school students studying media would be allowed on the set to shoot their own video.

During the film's one-day shoot on May 27, students will be allowed access to all those who make a movie possible, Birdsong said. Their task will be to interview those with behind-the-scenes jobs, from caterers to hairstylists.

Independence High School media teacher Matt Balzer said the opportunity is a once-in-a-lifetime chance for the students. Balzer, along with Bryan Ross of the district's communication department, will supervise the students.

One media student from each high school will be allowed to participate in the project. The group will produce a video of the interviews that all the media programs in the county will be able to use. It's a great opportunity to see all the occupations that go into making a live-motion film, he said.

"These are professionals," he said. "For students to get to talk to these people is invaluable."
    http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs....=2008805120319

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

Miley Cyrus leaves Melody Roberts' home off King Lane near the Southall community Thursday. Cyrus was working on a Hannah Montana movie in the middle of the dead-end road when she needed to take a break and knocked on Roberts' door.

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs....=2008805120319

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

Charlotte family makes Hannah Montana film

BY TERI BURTON
    THE DICKSON HERALD
    May 15, 2008

“I was shocked,” said 9-year-old Henry Heard of Charlotte.

His sister, Sarah, 11, had a differing view: “I was excited.”

Those were the first reactions from the brother-sister duo after they were notified last week that they’d been selected to be part of a “concert at the county fair” scene in the upcoming new Hannah Montana film being shot around the Middle Tennessee region.

Their parents, Conni and Dan Heard, were even more shocked when they, too, were invited to participate.

The letter from MonTan Casting came in the mail last week, addressed to Henry. Dan showed it to Conni and they showed it to the siblings, Conni said.

“We’d heard on television news that they were having a casting call April 6 at the Sommet Center and if you wanted to be in a Disney movie to come, bring a 4 x 6 picture and stand in line,” Conni said.

The casting call was at 11 a.m. and the family stood in line all right – for four hours, to be exact.

“We arrived right at 11. The line was wrapped all the way around the Sommet Center and halfway around again when we got there,” she said. “People kept piling in behind us. There were thousands of people there. The weather was pretty and the people were in a good mood.”

At first the family didn’t know what the Disney movie was but it was later leaked that it was to be Hannah Montana’s new film.

“It was fun. You didn’t know if you were going to get in but we went knowing there might be a possibility that we would not get in,” Conni said. “We feel pretty fortunate out of all those people. When we went we didn’t go looking to be famous. We went because it would be fun.”
    Four tickets were included with the letter so the siblings’ two cousins are also going to be in the film.

“The needed more boys,” Conni said. “There were a lot of girls at the casting call but not many boys. We think that might be what helped us because we had a boy.”

The family will do the Tuesday, June 3 shoot somewhere in Middle Tennessee.

Sarah said the friends she’s told about her upcoming film debut, even though she’s a “volunteer” for the concert scene, are all jealous.

“I’m a huge Hannah Montana fan,” she said. “She sings really good, she’s a Christian and she’s a wonderful person. She just seems like a really good girl and I like her. My friends say, ‘Oh my gosh you’re so lucky. You’re going to be famous, you’re going to get to meet Hannah Montana. Get me a few autographs.’”

Henry said he hasn’t told any oh his friends yet. He’s still in shock.
    http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs....D=200880515114

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

The new Hannah Montana movie suddenly became an action flick when a freak ferris wheel accident on the set left several extras in bad shape.

According to witnesses on the set, all hell broke loose when high winds blew a giant piece of lighting equipment into a ferris wheel full of people on the Tennessee movie set. Miley Cyrus -- the star of the film, for all you out of touch people -- had just wrapped a scene on the stage next to the ferris wheel when the accident occurred.

We're told the collision caused a few cables on the ferris wheel to go haywire, striking several of the people on the ride. Medics on the scene quickly took the injured people to a local hospital -- where they received treatment for minor injuries.
    UPDATE:
    A Disney spokesperson tells TMZ, "During a break in the filming of 'Hannah Montana: The Movie,' a minor accident occurred involving a piece of production equipment. Fortunately, there were only a few minor injuries. Medical personnel have treated the extras and crew involved. None of the cast was on the set. Filming has resumed."
    http://www.tmz.com/2008/06/03/evil-f...annah-montana/

• The Darkness to Light

It's semi-interesting that the local TV news has been keeping these kind of reports under tight lips because it is being filmed in Franklin. I guess that city is the one that will get the tax break instead of Nashville itself, seeing how it is a seprarate city and all.

Oh well, at least TN now can't publish another article pointing out how a movie set in TN isn't filmed in TN.
    WARNING: Any opinions expressed by this user are wrong.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

Projection screen blown against Ferris wheel on 'Hannah Montana' movie set

Associated Press
    via The Tennessean
    June 4, 2008

RIDGETOP, Tenn. — The wind has blown a projection screen against a Ferris wheel on the set of the Hannah Montana movie.

No one was seriously injured in the incident Tuesday, witnesses said.

No local law enforcement agencies or emergency medical services reported being called to the set in Robertson County, some 15 miles north of Nashville.

Witnesses told WKRN-TV in Nashville that some children were on the ride at the time.

Scenes for the film, Hannah Montana: The Movie, are being filmed in the area.

Miley Cyrus, who plays Hannah, lives in the Nashville area and elsewhere. Jim Humphrey, her business manager, said he was not aware of the accident. He did not return later phone calls for information.
    http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2008806040432

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

Rascal Flatts to appear in 'Hannah Montana' movie

Updated 14m ago

USA TODAY
    June 5, 2008

NASHVILLE (AP) — The country group Rascal Flatts will appear and perform in the upcoming Hannah Montana movie.

A spokeswoman for the group's Lyric Street Records made the announcement Wednesday. No additional details were available about the band's appearance in Hannah Montana: The Movie.

The movie, starring Miley Cyrus and her father, Billy Ray Cyrus, is filming in their home state of Tennessee. It's scheduled for release in theaters in 2009.

Rascal Flatts — Gary LeVox, Jay DeMarcus and Joe Don Rooney — are one of country's top acts. Their hits include Take Me There,What Hurts the Most, and Bless the Broken Road.
    http://www.usatoday.com/life/movies/...terstitialskip

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

'Hannah Montana' film draws music talent

Rascal Flatts, Bucky Covington, Marcel set to appear

Staff report
    The Hollywood Reporter
    June 8, 2008, 06:02 PM

Multiplatinum country trio Rascal Flatts will appear and perform in Disney's "Hannah Montana: The Movie," which is filming in Tennessee.

"American Idol" alum Bucky Covington and new artist Marcel also will appear in the film, which is due next year.
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/...81d20847adc04e

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

Taylor Swift to Appear in Hannah Montana Movie

By Shelley Akers
    PEOPLE
    Originally posted Monday June 09, 2008 06:25 PM EDT

Taylor Swift Photo by:
    Cliff Lipson / Landov

Taylor Swift is teaming with Miley Cyrus and dad Billy Ray Cyrus for Hannah Montana: The Movie, Swift tells PEOPLE.

"I'm making a cameo," says the 18-year-old, "so I'm so excited about that. I'm playing one of my own songs and just in the background of one of the scenes."

Although one of country's hottest new stars, Swift doesn't mind sharing the spotlight in the Disney feature. "I'm just like the bar band, which is kinda fun."

Expressing her anticipation, Swift adds, "I'm just really excited about it because it's really cool when some of my little fans will come up with a Hannah Montana shirt on, and I want to be like, 'Guess what? I get to be in that movie with her!' "

Swift, appearing on Monday's Today show, also spoke highly of her pal. "Miley Cyrus is awesome. I love her so much. She is so incredibly funny and sweet!" Swift gushed.

"It's fun to get to see her, because we both have been on the road constantly, and with us both in Nashville now, it will be cool to get to hang out with her."

Country group Rascal Flatts will also appear in the movie, which is set to hit theatres in 2009 and deals with Montana's taking a trip with her father to her Tennessee hometown, where she gains a perspective on her double life.
    http://www.people.com/people/article...205374,00.html

• Banned User

Bucky Covington? Oy vey....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast