a vault disney channel will it ever happen?

hello mouse fans im a 19 year old long time disney fan. ive been signing and making petitions of my own- im really hoping disney will bring back walts vision and the original concept of disney. but will disney ever cave in and go back to its roots. disney channel feels like anything but disney!

anyway as im surfing the net looking for ways to contact i came across something in a faq on disney channel.com about a policy they have of not even taking suggestions into mind because they dont want to be sued if someones idea is used. would that pertain to this?? not like im rying to pitch my own cartoon or anything- im asking them to bring back one of theri own creations, am i right?

this is the letter im going to send disney channel

To: DISNEY FANS Disney currently offers nothing to please its long time viewers. there is nothing classic. to be honest disney has strayed from its main vison and we as fans want disney to mean mickey,donald,goofy, and minnie. as of right now those long time characters are only used in a pre school show. the rest of disneys lineup is made up of pre teen shows. there is nothing that resembles the disney we all knew and we all loved!

so im offering an idea that i think will highly benfit and please everyone involved. the launch of a new channel VAULT DISNEY! this channel could be pased on the premise of walt disneys orginal concepts and characters. this channel would focus on the demographic of 1-100 like it did in the 80 and 90s. hanna montana is not something everyone can enjoy, but mickey mouse is.

vault disney would be more traditional and have alot of older shows in its lineups. it could also feature new mickey mouse and winnie the pooh shows with todays graphics and technology in animation! these two shows would be made with substance and have a theme and plot any age can enjoy and comprehend. so this channel could also offer new material as well. the premise of this entire channel is to please the original fans of disney.

suggestions for the classic lineup are this

welcome to pooh corner
    mousercise!
    vintage mickey mouse and friends cartoons
    old disney promos and commercials!
    classic holiday specials
    zorro
    herbie
    and of course classic walt disney full length films.

i honestly think would reignite the disney passion i know so many of us have lost over the past few years. we disney fans feel neglected and that disney has changed from walts vison.

VAULT DISNEY CHANNEL COULD FIX THIS.

THIS WOULD BE HIGHLY PROFITABLE TO THE DISNEY FRANCHISE!
    i know so many people who would have their tv's tuned in all day! this excites me just writing this- i cant imagine this coming to fruition.

PLEASE DISNEY GIVE US WHAT WE MISS SO SO DEARLY- AND BRING WALTS VISON BSCK TO LIFE!

JADE CARDIGAN
    Sincerely,
    The Undersigned

• Me and Tommy Kirk

Re: vault disney channel

Poohcornerfan, I think a Vault Disney channel is a great idea. I'd like to see the "Wonderful World of Disney" episodes again, and the Disney Family Album shows back. It could be similar to TVLand or TCM, but add new documentaries and interviews with Disney legends.

Your letter looks good, but there are a few spelling and grammatical errors that can be fixed with the Word program.

Good luck! I hope Disney Television considers it.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Quote Originally Posted by poohcornerfan View Post
    this excites me just writing this- i cant imagine this coming to fruition.

Just a suggestion but might want to reconsider this line inclusion.
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Quote Originally Posted by poohcornerfan View Post
    about a policy they have of not even taking suggestions into mind because they dont want to be sued if someones idea is used. would that pertain to this??
    No, its related to submitting scripts or storylines for exisiting series/movies or your original concepts by mail or in person. It helps prevent lawsuits later on.

Programming suggestions from fans probably wouldn't qualify for this.
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• A New Kind Of Villain

Re: a vault disney channel will it ever happen?

I'd say add the old 'Disneyland' TV shows as well as 'The Wonderful World of Color' TV shows.

And part of me misses the DTV stuff... and Adventures In Wonderland!

*sighs*... Those were the days... I miss that Disney Channel...
    Julie Rei

"Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere." - Anton Ego (Ratatouille)

"I suppose you have no choice but to revolutionize the world." -Mikage Souji (Revolutionary Girl Utena)

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

I hope your letter works PCF, I'd love to see older Disney gems rather than their current lineup.

Welcome to MiceChat!

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

We purchased Disney Channel when it started in 1983 - when Ron Miller (Walt's Son In Law) was CEO of Disneyland, if memory serves me correctly. Disney Channel, for us back then, was magical. It was a premium station back then - much like HBO or Showtime. It wasn't part of basic cable and it was truly a gem to have in your TV lineup. We watched it NON STOP. It seemed like in the late 80's up to around 1990, is when it started changing to a format that I wasn't fond of...

But I recall in those early days the following shows that to me, were magical:

Epcot Magazine
    The Edison Twins
    Rin Tin Tin
    The Mickey Mouse Club (the 50's version)
    DTV
    Mousercise
    Donald Duck Presents
    Good Morning Mickey....

Each month had a new movie "PREMIER" and it was nothing less of fabulous.

I think your idea of a Vault Disney is great...and I hope your letter goes far.

• careful...i'm contagous!

in the paradise city. were the grass is green & the girls are pretty

nice letter, i dont know why disney dosn't consider doing this
    doombuggiesDISNEYROYALTY

• Banned User

Disney Execs, listen to this kid (the original poster). Only 19 years old and she, too, wants there to be a Classic Disney Channel. She, too, recognizes that current Disney Channel "programming" ABSOLUTELY SUCKS. What does that tell you?

Hey, we all know how much you guys love all the beaucoup bucks you're making off Hannah Montana and That's So Raven and so forth, and that's fine - keep milking those cash cows for what they're worth. But please, recognize that there's a sizable, diverse television market for classic pre-Eisner-era Disney programming, as was done before on the Disney Channel.

Hey, look, we, the audience, learned our lesson. We didn't know what we had until it was gone. We got too comfy and took that classic Disney programming for granted all those years it was on. We're sorry. So pretty please, with sugar on top, bring back the Vault Disney classics to TV. Start a new Disney Classics channel. We've been clamoring for it for ages now. We'll tune in, we promise! We'll be vocal supporters of it, and we'll get vocal about it nationwide!

Quote Originally Posted by ALIASd View Post
    Just a suggestion but might want to reconsider this line inclusion.

why?

• Me and Tommy Kirk

I'm not Aliasd, but I do know why you shouldn't include that sentence. You're writing it in the negative. What you are relaying is that you can not imagine it coming to fruition. As if it just cannot be done. Now, if you turned it around and said "Can you imagine this coming to fruition?" You're pointing out a possibility. However I wouldn't write that either because it's a rhetorical question. It would be best to just leave it at "THIS WOULD BE HIGHLY PROFITABLE TO THE DISNEY FRANCHISE!" (But not in all-caps) and nix the part where you know people who watch TV all day. We also don't need to know what excites you. (I'm sure you're very nice, but that's going a bit overboard, don't you think?)

• Banned User

This is about IIRC the million and third "Vault Disney" channel proposal, give or take a few hundred thousand.

Frankly, everyone is sick and tired of the so-called "consumer lifestyle" crud that passes as "programming" because Anne Sweeney made that dreck coming into our homes. And as the uncle of two children aged seven and soon to be one, I have begun weaning them on the classics. After all, why not buy Hallmark Channel and make that Vault Disney? There's another revenue stream, and she has nailed it on the head with her hammer of reality check. Though you might not use all capital letters to make the point, that's genius!