• Sock Puppet

Disneyland coming to Sydney?

27/02/2008 7:16:00 AM.
    The Walt Disney Company has held talks with the State Government over plans to redevelop a harbour foreshore site in Sydney.

The Walt Disney Company recently spoke with state government body about the possible re-development of White Bay, on the western side of the Anzac Bridge.

The facility currently operates as a working port with thousands of cars off loaded onto the site every week.

The government won’t elaborate on what was discussed, refusing to confirm whether the billion dollar children’s company is eying up a possible Sydney theme park.

While no active concepts are in the pipeline, a task force has been established to formulate development strategies for the harbour foreshore.
    State Development Minister Ian McDonald says the Government is keen on the idea.

“The discussions were preliminary and have been discontinued, there are no active concepts for the site before the government, all proposals will have to wait.”

• Sock Puppet

Re: Disneyland coming to Sydney?

i think it would be awesome to have a DL in Austrailia. it would also help their tourism.

• Vegetarian Disneylander

Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyfan4 View Post
    i think it would be awesome to have a DL in Austrailia. it would also help their tourism.
    It would also mean that I'd have to change the message under my avatar

<---

I have to admit, even though these rumours do surface at least once a year, I'm absolutely giddy with delight over the prospect of having a Disneyland in my own town. Given that there is pretty much bugger all in the way of theme parks/amusement parks in this city, it would be beyond my expectations to have a Disney park in Australia, let alone across the city!
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks

• Minion

ORDDU: It also means you'd never be seen in Hong Kong Disneyland ever again, I would imagine, Loomis, duckling.

• Vegetarian Disneylander

Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

Quote Originally Posted by Witches of Morva View Post
    ORDDU: It also means you'd never be seen in Hong Kong Disneyland ever again, I would imagine, Loomis, duckling.
    Quite possibly... although I have just forked over a significant amount of cash to finish off my booking for a Disneyland-WDW-HKDL (and a few other US cities) in April/May. My globe-trotting days are far from over!
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks

We need a resort badly here, but i dunno about right in the middle of Sydney.

• Banned User

Sorry, but I would hope Disney would invest their money into Hong Kong Disneyland before they go spending money on another park. If they decide to build it, it needs to be a "Finished" park, not a half-built-half-at-a-later-date park like Hong Kong, Walt Disney Studios Paris, and California Adventure.

• Minion

I'm offended that they called Disney a "children's company."

• Will return Soon...

Ah give me a reason to goto Sydney :P

Same as Loomis, these come every year i get excited and always have in the back of my mind, "never going to happen" don't have the population or tourism to support it, i can only buy so many Ap's :P

• Banned User

Ah, isn't this the 75th thread on the long rumored Disneyland Down Under rumors? Or does it seem like it?

It simply wont happen. Not as people are expecting. We will never see a magic kingdom style park here. If anything Sydney might get a cruise terminal or hotel resort but i couldnt see a Disney park here any time soon.

I would be happy so see Disney on these shores but I would like to see something different.