• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Glen Keane, "Rapunzel Unbraided" & more!

Here's some interesting and exciting info from Ain't It Cool News:
    http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=20944
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• Minion

Re: Glen Keane, "Rapunzel Unbraided" & more!

Disney needs to make a "real," sincere fairy tale adaptation again - not another Shrek-like postmodernist deconstruction. This projects seems a waste of the resonant tale of Rapunzel.

• Minion

Re: Glen Keane, "Rapunzel Unbraided" & more!

ORWEN: Us Cauldron girls totally agree with you about that, merlinjones, duckling. For YEARS we've been chomping at the bit for a more faithful re-telling of the RAPUNZEL story. Disney has been kicking the idea of doing this tale for years and years. At one point they were going to do it as a follow up to The Lion King--but went with Pocahontas, instead.

ORDDU: Someone recently told us that the reason they're calling it RAPUNZEL UNBRAIDED is because Michael Eisner wanted it that way. And the reason he wanted it that way was, supposedly, so that no one would ever confuse the Disney version of the story with anyone else's version. But, really, there aren't any definitive versions out there to compete with--that we know of, anyway.

ORGOCH: I think they should a just called her 'Rappin' Rapunzel' and be done with it! If'n they wants a modern settin' fer the thing, they could have ol' Rappin Rapunzel livin' in the ghettos, spoutin' off all kinds a street jive and stuff like that.

ORWEN: At least the art work looks decent. Glenn Keane has talent and that's for certain. But I still have my reservations about this treatment for one of my favorite fairy tales. (sigh)