• MiceChat News Team
    • Sparkle Plenty

Disney Bus Fire in Cerritos

Disney bus bursts into flames in Cerritos

From wire services
    Article Launched: 03/18/2008 07:04:27 AM PDT

CERRITOS -- A charter tour bus from Disneyland caught fire on the eastbound Artesia (91) Freeway in Cerritos Monday, causing traffic jams and forcing the passengers to walk to the next freeway exit, authorities said.
    The fire was reported at 4:08 p.m. A witness said passengers complained of smoke, and when the driver pulled over to investigate, the bus burst into flames.
    Almost two hours later, two lanes of the freeway were still blocked while towing equipment was called to take the disabled vehicle off the freeway, said California Highway Patrol Officer Jose Nunez.
    He said Disney arranged for another bus to pick up the passengers, and sent a representative to the scene.

Story:

http://www.presstelegram.com/news/ci_8612958

• Banned User

Re: Disney Bus Fire in Cerritos

and here I almost thought it would be one of the new cast shuttles

I read about the fire but Didn't hear anything about the driver.Did he do a good job.Can we say that he was the hero.

• Theme Park Insider

Oh my gosh, we heard about that in Innoventions! One CM said she talked to a guest who was pushing her son around in a rented wheelchair, holding it up at an angle. When she asked the CM if she wouldn't mind holding the wheelchair for her while she got something out of her bag, she asked her why it had to be at an angle. Apparently, this guest was on the bus that caught on fire, and lost all their luggage AND her son's special wheelchair that was made at an angle for him! How sad! What a bummer for them.

Quote Originally Posted by dramagrl View Post
    Oh my gosh, we heard about that in Innoventions! One CM said she talked to a guest who was pushing her son around in a rented wheelchair, holding it up at an angle. When she asked the CM if she wouldn't mind holding the wheelchair for her while she got something out of her bag, she asked her why it had to be at an angle. Apparently, this guest was on the bus that caught on fire, and lost all their luggage AND her son's special wheelchair that was made at an angle for him! How sad! What a bummer for them.
    That guest was me with my handicapped son. Gray Line's Disneyland shuttle caught on fire and I was the one who spotted the smoke and who acted quickly to alert the driver and passengers. About 2 minutes after we exited the bus flames were coming out of the back of the bus.
    We have been offered $150 per person from Gray Line for all of our inconviences. It ruined our trip. We lost everything, wheelchair, custom car seat. We were a family of 5 and all of our luggage burnt. My opinion (I can't prove it) was the hydraulic lift to wheel my son into the bus was not working properly. I heard a wiz sound just before the smoke started to come in under my feet and I think it was a hose that had blown off spreading oil or fuel.

We still have not been offered any claim money for all our lost items and feel we are getting shafted.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by kim Bonn View Post
    That guest was me with my handicapped son. Gray Line's Disneyland shuttle caught on fire and I was the one who spotted the smoke and who acted quickly to alert the driver and passengers. About 2 minutes after we exited the bus flames were coming out of the back of the bus.
    We have been offered $150 per person from Gray Line for all of our inconviences. It ruined our trip. We lost everything, wheelchair, custom car seat. We were a family of 5 and all of our luggage burnt. My opinion (I can't prove it) was the hydraulic lift to wheel my son into the bus was not working properly. I heard a wiz sound just before the smoke started to come in under my feet and I think it was a hose that had blown off spreading oil or fuel.

We still have not been offered any claim money for all our lost items and feel we are getting shafted.
    Be patient. Almost always you will be reimbursed for lost items. I'm glad you are safe and you helped the other passengers.