Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Minion

Budget cuts. I think between a third and half of the Disney Stores closed down.
    "He gets around you know he knows all the pretty girls." ~ Walt Disney

Last edited by Pirate Wench; 04-26-2005 at 07:32 PM.

• I was deleted.

changes

Quote Originally Posted by Malibu Minion
    Why did they do that?
    To answer this question first- The company slowly started to remove collectibles in stores that did not perform as well and slowly removed them from the rest of the stores. Until 2003 when they were all removed.

The reason why stores closed down is because the company expanded too quickly. When the stores first opened they were EXTREMELY popular with shoppers so they opened more-- but the problem is they opened too many and often in poor locations. (As mentioned before in this thread.)

Now that Disney sold the stores to The Children's Place they decided to keep two of their layer stores (larger ones)- Burbank and New York. They did sell thee of the layer stores, Michigan Ave, Chicago, The Forum, Las Vegas, and Mall of America, Minnesota. So that is why the New York store and the one in Burbank were "remodeled" and include some collectibles (big figs) and pins. Although most pins are open edition with a select few limited ones.

TCP has great ideas for the stores so hopefully more will open, be remodeled, and overall become better. At least that is the hope.

• Senior Minion

I think the Modesto Store is on the list of closures(no surprise) But you can definitly walk out of that one.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by TicTocDragon
    I think the Modesto Store is on the list of closures(no surprise) But you can definitly walk out of that one.
    Very few stores have closed recently. Most of them closed a couple of years back now. TCP plans to remodel some stores before it will relocate or open new stores. Just FYI.

• Senior Minion

It just seems like everytime I go into that one it has closeouts and very little merchandise.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by dsnylndmom
    Newpark Mall!! I grew up in that Mall I've never had a problem with being greeted promptly there.

I don't care for the one in Modesto, to cramped feeling
    I agree

• e komo mai

Hysterical. I have never heard of this game before. I'll have to try it sometime.

• Tour Ready

The Disney Store in Union Square in San Francisco hasn't had a Gallery in a long time. The room still exists but it's now the Boys room with Buzz and woody, Nemo, and Power rangers stuff. The little Disney history touch screen now shows Finding nemo or toy story... Very Sad!

• Zapp's Minion :D

Quote Originally Posted by WDI33
    The Disney Store in Union Square in San Francisco hasn't had a Gallery in a long time. The room still exists but it's now the Boys room with Buzz and woody, Nemo, and Power rangers stuff. The little Disney history touch screen now shows Finding nemo or toy story... Very Sad!

I haven't been there in 2 years. Does it still have the Beauty & the Beast decorations around the store walls?

• Banned User

I remember absolutely hate, hate, hating being a castmember during Christmas because I inevitably got stuck as the greeter and spent my entire shift standing in one spot, at the front greeting people. Itd get really old after a couple of hours, and I'd get barked at by our resident villain (Stage Manager) if I missed anyone.

I did, however, develop my own version of the game. I'd greet people as they left, thank them for visiting and wish them a nice day as they entered; on particularly boring days I'd welcome them to Gap or Old Navy, just to see if anyone would notice. No one ever did.

I was so pissed when I left and two months later greeters were eliminated.... Timing is everything, I guess.

• Minion

Blast!!!

I lost at my own game on Saturday. They are really trying to push the Incredibles DVD and Lithographs at Arden. Ah well maybe next time.
    "He gets around you know he knows all the pretty girls." ~ Walt Disney

Last edited by Pirate Wench; 04-26-2005 at 07:33 PM.

• Doing it with a flair

I'm looking forward to the Incredibles DVD, such a good movie.
    Eglantine, Eglantine, oh how you shine!
    I don't believe in giving animals ridiculous names. I call him Cosmic Creepers...
    ...and if you've got no other choice, you know you can follow my voice...

Last edited by Pirate Wench; 04-26-2005 at 07:33 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast