Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Trip Report - Wrestlemania 03/30/08

For my boyfriend's birthday last October I bought him tickets to Wrestlemania, as it was held at the Citrus Bowl in Orlando last weekend. I figured I would share our trip here.

Should you wish to see all the photos I took that day, please visit HERE.

Wrestlemania drew in over 74,000 people on Sunday, breaking the attendance record at the Citrus Bowl and jamming traffic lanes across the city.

We heard that the wrestlers were staying at the Rosen Hotel, so we booked a room. I was disappointed, it looked pretty but for $300 bucks a night, we got, what felt like, an $89 room.

We got the top floor though, the view wasn't horrible.

Traffic was backed up for miles, as expected for such an event. We were here...

And the arena was here...

After paying some guy to park our car on his lot, we headed to our seats. I have to say, for the price we paid, we got a great view. Right in the middle of the entrance ramp, and just high enough that were weren't blocked by anything. It was great!

There were many catcalls and yelling, each for their own celebrity. I thought this was rather comical.

First match wasn't televised, it was the ECW Battle Royal.

DING DING DING!

Kane was the winner.

Finally the announcers showed up:

First aired match was JBL vs Finley. JBl won.

Next was the "Money in the bank" ladder match. I love the two guys in the Incredibles and Spiderman costume. LOL
    For those that don't know, in order to win, you must take any of the three ladders they give you and take the briefcase down off the hook.

CM Punk won.

Then came the Hall of Fame inductee announcements.

Then came the match between Batista and Omaga.

Then Raven (wearing a very unDisneylike dress) announced the winners of the Make a Wish Foundation. There were 50 kids from 50 states all flown to see Wrestlemania.

Ric Flair vs Sean Michaels was next, probably the match that was the most looked forward to of the night. Sean won, inevitably ending Ric Flair's career and he was forced to retire.

Divas Match was next, hosted by Snoop Dogg. Bad girls won.

Next match was Cena vs HHH vs Randy Orton. Orton won.

Next was Big Show and Mayweather, Mayweather won.
    Big Show is massive, he must have to duck a lot. LOL

This picture makes me giggle.

Last match of the night, Undertaker vs Edge. Undertaker won.

That's about it, I know it's not the norm but I thought I would share it anyway. And before you say anything, yes, we know it's not real. You can't help but get caught up in the energy though, especially when you're there in person. It was fun and we had a good time, even though I tease Phil that it's a male soap opera. LOL

The End.
    Last edited by SummerInFL; 04-03-2008 at 09:53 AM.

• Colorful

April Showers bring May flowers all in the Golden Afternoon

Cool Re: Trip Report - Wrestlemania 03/30/08

Thanks for sharing! Great pictures. I'm no wrestling fanatic but Best of luck to Rick Flair in his retirement. It was great being on the same team with him. Ric was one of several celebs to endorse and campaign for Mike Huckabee when he was running for President. So here's one last hurrah for Ric Flair

Woooooooooo!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    We are 100% grade A Disney Dorks.

• Seasick

Re: Trip Report - Wrestlemania 03/30/08

Very cool, I imagine that would be a really fun event to attend. I was into wrestling during its 80's heydey, again in the late 90's when the Austin/McMahon storyline took off, and haven't paid much attention since. I'd probably attend a Wrestlemania though if the opportunity were to arise.

• Seasick

Quote Originally Posted by BDBopper View Post
    Thanks for sharing! Great pictures. I'm no wrestling fanatic but Best of luck to Rick Flair in his retirement. It was great being on the same team with him. Ric was one of several celebs to endorse and campaign for Mike Huckabee when he was running for President. So here's one last hurrah for Ric Flair

Woooooooooo!!!!
    Assuming the results of this "retirement match" are followed for as long as they usually are, I expect Flair to make a comeback in, oh, let's say, a week or two? Amazing the guy is still Wrestling in any case!

• Rides against injustice

Great trip report. Wrestlemania is as almost a big deal at my house as the Super Bowl. We have a party every year. The Flair/Michaels match definetly stole the show IMO. That shot of a beaten up Flair standing up and telling Michaels to "Bring it" before being knocked down one last tmie was one of those classic "Wrestlemania Moments".
    Big Show/Mayweather was actually better than i thought it would be. I dont like Mayweather, but I will give him props for taking some pretty big bumps.
    All in all, a great Wrestlemania.
    Thank you Ric Flair for entertaining us one last time.
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
    Out of the NIGHT....
    When the full moon is BRIGHT!!
    Comes a horseman known as ZORRO!!!
    ---------------------------------------

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Quote Originally Posted by BC_DisneyGeek View Post
    Very cool, I imagine that would be a really fun event to attend. I was into wrestling during its 80's heydey, again in the late 90's when the Austin/McMahon storyline took off, and haven't paid much attention since. I'd probably attend a Wrestlemania though if the opportunity were to arise.

That was me, when I was a kid, my mothers friend was into it. So I went to a lot of matches with Hogan, Ric Flair, Sting etc.. Back when after matches they would set up tables and you could meet them all...for FREE. I lost interest as I got older though.

When my boyfriend and I first moved in together I laughed a little when he started watching it. So while he would turn on Monday Night Raw or Smackdown, I'd be sitting at the computer, I found myself watching it. Laughing at the ridiculousness of it all, the corny jokes, the obvious fake jabs. I did find myself appreciating the fact that even though it's staged, they still take leaps off the top and still have to know how to land.

Anyone else catch that the table didn't give and Sean Michaels really hurt his ribs? Those guys still miss and get hurt and I have to respect them, they still beat their bodies up on a weekly basis.

I'm not really a fan of watching it at home but in person the energy with the crowd is amazing and I have fun when we go.

I will admit though I cheered when Cena came back at Royal Rumble. LOL Then again, he's my favorite hottie.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Awsome pics Summer !! Glad your seat wound up being good. I understand the concern you had and am happy everything went well for ya .

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I remember watching wrestling back in the 80's. Hulk Hogan, Andre the Giant, Junkyard Dog, Iron Shiek, Macho Man Randy Savage, Rowdy Roddy Piper, Ultimate Warrior, Mean Gene...

Summer, was that the Rosen Plaza or the Rosen Shingle Creek you stayed at? I've stayed at the Rosen Shingle Creek and it's GORGEOUS. A couple of my co-workers are staying at the Rosen Plaza this weekend for a conference.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

You're making me feel old aimster .

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    I remember watching wrestling back in the 80's. Hulk Hogan, Andre the Giant, Junkyard Dog, Iron Shiek, Macho Man Randy Savage, Rowdy Roddy Piper, Ultimate Warrior, Mean Gene...

Summer, was that the Rosen Plaza or the Rosen Shingle Creek you stayed at? I've stayed at the Rosen Shingle Creek and it's GORGEOUS. A couple of my co-workers are staying at the Rosen Plaza this weekend for a conference.
    It was Rosen Plaza, there were two Rosen hotels within 5 blocks of each other. We actually went to the wrong one first. LOL

• World Traveler

This was fascinating ... really. I wouldn't go to this, but it was still fascinating. Thanks for the report, Summer!!!

• Happy Memories

From the looks of these shots we were in approximately the same spot... I was just way lower (Section 107, row D).

I have to say, for the price we paid, we got a great view. Right in the middle of the entrance ramp, and just high enough that were weren't blocked by anything. It was great!

• Drunk On Disney

Awesome report! What a great WM it was!

Yes, I noticed how Shawn slammed into the announce table and it didn't budge. Ouch.

I wonder what Referee Charles Robinsons race to the ring looked like in person. He looked like he was really moving on TV.

I am glad you didn't get hit with any fireworks.
    http://msn.foxsports.com/other/story...reworks-mishap

Wish I was there!! I attended WM a number of years ago. Just awesome.

Check out my podcast: www.drunkondisney.com

• Happy Memories

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post
    I wonder what Referee Charles Robinsons race to the ring looked like in person. He looked like he was really moving on TV.
    My group kinda felt sorry for anybody that had to do a quick run in. The ramp was looooooooooooooooooooooooong.

• Rides against injustice

Quote Originally Posted by Xharryb View Post
    My group kinda felt sorry for anybody that had to do a quick run in. The ramp was looooooooooooooooooooooooong.
    That had to be one of the most unintentionally funny moments from Wrestlemania..He was HAULING and it still took him forever to get to the ring.
    Out of the NIGHT....
    When the full moon is BRIGHT!!
    Comes a horseman known as ZORRO!!!
    ---------------------------------------

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast