• MiceChat News Team
    • Thanking the Academy

Blog Entries

Disney/ABC Announces Open Auditions For 'High School Musical: Summer Session'

Disney and ABC Television will host open casting calls for a summer TV series based on "High School Musical." "High School Musical: Summer Session" will feature talented (and possibly not-so-talented) performers between the ages of 16 and 22 competing for a chance to become part of Disney's HSM "family." Disney is being sketchy on what the grand prize will be, but the opportunity to be seen on national television will no doubt be enough motivation for most entrants.

Auditions will be held on May 7th at Walt Disney World (exact time and location TBA). Southern California auditions will be announced at a later date. Disney casting scouts are also touring the nation in search of undiscovered talent.

"High School Musical: Summer Session" premieres on ABC July 20th and will run through mid-September. The auditions will provide the basis for the first two episodes.

Complete details and eligibility rules are on ABC's website at http://abc.go.com/primetime/highschoolmusical/index.

For the official entry form, go to http://abc.go.com/media/primetime/hi...ed%20FINAL.pdf.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Thanking the Academy

Blog Entries

Re: Disney/ABC Announces Open Auditions For 'High School Musical: Summer Session'

Disney has updated the audition start times and locations:

The Southern California casting call will be held at the Long Beach Arena on April 27th (exact times still TBA).

The WDW casting call will be held at Champion Stadium at Disney's Wide World of Sports Complex on May 7th. Doors open at 11:00 a.m. Applicants will be allowed to line up no earlier than 5:00 a.m.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Re: Disney/ABC Announces Open Auditions For 'High School Musical: Summer Session'

NICK LACHEY, who will host the upcoming ABC summer reality series, "High School Musical: Summer Session," was on hand on Sunday, April 27 to greet the long line of hopefuls who turned out at the Long Beach Arena.

The kids who make the cut will then take part in a summer music program to hone their skills and then one will be selected to become a part of the "High School Musical" family.

"High School Musical: Summer Session" will premiere on Sunday, July 20 at 8 p.m.
    photo at:
    http://www.etonline.com/news/2008/04/61055/index.html

Nick Lachey was at Disneyland this last weekend filming for the show. I took some video and posted on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcPKu68AoYY

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

ABC Renames 'High School' Contest Show

A million dollars? No. A recording contract with a major music label? No. A featured role in the touring production of HSM? Nope.

May 9, 2008
    -By A.J. Frutkin
    Mediaweek

ABC's highly anticipated music contest show this summer has a new working title: High School Musical: Get in the Picture. Along with the title change also comes word of what the network will award the show's grand prize winner.

A million dollars? No. A recording contract with a major music label? No. A featured role in the touring production of HSM? Nope.

Okay...drum roll, please. Here's what the winner gets, according to ABC's press release: "He or she will literally 'get in the picture' when that person appears in a music video shown in the end credits of the feature film, Disney's High School Musical 3: Senior Year, opening this fall."

Ta-Da!

Anti-climactic, perhaps. But at least the winner will be able to shake hands with--if not get a hug from--the show's recently announced host, teen heart throb Nick Lachey.

Executive produced by Jay Blumenfeld and Tony Marsh (Here Come the Newlyweds), HSM: Get in the Picture premieres Sunday, July 20, from 8-9 p.m., and runs Sundays and Mondays for three weeks in that time slot, then continues on Mondays at 8 p.m.
    http://www.mediaweek.com/mw/content_...6af4b23cf2f281

• Senior Minion

Gee, what a prize.

And dang, i'm too old by 1 year!! Shucks.
    Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

'High School Musical 3' gets its own reality event

Tax refund incentive granted to allow filming at Murray High

By Paul Beebe
    The Salt Lake Tribune
    Article Last Updated: 05/17/2008 09:24:49 AM MDT

Actress Ashley Tisdale, actor Zac Efron,
    producer Kenny Ortega and Vanessa Hudgens
    (Al Hartmann/Tribune file photo)

Producers of "High School Musical 3" are planning a reality TV show that will be filmed in Murray and broadcast on ABC in August, ahead of the movie's nationwide release.

"The reason it's going to be shot here is because I want to, and we're going to shoot it at Murray High School," producer Bill Borden said Friday at a board meeting of the Governor's Office of Economic Development.
    The board voted to award Derby Productions Inc. a tax-rebate incentive of up to $279,908 to defray the cost of producing the show, which will be similar to "American Idol," the reality-competition show on Fox.

Borden said a casting search in Florida and Los Angeles yielded young talents who will be brought to Murray to film the "High School Musical"-themed competition. Contestants will be booted from the twice-a-week show until a winner is chosen.

Most filming will take place between June 1 and July 2.

The grand prize will be a recording contract and a chance to sing during the closing credits of "High School Musical 3," which is being shot at East High School in Salt Lake City and should reach theaters in October.

Borden also received a tax-rebate incentive of up to $500,000 to film "Big Eyes," a movie about painter Margaret Keane. Her husband, Walter Keane, claimed her popular paintings of children with oversized eyes were his work.
    http://www.sltrib.com/ci_9290044?IAD...www.sltrib.com

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

'High School Musical: Get In The Picture'
    recap: All Paulas, no Simons

Jul 21, 2008, 11:28 AM
    by Jeff Jensen
    Entertainment Weekly

I’ll say this about ABC's High School Musical: Get In The Picture: it's certainly no American Idol, and intentionally so.

The tone was set immediately with the very first contestant hopeful, beauty pageant winner Amy Hooker, a “please” and “thank you” gal who at least earned this praise from judge Tiana Brown: “Your manners are adorable!” Hooker, who warbled through her rendition of “Part Of Your World” from The Little Mermaid (Had to look that up. Honest!), didn’t make it to the next round, but she did get a critique that aspired to be genuinely constructive. “Let in come organically,” beseeched Brown, as if determined to change some lives here. “Believe…” With that parting gift of wisdom, Hooker was released into the warm Orlando sunshine, still not famous but made slightly better by the experience. And she smiled.

Welcome to the Disneyfication of the prime-time talent show, a world where niceness reigns and mean people aren’t allowed. The judges (“faculty members” in the HSM:GITP parlance) are uniformly upbeat—all Paulas, not a Simon in the bunch—who attentively assess each contestant and dutifully take notes in their leather journals. They seem to think they’re on a hanky-lite, talent-show version of Extreme Makeover or even Three Wishes (“We’re going to make somebody’s life!” gushed judge Jen Malenke), though the reward is surprisingly meager: the winner gets…a part in a music video promoting the forthcoming High School Musical 3, the next installment in a billion dollar franchise with 400 million fans around the world. (I know these facts because the show told me.)
    Still, as a sucker for all things High School Musical and a card-carrying member of the 400 million, I'm in. And I live in hope that my pop culture crush Vanessa Hudgens will stop by for a “mentor visit.” So come back here every Monday for your mini-recap. I’ll be here. I might be diabetic from all the sweetness by the end, but I’ll be here.
    http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/2008...chool-m-1.html