Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Re: Mark Shapiro Says Six Flags Can Be Like Disney

They also have the rights to the "Wiggles" characters, and the Thomas the Tank Engine show stuff.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Progressive Disneylander

The idea is right, but I don't see it happening. I hope Six Flags can refocus its efforts one becoming more themey, but it will take years of dedication. The enture lure of the Six Flags park near me (Great Adventure) are the coasters. Yawn. Just because you paint a steal coaster black and call it "Batman" doesn't make it themed. Six Flags parks just feel like a non-special amusement parks. I wish them the best, though, since we all win if they improve their product.

• Rock Star Minion

Yeah, but a green-colored one callled The Riddler: THAT's theming!!

To me, it will always be a teen's paradise. Sure, some adults still get their jollies on the coasters, but I'm guessing that most don't need that thrill anymore. I know I don't. Not at those prices, that is.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Making my own Mousekteers

I wonder if they realize what a big stick Disney has on their Cast Members to get that level of service. I mean it's not so much a management style as it is a management obsession. Everyone from the chairman to the custodial staff is supposed to be equally committed to delivering the Disney "experience". I've worked for other companies that tried to absorb the Disney mentality (namely Toys R Us and Best Buy) and they totally underestimated the level of enforcement needed to ensure the buy in and execution. All it takes is one District Manager or Store Manager whose focus isn't absolute and the whole thing gets derailed and it can ruin moral in a store/ location if the transition is handled wrong. I'm even concerned for my stores now that we're switching back to Disney.

I raise my Kitties right.... they only watch the finest shows.

It can be like Disneyland yes. That is also like saying that you can be a NBA player one day to your kid. Worse case scenario more people check it out and lessen the crowds.

At a table in front of the French Quarter Market

If it had more theming, I might actually go more. As it is now, I'm more willing to drive the 52 miles to DL than the 16 miles to Magic Mountain. That outrageous parking cost needs to go, too.

Fluffy Club Member

• Hiding in the shadows

Everything I have heard thus far about Magic Mountain sounds promising and adding Thomas Town and possibly Wiggles world will make it a more vaible park for families, I do agree that the $15 parking is insane.

I am really looking forward to the changes, as on a regular basis I would prefer to 6 mil drive to SFMM than the 60 mile drive to DL, no it will never be the same magic, but for a quick 4 hour getaway it will be nice.

A little piece of heaven

• The one, the only...

I think Shapiro is starting to understand what Disneyland is all about. It is not about the "mega" rides but the total experience of being there.

That is something that Disney management has forgotten from time to time. DCA was NOT about the total experience, but tried to be more like Magic Mountain, a collection of rides aimed at teenagers. Even when DCA was being "fixed" Eisner just threw new rides at DCA, like Bugs Life and Tower of Terror.

I just hope that Disney management does not forget again.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHost2 View Post
    My local Six Flags (Over Georgia) is opening Thomas Town next month, and considering it family entertainment. I'm sure small kids will love Thomas Town, but I wouldn't call it a family ride because it will likely bore teenagers and adults by themselves.
    Thomas Town looks like a serious let down. The plot of land is literally where Deja Vu sat. It will be fun because the tikes see Thomas, but the room to actually do anything just isn't there. I guess my breath would be wasted saying it has nothing to do with an early 19th century gold town too.

What Six Flags Over Georgia really needs is the Krofft characters back.

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    I don't see how making up a bunch of characters is supposed to convert SF into something evenn remotely like a Disneyland.
    I don't see why not. Supposedly that is what is relevant to kids and families these days.

• Circle of Ancients

Did Deja Vu get removed from SFOG?!?!?!

I've been out of the loop for awhile.

EDIT: Nevermind, answered my own question. RCDB shows it's been removed.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    Did Deja Vu get removed from SFOG?!?!?!

I've been out of the loop for awhile.

EDIT: Nevermind, answered my own question. RCDB shows it's been removed.
    Yes, because they could never get it consistently working. Correct if I'm wrong, but I think it was removed from all the Six Flags parks that had one.

• Circle of Ancients

Magic Mtn. still has one.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHost2 View Post
    Yes, because they could never get it consistently working. Correct if I'm wrong, but I think it was removed from all the Six Flags parks that had one.
    Only half of the Giant Inverted Boomerangs were shut down. That would be the Deja Vus at Six Flags Over Georgia and Six Flags Great America. The coaster is still at Six Flags Magic Mountain, as was stated, and Stunt Fall at Parque Warner Madrid is also still operating. I find it odd because, as I understand it, Six Flags Over Georgia paid to have Vekoma do a bunch of extra work a few years back resulting in their Giant Inverted Boomerang being the best operating and most reliable of the four.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Mr. Shapiro looks like Mr. Fantastic.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Knows Where His Towel Is

I went to Magic Mountain last week and everything was perfect. The park was spotless, the employees were very friendly, the restrooms were clean...and the plants were freshly clipped. Oh, and the new museum they have on top of the Sky Tower doesn't hurt either.

Seriously, if Six Flags keeps improving their quality like this, then we are in for a heck of a ride.

INTERGALACTIC WRITER FOR THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY
    HOOPY FROODS:thinkingofdisney11, DisneyIzz, A113, dmtnt55, MikeSkellington, zephr, Incrediboy, JungleCruiseFan, PerformerInWaiting, MainStreetJake, The Disneylander, littleactressann, DapperJoshua, padgerfan, SS77, DisneyLove, GummiBears_Rock, fangalicious44, animekiti4christ, *disneyprincess*, monorailorange33, Colorized, iskategoofy, stevo505, mandypandy, williamtheking, CaptainEO,Atis, firebolt413, cocoa, WendyInWonderland, ICe101, itsxxdomoxxkun, esquivel

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!
    ASK ME ANYTHING! :: FORMSPRING.ME
    FOLLOW MY BLOG: <>

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast