Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

• I love my family!

Re: Mark Shapiro Says Six Flags Can Be Like Disney

If you look at SF Magic Mountain as an example, that park has come a long way in the last 6+ months. The park is clean and looks really nice, it has really turned the corner.

TP I know what your saying because just a year ago MM was still a pile of dung but, with the change in park Mgnt came a lot of positive moves.

Theres still a long way to go and a lot of bad press to live down but if they maintain thier current course of action and I believe they will, we have a lot to look forward to.

Will it ever be DL? No. Can it be a great park for everyone to enjoy again? Absolutly!
    I guess only time will tell.

• Minion

Last saturday at Six Flags Over Georgia, there was actually somebody sweeping in the queue for Batman: The Ride. The saturday before that I saw someone sweeping in Goliath's queue. I really appreciate their efforts, but unfortenately there is still plenty of trash around because they have to deal with a rowdier crowd than Disney, who is more likely to throw trash on the ground and spit gum on the walls.

Talking Re: Mark Shapiro Says Six Flags Can Be Like Disney

Magic Mountain has improved 200 fold in 2 years, and I can only see more improvements coming.

Now if they just bring back this guy, everything will be perfect:

Well, I would DIE for the Metro Monorail to come back too, but I think I am a dreamer there....

To see tons of cool Vintage Magic Mountian Stuff, visit my blog here:

VintageDisneylandTickets.Blogspot (Magic Mountain search).
    To view old Disneyland and Theme park tickets, visit my blog at:

http://vintagedisneylandtickets.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland Tickets View Post
    Now if they just bring back this guy, everything will be perfect:

Okay, that would get me to reconsider a return visit as well. He's awesome!

• C4C6C

Quote Originally Posted by The Disneylander View Post
    I went to Magic Mountain last week and everything was perfect. The park was spotless, the employees were very friendly, the restrooms were clean...and the plants were freshly clipped. Oh, and the new museum they have on top of the Sky Tower doesn't hurt either.

Seriously, if Six Flags keeps improving their quality like this, then we are in for a heck of a ride.
    I'll give you two of your points.....the employees were friendly for the most part last weekend and the landscaping is nice at SFMM. However, the restrooms are far from clean and the park is not spotless. Is it that hard to have an employee walk through the lines and pick up trash? Or, trash that is thrown in planters at 11am and is still there at 7pm. Also, paint paint paint paint.....

• C4C6C

Quote Originally Posted by TP2000 View Post
    All I'm saying is that I think we should be very, very cautious of what Mark Shapiro says every spring. He showed up with no prior amusement park experience, after leaving ESPN suddenly in '05. He talks a good game and he looks profesional and he spouts off the latest industry buzzwords like "experience" and "family" and "interactive", but then he makes me laugh by invoking a Disneyland reference or two. He's a big talker though, I'll give him that.

He's like the Six Flags Cynthia Harriss; all talk and all show and little experience or real change.

I've paid the 15 bucks to park in the Six Flags parking lot and wait for the broken down Tijuana Trolley with the graffiti on every row to pick us up and drive us up the hill while some punk kid hanging off the back of the tram slurred into the microphone "Parking Tram For All You Peeps, We Are Leaving Now!".

How can anyone compare that to the bigger, cleaner, friendlier, more profesional parking experience at Mickey & Friends that charges less per day? Just because Mark Shapiro stands in front of an audience every year and says he is going to remake Six Flags into a Disney "experience" doesn't mean I can't laugh hysterically at the horrible service and offerings at my local Six Flags.

It's all just talk and blabber, with a few coats of paint on an aging roller coaster for the fanboys.
    Very well said. That tram has got to be the scariest thing in the world. Find any old bench and bolt it to the floor of the tram.

• DizMee

Granted they have some good rides but some of the buildings have not been painted or repaired up in 20 years. Hopefully they take care of the coasters better than that. Granted I've only been to the one in Valencia. How are the other parks?

I went to Six Flags Discovery Kingdom last weekend, and I noticed that one ride, Kong, looked like it needed to be repainted, like 5 years ago. Some other areas of the park looked like they needed new signage, because some signs looked cracked and faded. I dont know. It seems like whenever my wife and I go to theme parks, other than Disneyland, it is not the same. I don't think any company should try to compare themselves, or be like Disney. It would be a tough thing to pull off.

"I hope that we never lose sight of one thing-that it was all started by a mouse." Walt Disney

•   
    • ALL DISNEY ALL THE TIME

Blog Entries

Talking Re: Mark Shapiro Says Six Flags Can Be Like Disney

six flags is getting run down , it needs a great deal of work but it dose have some great mega coasters , disney is in a way diffrent catagory , I like having two diffrent style parks. the crapy dressed gang members running around the park are just becase of the city it is in , if it was in the o.c. it would probly be a much better park , less rif raf.

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Trav1Disney View Post
    six flags is getting run down , it needs a great deal of work but it dose have some great mega coasters , disney is in a way diffrent catagory , I like having two diffrent style parks. the crapy dressed gang members running around the park are just becase of the city it is in , if it was in the o.c. it would probly be a much better park , less rif raf.
    Getting run down??? It's been run down for about the past 10 years. They are trying to improve it, and they are doing it.

As far as it being in OC, look at Knott's and how much that's fallen since Cedar Fair took over.

I don't believe Six Flags will ever come REMOTELY close to implementing and maintaining the standards that the Walt Disney Company Resorts have.
    I think a first step would be make guest service your first and foremost priority.
    There is little or no guest service at Six Flags parks. You don't get the magical friendly fun interaction with the employees. SF employees are paid minimum wage and most of them are teenagers. Not to say that teenagers don't do a good job.. I have seen teenagers working at DLR that are great.. but just seeing the type of people SF hires.. ick. They cut a lot of corners too.. So if they have any desire to be ANYTHING l[U][I][B]like[ Disney, they should start with enhancing the guest / staff interaction...

The bottom line is:

It is great for other parks to be striving for Disney-like quality, even though they will most likely never be able to reach that quality at all.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234