Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• is satisfactual.

Re: Julianne Moore as Ariel in the Disney Dream Portrait Series by Annie Leibovitz

This is obviously Disney's attempt to reel in the Vanity Fair demographic. You don't accomplish that with Disney Channel starlets.

• Disney Princess

Re: Julianne Moore as Ariel in the Disney Dream Portrait Series by Annie Leibovitz

I think Julieanne Moore looks beautiful, but as for all the other mer-people....I think something else in its place would be better, I don't know what...but just something else.

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

Goin' to Kansas City. Kansas City Here I Come

Quote Originally Posted by krystledm View Post
    i think isla fisher would have been better suited...she's got a younger feel, and Ariel is only 16.
    Ooh yeah. She would've been a good choice.
    "C:\Documents and Settings\martinla\My Documents\My Pictures\WINDVD Capture\cap014.jpg"
    Home away from Home.

• Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nancywitt View Post
    I think this series is to get adults involved with the excitement of going to Disney parks. How else would you explain Mikel Barishnikov as Peter Pan?

i think that would have gotten plenty of adults excited...

• Me and Tommy Kirk

Julianne Moore is lovely, but she looks more like Ariel at age 48...

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Quote Originally Posted by Nancywitt View Post
    I think this series is to get adults involved with the excitement of going to Disney parks. How else would you explain Mikel Barishnikov as Peter Pan?
    Quote Originally Posted by pussnboots View Post
    This is obviously Disney's attempt to reel in the Vanity Fair demographic. You don't accomplish that with Disney Channel starlets.
    Agree with both of you. Obviously, they are using people in a "different age range", than what you normally see the character in the animated movies, and even in the parks. And thank goodness it's a change from seeing Hannah as Cinderella, Zach as Prince Charming, Raven as Belle, the Sprouse twins as Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum, Lindsey as Ariel ackkkkkk!

I much prefer the adults in Fantasy style picture. and Ariel is really one of my favorites in the series.

•   
    • At one w/ our Disneyness

Julianne is beautiful, but the shot, it's so ordinary. My expectations of Annie are far greater than the last few shots in this series have produced.
    Just countin' the days til the next visit!

• is satisfactual.

Quote Originally Posted by All4dISNEY View Post
    Julianne is beautiful, but the shot, it's so ordinary. My expectations of Annie are far greater than the last few shots in this series have produced.
    I don't think Annie has ever been that good at getting interesting shots of her subjects. She knows her way around Photoshop and she's great at getting those pastel-colored, soft-lit cover shots favored by upscale quality magazines, but for every celebrity she's photographed there are a hundred better shots (including those from the inimitable David LaChapelle!). If you ask me, her lighting is a little too dull.
    /geek moment

But I have to say I like the fact that they chose those "mature" celebrities and not, as Aladdin said, Hannah Montana et al.

Leibovitz always been one of my favorites, even before she took my photo in 1989.

• The one and only

are they going to continually do more all year??

i thought they were stopping with the first four.

• careful...i'm contagous!

in the paradise city. were the grass is green & the girls are pretty

well at least its not whoppie as the genie, god that was a bad pic
    doombuggiesDISNEYROYALTY

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12