Re: Marvel looks ahead

Quote Originally Posted by ALIASd View Post
    'Iron Man 2' set for summer 2010

No Marvel features slated for '09 release

By Georg Szalai
    The Hollywood Reporter
    May 5, 2008, 10:09 AM

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/...2f09e9fa8ab308
    It had been expected that 2009 would be a film year without Marvel.
    2009 is going to be a Hasbro year with GI Joe and Transformers 2.

I know it's not Marvel but does anybody know when Christopher Nolan is planning to release his third Batman movie?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

I re-watched Fantastic Four this weekend (it was on FX or maybe it was the weekend before...). I hated it the first time, thought it was lame. The second time around I realized I just hated Julian McMahon (sp?) and Thing's costume. I missed the eyebrows. Was #2 any better?

• Disneyland PAP

^ IMO FF2 doesn't really add much, same humor, same lightness, but like I said, I enjoyed it for what it was. A lotta comic book fans were bummed at Galactus's look in the film, but I bought it. If you weren't impressed with FF1, I doubt you'll find FF2 worthwhile.

• Minion

I really think the FF movies set comic book movies back a few notches. When I first read that the Silver Surfer was coming to the screen, I was excited, but skeptical about how they include such a major character and backstory as a side note.

Of course, my suspicions were dead on. The butchered the character almost as bad as Spider-Man 3 did Venom. Almost..

• Diamond In The Rough

I think a key to successful future Marvel movies will be to keep them in the Marvel Universe established by these new, Marvel financed movies.

Hence Incredible Hulk, IronMan 2, Punisher: War Zone, Ant Man, Thor et al should have some crossover element, however minor.

(The Nick Fury scene in IronMan and Tony Stark's appearance in The Incredible Hulk should be just the beginning...)

Personally I'm excited to see how Edgar Wright handles Ant Man and it will be interesting to see if Matthew Vaughan can bring us a Thor that can realistically exist in the film universe established by IronMan.

Now that Marvel makes it own movies and saw fit to re-do the Hulk, what are the chances of a Daredevil reboot?

"I'm gettin' kind of fond of you, kid.
    Not that I want to pick out curtains or anything."

I haven't seen Iron Man yet but I've heard good reviews. My only wish is that they stop with this Ultimate crap that Marvel has but out for the past 5 years. Not one movie has been faithful to the original characters. Not one Marvel movie has been good. Perhaps Iron Man will change things.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Marvel extends Maisel deal, ups Feige

'Iron Man' producer Feige becomes studio president

By Borys Kit
    The Hollywood Reporter
    May 7, 2008, 02:03 PM

Days after the $100 million boxoffice smash opening of "Iron Man," Marvel Entertainment has extended the contract of Marvel Studios chairman David Maisel through 2010 and promoted Kevin Feige to president of Marvel Studios.

Maisel, who joined Marvel in 2003 and was named chairman of Marvel Studios last year, was responsible for the conception and execution of the company's film production initiative and for securing a $525 million nonrecourse loan facility to finance the strategy. He also serves as an executive producer on both "Iron Man" and "The Incredible Hulk."

Feige joined Marvel in 2000 and was named president of production in 2007. He produced both "Iron Man" and the upcoming revamp of "The Incredible Hulk," which Universal opens in June. Feige also is acting as producer of numerous Marvel Studios projects in development including "Iron Man 2," "Thor," "The First Avenger: Captain America" (working title), "The Avengers" and "Ant-Man." He is executive producing upcoming non-Marvel Studios films based on Marvel characters including "Punisher: War Zone" and "X-Men Origins: Wolverine."

"In their respective roles, David and Kevin have led Marvel into a bold new era," Marvel Entertainment chairman Morton Handel said. "Their creativity, energy and experience have been instrumental to the spectacular success of our film production and financing strategy."

Maisel has served in various posts at Marvel, including exec vp corporate development, vice chairman and president and COO of Marvel Studios. Before Marvel, he held senior management roles at Endeavor, CAA and Disney.

Feige has been involved in almost all theatrical productions based on Marvel characters in the past 10 years, and before joining Marvel in 2000, he worked for Lauren Shuler Donner and Richard Donner at their Warner Bros.-based company. There he received his first production credit, as associate producer on "X-Men."
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/...caaa296f57b048
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Quote Originally Posted by PeaJay18 View Post
    Now that Marvel makes it own movies and saw fit to re-do the Hulk, what are the chances of a Daredevil reboot?
    Not that he'd necessarily want to do another Marvel character film but,
    Jon Favreau would seem an interesting choice for the job. Moving from comic relief second banana in the first film to behind the camera (with the requisite cameo included) in a new one could provide a unique perspective. Particularly when promoted as being, "From the Director of 'Iron Man'...".
    Last edited by ALIASd; 05-07-2008 at 06:35 PM.
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• Infinitized!

Whatever Marvel releases in the future, the movies better have the obligatory Stan Lee cameo! I had a good laugh when they dressed him up as Hugh Hefner in Iron Man and wouldn't let him into the wedding in Fantastic Four 2.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

He was Hef in Iron Man? Stan Lee is so cool (wow that sounds nerdy).

The only thing I can see happening, however, is that they will keep going on with more sequels and more spin-offs, and that means they'll eventually have to get different actors to play the same characters or different directors that could hurt the films in the end.

Warner Brothers need to get there act together. We need Green Lanturn, Flash, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, and The Atom films plus Booster Gold.
    Goodbye, Me Bizarro is not Monkey Joe. Me Bizarro hates Disney parks so much. Hello

• Infinitized!

I was just looking at Wikipedia at the various Marvel and DC comics movies that have come out and are coming out. I was surprised that The Fountain with Hugh Jackman and Rachel Weisz was based on a DC graphic novel.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Collapse the waveform

Quote Originally Posted by Soulquarian View Post
    I really think the FF movies set comic book movies back a few notches. When I first read that the Silver Surfer was coming to the screen, I was excited, but skeptical about how they include such a major character and backstory as a side note.

Of course, my suspicions were dead on. The butchered the character almost as bad as Spider-Man 3 did Venom. Almost..
    I asked someone else on MC this when FF2 came out and never got an answer:

What about the Silver Surfer's character was butchered?

It seemed to me like they got it exactly right. He finds planets for Galactus to eat in exchange for Galactus not eating his homeworld. He has an attack of conscience when he meets the FF and turns on Galactus to save the Earth.

What else is there to the Silver Surfer's story? The movie hit all those points.
    Follow me on Twitter: @matthamand

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12