Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Businessman commits suicide by jumping off the top floor of the DLH Wonder Tower

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/a...de?slideshow=1

A man believed to be in his 30s or 40s apparently jumped to his death today from the 14th floor of the Disneyland Hotelís Wonder Tower, authorities said.
    Shortly after 11 a.m., police were called to investigate a possible suicide at 1150 Magic Way, said Anaheim police Sgt. Rick Martinez.
    The man, who has not been identified, jumped from a balcony in the hotelís south tower onto a parking lot, Martinez said.
    The man was in town on business and was staying in a room with a business associate; the business associate was in the room when the man jumped, Martinez said.
    The man was pronounced dead at the scene.
    Much more at the link.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Disneyland is your land.

Re: Businessman commits suicide by jumping off the top floor of the DLH Wonder Tower

My girlfriend said that one of her managers saw the incident happen. I don't know about you, but if I saw someone fall, jump, or whatever from a building that tall it would take me a long time to forget about it....
    Class of 2005...

• Shablagoo!

Re: Businessman commits suicide by jumping off the top floor of the DLH Wonder Tower

I hope that no kids saw that.

Quote Originally Posted by Melonballer View Post
    I hope that no kids saw that.

I know that would be so scary!

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mainstreetcm View Post
    My girlfriend said that one of her managers saw the incident happen. I don't know about you, but if I saw someone fall, jump, or whatever from a building that tall it would take me a long time to forget about it....
    My Grandma Ginny saw a man jump and plummet to his death in the late 1960's from a building in downtown Anaheim.....I believe it's one of the older buildings that still stands near City Hall around Anaheim Blvd......my Mom said that it was a very difficult thing for my Grandma to see. I never asked her about it because Mom said that it was very rough on Grandma......

I can't imagine seeing something like that....

That would be scary. We were just down there last weekend. I can't believe it. I certainly hope no kids or anyone for that matter, saw that.

• Disneyland is your land.

Quote Originally Posted by ohduggy View Post
    That would be scary. We were just down there last weekend. I can't believe it. I certainly hope no kids or anyone for that matter, saw that.
    I think it would be hard to get your vacation back on track after seeing something like that. This incident is just really crazy...
    Class of 2005...

• Dave

Blog Entries

I feel extremely sorry for him and his family. I think falling and being burned to death, would be my top two worst ways to go. I think when my time comes I hope, I just go in my sleep.
    My advise is if you find yourself getting that depressed get help.
    Dave

Does anyone know if the man left a suicide note or why he decided to jump in the first place? I never heard anymore than that fact he jumped from the 14th floor and what his approx age was. There's got to be more to this story, but I can't seem to find it anywhere.

• Banned User

I'm betting he'd received the bill shortly beforehand.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Retrocool View Post
    I'm betting he'd received the bill shortly beforehand.
    Real cold comment to make. I've had suicide in my family and a friend, and it's no laughing matter. I pray you never have to suffer such a thing.

• Hey it's that guy I am.

I find it a little creepy that the article says that the business associate was in the room when the man jump. Yeesh, bad juju all around.

• NEVER to Old To Fly...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by squashandstretch View Post
    I find it a little creepy that the article says that the business associate was in the room when the man jump. Yeesh, bad juju all around.
    Between the associate, doing it at the DLH, and in veiw of anyone who had the misfortune to see such a thing, he was probably making some sort of statement to the world, in his mind. Such a selfish act, made moreso by the circumstances.

It is too bad he didn't seek help. My thoughts and prayers go out to all who may have affected by this tragedy..
    -----------------------------------------------
    DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth

• formerly Gravey80

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFunGuy View Post
    Does anyone know if the man left a suicide note or why he decided to jump in the first place? I never heard anymore than that fact he jumped from the 14th floor and what his approx age was. There's got to be more to this story, but I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Nothing was stated that there was one. APD weren't going to state if there was one or not until family was notified. But knowing disney, It won't be in teh news. And if it is, they may not say anything about a note.

• Gawrsh!

Back in 2001 I saw a man jump from a LIRR train car into the tunnel heading into NYC. It still haunts me every day! It is unforgettable so I can imagine what witnesses were/are going through. I really hope no kids saw it. Terrible...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast