Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 'Iron Man 2'

• Disappearing/Reappearing

Re: 'Iron Man 2'

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post

I'll take my geek hat off now.
    I shall slip mine on. I am a total geek. I am SOOOOOOOOO excited about the next Ironman. The first was kick butt, man. RDJ played Tony SOOOO well.

*Okay...so, I nearly jumped out of my seat with anticipation when Terrence Howard looks at the other Iron suit and says "next time, baby". He HAS to come back as War Machine. HAS TO!

*I nearly shrieked with delight when they mentioned SHIELD.

*And I almost danced out of the theater when Col Nick Fury showed up talking about the Avengers.

==All three of these combined to convince me that there would not only be another movie....but, TWO movies and it gave me hope that they would be as awesome as this one was. JOY!

RDJ HAS to come back and play Ironman for that movie. I just couldn't imagine anyone doing a better job. He has Tony down SO well! the conceited, playboy, know it all. And I'm interested to see how they bring in Tony becoming an alcoholic.

Ya know...I wonder sometimes what Stan Lee thinks of all this. I mean, he's seen SO much of his work come onto the big screen and become MEGA successes with HUGE fan bases. Fantastic Four, SpiderMan, Ironman., Xmen. He's a genius.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

6/9/08
    Q: Any good news on contract talks between you and Marvel yet?

Jon Favreau:
    4- It’s been five weeks since the one and only phone call my reps have gotten from Marvel. I know their hands are full with the Hulk and I’m sure they will get into it shortly, as they tell me they intend to. I ran into the Marvel guys at the Hulk premiere and everyone sounded eager to get to work on IM2.

I am concerned, however, about the announced release date of April 2010. Neither Robert nor I were consulted about this and we are both concerned about how realistic the date is in light of the fact that we have no script, story or even writers hired yet. This genre of movie is best when it is done thoughtfully and with plenty of preparation. It might be better to follow the BB/DK, X/X2 three year release pattern than to scramble for a date. It is difficult because there are no Marvel 09 releases and they need product, but I also think we owe it to the fans to have a great version of IM2 and, at this point, we would have less time to make it than the first one.
    Q: most of Tony’s main villains were russian communist
    like Dynamic Dynamo, Titanium Man, Radioactive Man. and so on
    pretty much all Propaganda villains for communism.

to stay up to times. and yet keep the original origin.
    What villains would you like to personally see in the IM2 film?
    Jon Favreau:
    I think they would need to be updated, as is the case with the Mandarin.

Russia and China are still extremely fertile politically, albiet different, and I have many ideas as how to utilize today’s headlines as they speak to IM’s classic villians.
    http://forum.myspace.com/index.cfm?f...E4EEAC78873624
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• Look Right, Pick Up Phone

Spoilers about certain non-Iron Man movies. Do not read.

(Has been revealed by imdb's cast list and tv spots)

Spoiler
    Tony Stark has a small part in The Incredible Hulk

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

'Iron Man 2' has scribe circling

Justin Theroux in talks to pen the breakout hit's sequel

By Jay A. Fernandez
    The Hollywood Reporter
    July 15, 2008, 11:51 PM ET

Justin Theroux (Getty Images photos)

Tony Stark is working on a new suit.

Justin Theroux is in final negotiations with Marvel Studios to write "Iron Man 2," the sequel to this summer's breakout blockbuster.

"Iron Man," Marvel's first release, has banked $566 million worldwide since opening May 2. It was written by Mark Fergus & Hawk Ostby and Art Marcum & Matt Holloway and directed by Jon Favreau, who is in final negotiations to direct the sequel.

Paramount distributed the first film and will kick off the summer season two years hence with the sequel on April 30, 2010.

Theroux, repped by UTA and 3 Arts Entertainment, has story and screenplay credit, along with Ben Stiller, on next month's DreamWorks action-comedy "Tropic Thunder." He also is a producer on the movie.

Known primarily as an actor -- he's played everything from Jesus H. Christ ("The Ten"), John Hancock (HBO's "John Adams") and Evil DJ ("Zoolander") to the hapless director Adam Kesher in David Lynch's "Mulholland Dr." --

Theroux is on a career-changing tear. Last year he directed his first film, "Dedication," which the Weinstein Co. released.
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/...81e14b7dc463f7
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

Robert Downey Jr. on Iron Man Sequels

Source: RazorHawk
    August 15, 2008

Iron Man and Tropic Thunder star Robert Downey Jr. visited "Live with Regis and Kelly" this morning to promote the latter, but he was asked by Regis Philbin about Iron Man 2.

Downey Jr. would only confirm that it is happening and said he thought they would end up making a trilogy of it. He did, however, hint that he was willing to make more films beyond a trilogy!

Downey Jr. will soon start filming the Guy Ritchie-directed Sherlock Holmes and will then shoot Iron Man 2 for an April 30, 2010 release.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/ir...ws.php?id=7592

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

Favreau Gets to Work on Iron Man 2

August 21, 2008

The Los Angeles Times talked to Iron Man 2 director Jon Favreau, who says they have started working on the sequel:

I just talked to Jon Favreau a bit ago, and he said that while there hasn't been an formal announcement on the sequel to "Iron Man," he's begun developing it. "We're working on it now," he said, "which hasn't been officially announced. It will be released in 2010."

Marvel Studios and Paramount Pictures are targeting an April 30, 2010 release date in order to be the first film to kick-off that summer, much like Iron Man did on May 2nd of this year.

Justin Theroux (Tropic Thunder) is writing the script and in addition to Robert Downey Jr., the first film's co-stars Gwyneth Paltrow and Terrence Howard are expected to return as well.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=48140

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

Now on eBay thru 9/15/08:

Iron Man 2 VIP Experience

He’s the anti-superhero. Iron Man rocked the box office early this summer,
    and now you can be a part of the second installment.

You and your guest will enjoy:

• A visit to the set of Iron Man 2 (one shooting day)
      • Location of visit will be determined by Marvel based on scheduling of visit
    • A meet and greet with the cast
    • A walk-on/ extra role in the film for the auction winner
      • Role and length of screen time to be determined by Marvel
    • Photo tour of the set with an Iron Man unit photographer to document the tour. Professional photos will be given to the winner of the experience.
    • Tickets to the Los Angeles premiere for you and a guest
    • Winner and Guest will walk the premiere’s red carpet
    Who:

• The winner and/or any guest under the age of 18 must be accompanied by legal guardian
    • Liability and confidentiality contracts must be signed prior to set visit
    • Cast at meet and greet based on availability
    Last edited by ALIASd; 09-07-2008 at 11:47 AM.

• Infinitized!

Quote Originally Posted by ALIASd View Post
    Now on eBay thru 9/18/08:

Iron Man 2 VIP Experience
    Is there a link for this?

• Senior Minion

i want in
    Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

Quote Originally Posted by Barbossa View Post
    Is there a link for this?
    It's on eBay's homepage currently at $5100:

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

Jon Favreau Chats About Iron Man 2

Source: Los Angeles Times
    October 2, 2008

On Wednesday, Iron Man and Iron Man 2 director Jon Favreau participated in a live chat at the Los Angeles Times. While you can read the entire transcript there still, we've pulled out Favreau's answers to the questions that cover the sequel:
    We're playing with who the villain should be and what we should incorporate from the comic book. And how it will lead into the Avengers.

I'm working with Justin a writer. He's writing the first draft of the script. I'm working with a story board artist. As well as designing the costumes for good guys and bad guys.

I think its important for all filmmakers working for Marvel to collaborate so there is a consistency in the films, so yes they should keep in touch. I had not been in touch really with Louis during"Hulk" and I think that would have been helpful. I hope to be in contact with directors in the future.

No Dresden, but Marty and Elayne would make good supervillians.

Mandarin is still an important figure in the Iron Man universe. We have an interesting take on him that allows us to incorporate the whole pantheon of villains. The whole 10 Rings thing in IM 1 was a good tease for it.

The sequel is shaping up to incorporate Tony's vision for the future. What happens after he says "I am Iron Man?"

I focus mostly on story and character. I put a great value on emotion, humor and natural dialogue. The effects are fun to explore in original ways, but without a strong story, they mean nothing.

An earlier answer that scrambled: Now that marvel is making its own movies, every movie has to fit into the Marvel universe. the Avengers incorporates not just Iron Man, but Thor, possibly the Hulk and traditionally Captain America as well. As it is, it's scheduled Thor will come out the same summer as "Iron Man2" and Captain America will come out a few months before Avengers. All the films have to come together to create a consistent universe.That's very important to everyone involved.

Robert brought him to life "for real." I found a guy that embodied enough of the qualities of Tony Stark to imbue him with an emotional reality. Fergus and Ostby and Markum and Holloway added much to the equation as writers as well.

Happy Hogan can no longer be a wall flower. I must marry Pepper someday. And let's not rule out the Freak! I have tremendous leverage to make such demands! Stay tuned.

Shield is imortant to the franchise, and what is Shield without Fury?

The only other comic character I would do is Groo.

Full transcript at:
    Jon Favreau Chats About Iron Man 2 - ComingSoon.net

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

Marvel Studios has decided to make Raleigh Studios in Manhattan Beach its home base. Marvel will move its offices to the studio and will shoot "Iron Man 2," "Thor," "Captain America" and "The Avengers" there.
    News: Archaia sold, Marvel's new home, and more - Bags and Boards on Variety.com

• Happy Memories

Don Cheadle will be taking over the role of Jim Rhodes in the next film. I'm a huge fan of Cheadle's work, but I'm a little disappointed to see Terrence Howard not returning. I was really looking forward to him playing a larger role in the next installment. You can read the full story here: Cheadle replaces Howard in "Iron Man" sequel - Yahoo! News

• Disappearing/Reappearing

NO!!!!! Aw, man. I was looking forward to Terrence Howard putting on the suit. I like cheadle...but, it's not the same with different people playing the characters. That blows.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

Quote Originally Posted by Stitchy View Post
    it's not the same with different people playing the characters. That blows.
    Christian Bale has proven this wrong.

As Jack Nicholson once said to Michael Keaton: "Work the suit."

Don Cheadle is a far superior actor with a much larger international draw.

Don Cheadle joins 'Iron Man 2'

He'll replace Terrence Howard in Marvel Studios' sequel

By Borys Kit
    The Hollywood Reporter
    Oct 14, 2008, 01:00 AM ET

Don Cheadle, left, and Terrence Howard (Getty Images photos)

Don Cheadle is stepping in to replace Terrence Howard in "Iron Man 2," Marvel Studios' sequel to its summer blockbuster.

In the movie, Howard played Jim Rhodes, Tony Stark/Iron Man's best friend and future armor-clad hero War Machine. One scene featured Howard looking at a silver suit of armor and saying "Next time," a line that caused great delight for fans.

But there will be no next time for Howard.

Marvel had no comment, but sources close to the deal said negotiations with Howard fell through over financial differences, among other reasons. Marvel, which had wanted to work with Cheadle, then decided to take the role in another direction and approached the actor, who is shooting Antoine Fuqua's "Brooklyn's Finest" with Richard Gere and Ethan Hawke.

Rhodes is expected to play a larger part in the sequel, which is rumored to go beyond high-tech villains. Justin Theroux is writing the screenplay.
    Don Cheadle joins 'Iron Man 2'

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast