• My laughing place

Disney Stores part 2 ?

Quote:
    GLENDALE, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Aug. 16, 2005--Disney Store

-- New Store Features Dazzling Character Displays, Kid-Friendly Dressing Areas And Theater-Style Seating

Special guests and Disney Store executives will be on hand at Westfield Trumbull Mall this Sunday, August 21 to celebrate the grand opening of the first in a series of completely remodeled Disney Store locations designed to vividly capture the fun and fantasy of Disney in greater detail than ever before.

From the bright red entryway shaped like Mickey's iconic silhouette to the "Twirl Here" icon on the floor outside the Princess-themed girls' dressing area, the 5,000 square foot space in Westfield Trumbull Mall in Trumbull, CT is designed to give children and families an authentic Disney experience.

A stunning, 11-foot high "Sorcerer Mickey" is featured in the store's center, with an elliptical ceiling and sparkling, lenticular lighting overhead. Kids take center stage here, with lower product placement for easy access to little hands and a media wall area with kid-friendly, Donald and Daisy "duckbills" as seats. Tinkerbell flutters over a fantasy-themed dressing area with decor inspired by the Disney Princesses and Peter Pan-themed characters.

"Our goal is to make the Disney Store shopping experience really special and unique - with classic and contemporary Disney characters, the latest styles and designs, magical settings, and products that offer authentic Disney Store quality," said Mario Ciampi, President of Disney Store. "While people can't visit Disney's theme parks every day, they can have a terrific Disney experience right at their local mall."

Is this the rebirth of the Disney Stores ?? I'm starting to like Iger more and more. Its too bad he has to go behind Eisner and fix everything he screwed up !! Lets see..that still leaves The Disney Channel..Radio Disney and revamping DCA. Thats ALOT of work but maybe in ten years or so all the repairs will be complete !!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Re: Disney Stores part 2 ?

It still doesn't say anything about adult clothes and collectibles, so I won't hold my breath until I see the final result, and actually buy something in one of them.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Still holding the keys

Quote Originally Posted by DsnyFvr
    Quote:

Is this the rebirth of the Disney Stores ?? I'm starting to like Iger more and more. Its too bad he has to go behind Eisner and fix everything he screwed up !! Lets see..that still leaves The Disney Channel..Radio Disney and revamping DCA. Thats ALOT of work but maybe in ten years or so all the repairs will be complete !!

Disney doesn't own the Disney Store anymore, so Iger really has nothing to do with any new changes there. TDS is now owned by The Children's Place.

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by mongstrol
    Disney doesn't own the Disney Store anymore, so Iger really has nothing to do with any new changes there. TDS is now owned by The Children's Place.
    I just find it funny that the Children's Place can run the stor better than Disney can... However the Children's Place isn't exactly pulling a profit right now, even though the Disney Store unit is doing better now that it was before...

By the way, we cover the Disney Store as Disney News here at Mice Chat, even if it isn't part of the company... It still is disney, and they still purchase Disney Consumer products...
    Check out my other blog:

• Mice Chat Newbie

Has anyone seen photos of the 'new store'? I worked at a Disney Store from 95-01 and am so sad to see it go from something nice to what it is now. And not even owned my Disney anymore. Well, when I was working there, there were rumors of Sears buying it.