Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Disney Memory Maker

LOST: The Thread

I know that there are a lot of other people on the board besides me who love the show Lost. And judging by my counter, we have a bit less than 36 days left. This is the thread to talk about all your theories (and believe me, I have heard wierd ones).

We all know that they answered hardly any questions in last season's finale. And for each question they did answer, they left 3 new mysteries. So what does everyone think....

1) Are those pirate looking guys really the "Others"?
    2) What will happen to Michael, Sawyer & Jin? (last we saw, they were drowning at sea)
    3) What the heck is in that hatch?
    4) Was Ethan one of the others?
    5) Why does the Island need a security system?
    6) How did they get to the Island (as in why did the plane crash)?
    7) What is up with those numbers? (4 8 15 16 23 42)
    8) What will happen next season?
    9) Why is Locke so spooky?
    10) Why is Walt so spooky (and why was he needed)?
    11) Who is your favorite castaway?
    12) What happened to Rose?
    13) Will Hurley lose weight?
    14) Are there survivors from the other half of the plane on the Island?
    15) Why are there polar bears on the Island (and why does it always appear with Hurley's/Walt's comic book?

And also anything else about the show I may have missed.

If you haven't already, I'd recommend going to Oceanic-Air, and clicking on the number on the bottom in this order "4-8-15-16-23-42" and you'll see Season 2's teaser trailer. (Note that this site is official)

Talk about any theory you want (Pandoras Box, A Wrinkle in Time, etc), there's just one thing that shouldn't be talked about...they are not in purgatory!

-Michael
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

• Circle of Ancients

Re: LOST: The Thread

I love Lost!!! I don't know the answer to any of your questions, but have theories about a couple of them.

1) Are those pirate looking guys really the "Others"? - YES
    2) What will happen to Michael, Sawyer & Jin? (last we saw, they were drowning at sea) - They will be saved
    4) Was Ethan one of the others? - NO
    5) Why does the Island need a security system? - To keep people ON the island, not to keep them OFF
    10) Why is Walt so spooky (and why was he needed)? - Yes, but he won't survive IMO. Remember, they have only been on the island for a bit over a month. The kid who plays Walt is going to age too quickly. Even saw a little of that towards the end of last year.
    11) Who is your favorite castaway? - Hurley or Charlie, but I love everybody in the cast. They are ALL so good.
    13) Will Hurley lose weight? - Remember, the time of the shows isn't real time. They have only been on the island for a little over a month.
    14) Are there survivors from the other half of the plane on the Island? - Yes, which is why there are new actors joining the show this season.

• Waiting for the stork

1) Are those pirate looking guys really the "Others"?
    2) What will happen to Michael, Sawyer & Jin? (last we saw, they were drowning at sea)They get saved, but by something or someone we have not meet yet
    3) What the heck is in that hatch?very bad news
    4) Was Ethan one of the others?
    5) Why does the Island need a security system?
    6) How did they get to the Island (as in why did the plane crash)?see my answer to #10
    7) What is up with those numbers? (4 8 15 16 23 42)
    8) What will happen next season?
    9) Why is Locke so spooky?
    10) Why is Walt so spooky (and why was he needed)?I think Walt is the reason they crashed...when he is in a highly emotional state he can make things happen, but does not yet understand how & why, I believe he was pissy about going with Michael and was looking at the what to do in the event of a crash flyers (you know, the seat cushion as a floatation device ones) and seething about his situation, consequntly the plane went down, I think we will find him to be a key to many things....however as another post said, he will age out very quickly, and something tragic will happen.
    11) Who is your favorite castaway?Kate & Sawyer
    12) What happened to Rose?
    13) Will Hurley lose weight?well, he'll have to to keep with the starvation...no food plot
    14) Are there survivors from the other half of the plane on the Island?probably
    15) Why are there polar bears on the Island (and why does it always appear with Hurley's/Walt's comic book?Same reason as my earlier comment about Walt, that kid has strong phycic abilities

Just my opinion
    procrastibating

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

I read in an article in some magazine that we at least find out what's in that hatch in the first episode this season. Of course, I'm sure it will leave 8 million other questions to answer. Why does this show have to be so puzzling? And why in the world did UPN decide to put Veronica Mars up against it? That's suicide for Veronica, which is a shame, because I love that show just as much as Lost.

How many more days until it starts?
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Disney Memory Maker

1) Are those pirate looking guys really the "Others"? Yes they are (or at least they are some of the Others
    2) What will happen to Michael, Sawyer & Jin? (last we saw, they were drowning at sea) 2 of them will somehow make it back to the island & the 3rd will die
    3) What the heck is in that hatch? I'm wondering more how they will find out what's in the hatch rather than what is in it. The ladder only went down a few feet and it was broken past there.
    4) Was Ethan one of the others? Yes. Ethan is too spooky to be a good guy. I think he took Claire and determined her baby wasn't the right child.
    5) Why does the Island need a security system? This one I can't answer
    6) How did they get to the Island (as in why did the plane crash)? I think it's a mixture of everyone (Walt's powers, claire's psychic, Hurley's numbers, etc)
    7) What is up with those numbers? (4 8 15 16 23 42) I don't know but I think it's going to be a big part in the show
    8) What will happen next season? Hopefully a lot
    9) Why is Locke so spooky? I have no clue. And I also don't know how he can walk again, why he temperarily got paralyzed with Boone or why the hatch needed a sacrafice.
    10) Why is Walt so spooky (and why was he needed)? I Walt has a lot of powers, but I'm curious why he was the chosen one even though Claires psychic clearly warned her about her baby.
    11) Who is your favorite castaway? Hurley. Besides being the funniest one, I think he is the most important character in the story. It was his magazine that sent the Polar Bears. He is the one with the numbers (the numbers that are tieing the whole show together). He is the guy that's having all the unlucky stuff happening to people he know
    12) What happened to Rose? I have no clue
    13) Will Hurley lose weight? I hope not
    14) Are there survivors from the other half of the plane on the Island? Yes
    15) Why are there polar bears on the Island (and why does it always appear with Hurley's/Walt's comic book? No Clue

Out of all the theories, my favorite is the Wrinkle in Time theory. It all came from that one guy (the original numbers guy) who mentioned a tesseract (basically a 4D figure). In WiT, a tesseract was a portal, a doorway which you can pass through and emerge far away from the starting point, as if the two distant points were brought together at one intersection (at the tesseract doorway) by the folding of space, enabling near-instantaneous transportation. This was also helped by the fact that Sawyer was reading WiT on the Island.

-Michael
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

• Disney Memory Maker

Here are some must-read articles for LOST fans (and some quotes from them)...

Article 1
    The Hatch
    Lost will plunge into the mysterious hatch in its first episode, series co-creator Damon Lindelof says.

"You will see everything that's in there. What is in there will change everything about how they live on the island," Lindelof says. "We are erring on the side of giving away too much as opposed to being too vague."
    "There aren't aliens in there," he says. "There isn't a time-travel portal. They aren't going to find a ship they blast off into space."
    The Raft-ees
    "If they will reconvene with the main group becomes the story fodder of the first seven or eight episodes," Lindelof says.
    The numbers and the answers
    Michelle Rodriguez joins the cast as a passenger who was in the tail section and who survived elsewhere on the island. The recurring numbers -- on the flight, hatch and lottery ticket -- will become "the driving and fundamental plot point of the second season," Lindelof says. Viewers will know how the plane crashed by season two's end, he promises.
    Article 2

Also, there is some LOST items found in the ABC Comissary now including an autographed photo, Boone's plane ticket, Charlie's shoes, Jack's shirt, a doll & a script.

-Michael
    Last edited by TheDisneyInquisitor; 08-16-2005 at 08:57 PM.

• Waiting for the stork

I compleatly forgot Sawyer was reading a wrinkle in time.....that will be a key to this.

2) What will happen to Michael, Sawyer & Jin? (last we saw, they were drowning at sea) 2 of them will somehow make it back to the island & the 3rd will die
    Great theory. But which two? personaly I think Jin would be the one to not make it back, for the simple fact of a heartbreak would add more of the emotional energy that the island needs...remember just before they left he and his wife made up....to lose him now would devistate her.
    That being said It could also be Michael for a lot of the same reasons with Walts emotions, but I find this less likely because as Walts father he will do anything to get Walt back...would the others? not really sure.
    I doubt it would be Saywer for purely superficial reasons....(sex appeal) every show has it, and he adds to that (wow)

sorry guys, just have to be honest
    procrastibating

• Disney Memory Maker

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle
    Great theory. But which two? personaly I think Jin would be the one to not make it back, for the simple fact of a heartbreak would add more of the emotional energy that the island needs...remember just before they left he and his wife made up....to lose him now would devistate her.
    I was thinking Jin too. Season 2's premise on ABCMediaNet says that Sun is starting to rely less on Jin wondering whether he is alive. To me, one of those raft-ees have to die. There needs to be some sort of emotional story at sea. But to kill more than one would be mean to the viewers.

-Michael

• Circle of Ancients

^ I agree that one has to go. But I really like the Jin character, and I think he has alot more to add to the show than the Michael character. Although the actor who plays Michael (Harold Perrineu, he was on OZ) is terrific. Heck, let's face it, all of the actors in this show are terrific.

• Disney Memory Maker

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot
    Heck, let's face it, all of the actors in this show are terrific.
    I definately agree with you on that. The actors/actresses on Lost are amazing. I think the best are Locke, Kate & Sayid. I'm surprised that only 2 of them got Emmy nods.

-Michael

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle
    10) Why is Walt so spooky (and why was he needed)?I think Walt is the reason they crashed...when he is in a highly emotional state he can make things happen, but does not yet understand how & why, I believe he was pissy about going with Michael and was looking at the what to do in the event of a crash flyers (you know, the seat cushion as a floatation device ones) and seething about his situation, consequntly the plane went down, I think we will find him to be a key to many things....however as another post said, he will age out very quickly, and something tragic will happen.

My thought was that at some point, everyone on the plane was trapped in a desparate situation, due to their individual backstories, and they collectively willed the plane down. Like at one split second, they all hoped for a plane crash as if it would be easier than having to go home and deal with their problems. One of those "life would be easier for everyone if I was just dead" kind of things, especially Hurley who brings his bad luck everywhere he goes. None of them had anything to look forward to when they finally arrived in LA.
    A signature should go here.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SusieP.
    My thought was that at some point, everyone on the plane was trapped in a desparate situation, due to their individual backstories, and they collectively willed the plane down. Like at one split second, they all hoped for a plane crash as if it would be easier than having to go home and deal with their problems. One of those "life would be easier for everyone if I was just dead" kind of things, especially Hurley who brings his bad luck everywhere he goes. None of them had anything to look forward to when they finally arrived in LA.
    That's a very profound thought. It definitely makes sense, though with Hurley we still have to figure out those numbers. And we still have to sort through a lot of backstories...there were a lot of people on that plane.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• <3

Lost Bar - It's where we come together in true DMCA style.
    Blog Entries

We absolutely love this show in our house! We always make sure the kids are in bed on time and then we watch after it has recorded on TiVo so we can fast-forward the commercials. My thoughts...

1) Are those pirate looking guys really the &quot;Others&quot;? I believe they are.
    2) What will happen to Michael, Sawyer & Jin? (last we saw, they were drowning at sea) I think they will all be rescued. Sawyer was shot before falling into the water, right? I'm hoping they all survive. Maybe there are more &quot;others&quot; who aren't so evil and will pick them up.
    3) What the heck is in that hatch? Maybe some sort of underground city? LOL, I have no idea.
    4) Was Ethan one of the others? Yes! Freakish strength and so angry and kept saying they wanted &quot;the boy&quot; although he got the wrong boy, I guess.
    5) Why does the Island need a security system? It's obviously got some really big secrets to keep!
    6) How did they get to the Island (as in why did the plane crash)? Something paranormal pulled them in that direction. It's been shown that they are all on the plane for a reason (at least the ones we know) so fate has been working to get them there.
    7) What is up with those numbers? (4 8 15 16 23 42) Can't wait to find out more about them. I've read posts before that show how those #'s have been used in all the episodes and it's quite freaky how they keep putting them in. (like when Hurley was racing for the airport, he passed a soccer team and their jersey's had those numbers in order as he ran past them!)
    8) What will happen next season? Who knows?! I don't even really know what happened THIS season!?
    9) Why is Locke so spooky? Not a clue!
    10) Why is Walt so spooky (and why was he needed)? Again, not a clue!
    11) Who is your favorite castaway? Kate
    12) What happened to Rose? She's still there, just in the background.
    13) Will Hurley lose weight? No.
    14) Are there survivors from the other half of the plane on the Island? I think there are.
    15) Why are there polar bears on the Island (and why does it always appear with Hurley's/Walt's comic book? I think Walt conjured them up with his freaky mind powers, LOL!

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth."
    — Mark Twain

• off in lala land

Well we also caught the Lost bug this summer. We were so caught up in the drama that I used Limewire to download the whole season! We ended up watching the whole season in a matter of days, it was EXTREMELY compelling. I am eager for season 2 to start!

Now on to the survey

1) Are those pirate looking guys really the "Others"? Yes
    2) What will happen to Michael, Sawyer & Jin? (last we saw, they were drowning at sea) They will stay afloat in the water for a few days
    3) What the heck is in that hatch? It's s tunnel that leads to the center of the island
    4) Was Ethan one of the others? Yes
    5) Why does the Island need a security system? Secret Government experiment.
    6) How did they get to the Island (as in why did the plane crash)? Destiny, most people had some predetermination of having to be there. Walt, Claire, Hurley
    7) What is up with those numbers? (4 8 15 16 23 42) Not sure yet
    8) What will happen next season? The back half of the plane will be located with survivors
    9) Why is Locke so spooky? Not sure
    10) Why is Walt so spooky (and why was he needed)? Not sure
    11) Who is your favorite castaway? I like Kate
    12) What happened to Rose? She is still alive
    13) Will Hurley lose weight? I am still waiting to see it, one belt knotch my a**.
    14) Are there survivors from the other half of the plane on the Island? Yes, see #8
    15) Why are there polar bears on the Island (and why does it always appear with Hurley's/Walt's comic book? Part of Walt making things happen.
    ...it's been a long time.

• 0 to 200 mph in 1 second!

The Disney AP calendar on my wall says that the Season 1 DVD set will be released on September 6 (WOOHOO!!!); when does Season 2 begin? I seem to recall hearing that the network didn't want to start airing it until a bit later in the season.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast