Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Circle of Ancients

Survivor and Amazing Race

http://www.cbs.com/

CBS.Com has revealed the cast of The Amazing Race and Survivor: Guatemala.

I love these two shows and can't wait for them to start.

The Amazing Race is going "Family" this year. Although I find it ironic that the only "Black" family is called the Black Family.

Can't decide who is the hottest chick on Survivor this year, to be honest, the pictures displayed didn't do anything for me. The hottest chick on The Amazing Race has to be the Britney chick though.

I thought this was posted before, but I didn't see it.

• Just Me

Re: Survivor and Amazing Race

The family idea for TAR seems a little srewy to me. 2 Of the teams have little kids, but the rest the kids are late teens to early 20's. One or 2 of them don't have any kids at all, they are all adults. Somehow that doesn't seem fair to me.

Survivor seems to have finally gotten the understanding that they don't have to only have eye candy to get people to watch. So far the cast looks like a good mix.

• Man O Lantern

I can NOT wait for the season to begin. These are the only shows that I look forward to allllll summer.

We watch Survivor as a family every week. We're all really really into it, even our four year old (she doesn't actually remember life without Survivor--I was pregnant with her during Season 1! ). It's the only show the girls are allowed to watch that's not on PBS.

Amazing Race is a special show to me and my oldest daughter. It's the first TV show that she's been able to stay up later than her sisters and watch with me. She also gets to watch American Idol that night, too. It's the only night I let her watch AI, since I hate it.

I can't wait. I get so excited for these shows. Pathetic, huh?? But I don't care.

• My cuties!

Amazing Race is hands down my favorite "reality" show!!! I was thrilled that Rob and Amber lost!! I think they were getting inside help to get as far as they did. Can't wait for the new season! My husband really wants us to try out but I don't think I could be away from my kiddos for a month! He did send in an application for Survivor a few years ago but didn't hear anything.

• <3

Lost Bar - It's where we come together in true DMCA style.
    Blog Entries

I can't wait for these two shows to start, either. Love them all!

I thought the Amazing Race teams looked pretty uneven with some having little kids, too. I thought it might be more evened out with the ages. I can't think of much they can do to give those teams a fair chance, except maybe LOTS of bunching up at train stations and airports? Or lots of things where the little ones could do them easier due to size? No idea, but I can't wait for it to start!

My husband made me go look up the Survivor cast last week so he could see what ex-NFL player was going to be on it, LOL. They do look interesting, let's hope they are.

Do any of you watch Battle of the Reality TV Stars on Bravo? I don't but I know that this season Chip and Kim will be on, I loved them. Also, Charla and Myrna from Amazing Race. Richard Hatch and Sue Hawk from Survivor, too. Sounds good!

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth."
    Mark Twain

• My cuties!

Loved Chip and Kim!! Couldn't stand Myrna and Shmyrna/Charla!!

Isn't the next AR all in the US?

• See what I got?

Twinmom: I agree with you on everything! I would LOVE to be on that show, but I have a 2 1/2 DS and another on the way. It would be a LOOOOOONG time before I could even try out! On Charla, I love how they always were like, she's little, how dare they treat her like that! And then she was like, "I just wanted to show the world what little people could do." To be fair though, she was sturdier than Myrna, even if she was small. Nothing against small people, by the way. Oh, and just a little note, to see info on the Amazing Race Team members, you can find it at http://www.cbs.com/primetime/amazing_race8/.

• Lights on Nobody Home

Did anyone catch the Amazing race tonight? It looked like some pretty interesting family dynamics. Too bad the last family got voted out, they actually seemed very likable.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot
    The Amazing Race is going "Family" this year. Although I find it ironic that the only "Black" family is called the Black Family.
    Luckily we found out tonight that "Black" is actually their family name, not a social comment! I really like those kids and was sad to see them eliminated tonight.
    A signature should go here.

• Again! Again! Again!

Survivor is brutal this season.

Amazing Race was OK tonight. Still not sure about the family thing. It was sad to see the little kids go. Phil said in the TV Guide that the Pit Stops were going to be more emotional and tough because he was going to have to tell kids they are eliminated. There are a couple teams that I like, but I can't get a real feeling about them until the race is further in! Gotta see how they react and play!
    Founding member of the B.A. I LOVE US!!
    FratSor Sister-Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ
    I bring the magic!!!
    "If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the bottom to catch them"
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend DMother
    Girl bonding is just so necessary. It's just as important as "me" time. A good girl bonding session leaves you feeling so refreshed. I think of it as a NEED vs a want. There are just things that you need to talk to other women with. You may have the best relationship in the world with your husband, but there are just times you need your girlfriends. It makes for a healthier and happier you which makes everything else you do better.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • It's SisterP Time!

Blog Entries

I think we will be lucky to see all the folks make it thru on Survivor. So many people having problems this early in the game does not bode well.

I'm meh on the Amazing Race so far. I LOVE the show but do not like the family premise. I don't think its fair to see families with little kids racing against families with all adults and I don't like to see families in self destruct mode. We'll see if it gets better as it progresses.

• Original Mice-Chatter

I am wondering if the AR will even leave the US! They are still here next week- in the middle of some Civil War Re-enactment.

• Man O Lantern

I love AR, but the kids....they make me sad. I wonder how positive the parents can be under the pressure of competition. I wouldn't bring my kids on a show like that, not even my ten year old. She's still a kid. She's still sensitive and she needs down-time.

People seem much more helpful to one another so far. What's up with that??

Okay, admit it. Did you giggle every time they were called the Black family? When they went "1, 2, 3, Black family!" did you chuckle? My husband and I did (we watched it together at 11 p.m. when I got home from Bunko, so Courtney wasn't with us). If we believed in hell, we'd be going there.

The rest of the families are all WHITE. What is UP with that? Is that really representative of who tries out for the show? Ugh.

The Paolo family. I want to take them all out and slap them speechless one-by-one.

The dad, step-mom, kids team.....the dad is so wicked. I him. What a jerk! I kept rewinding.....did he just say that? Why, yes he did.

The four sisters did well. Good for them!

The guy with the sons-in-law.....I thought that was an awesome idea. I told my husband, that's you someday! Or the dad with the three grown daughters who pick on him.

The widow....when she got run over I was horrified. Then I got the giggles....dad gets hit by a racecar, mom gets hit by a buggy. I could NOT stop laughing. I'm SO going to hell.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • It's SisterP Time!

Blog Entries

well stinkerbell, I've got my fastpass, so I'll get there quicker than you!

• That one girl.

I watched AR last night. I think I like the family with the 2 little ones. When they were singing "She'll be Comn Round The Mountain" while riding inthe buggy, I was busting a gut laughing. They might get on my nerves later on in the race, but for now, I think they are great contenders. That's a tough little girl. She was alot tougher that the littlest kid of the Black family. He was a total wimp. as soon as I heard him say "I can't" while rowing the boat, I knew they were gonners. and then he fell in the mud and needed help getting out. he just wasn't ready for this challenge.

I like the 3brother and 1 sister team. They are gonna be fun to watch, i can tell. I also liked the dad and 3 daughters. next week it looks like they hit some trouble though, with dad not being able to keep up. Hmm...

The dad and sons-in-law team seems strong too. I HATE the pink ladies aka the desperate housewives aka the silicones. HAHA. the 4 sisters. They were really annoying, but they won, so who knows.

The widow and kids team, they are really loud and hyper. not sure how long I can stomach them.

the fueding family with the 2 boys. I don't think they are going to last too much longer. the mom is going to lose it soon, I can just tell.

but over all it was a good season opener. it'll take some time to learn the names and see the true family dynamics but I think it will be a good race. I'm a little disappointed that they are staying in the US. I like seeing the other parts of the world. But I guess I haven't seen much of the US either, though.
    Well, I think you're crazy, I think you're crazy, I think you're crazy, just like me.

For new music click below!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast