View Poll Results: Rank The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5 Stars - Great movie

    10 25.00%
  • 4 Stars - Pretty good movie

    20 50.00%
  • 3 Stars - Okay movie

    7 17.50%
  • 2 Stars - It could have been better

    3 7.50%
  • 1 Star - It was bad, they should have stopped after the first movie.

    0 0%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 61
  1. #16

    • MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    17,659
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian (MiceChat Reviews)

    I'm thinking about going to see it. I'm not a major Narnia fan, but it does look interesting.

  2. #17

    • Faith, Trust & Pixie dust
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Pennsylvania6-5000
    Posts
    2,368

    Re: Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian (MiceChat Reviews)

    My family saw the movie on Saturday and we all enjoyed it. It was fun to see the kids again and how they have changed but it was also sad that none of the other characters showed up, exept Aslan and a scene with the white queen. I understand the the characters from the first one are all dead, but stilll, I missed them.

    Some of the new characters were cute and fun to see and the action was thrilling. The comic relief was much needed in this darker film and the ending made me sad. I am looking forward to the next film.

    Overall I enjoyed the first film better, but if you see the first one, why wouldn't you see the next? It was a pleasant way to spend part of a Saturday. (We go to the movies every week!)

  3. #18

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    1,278

    Re: Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian (MiceChat Reviews)

    Quote Originally Posted by Nancywitt View Post
    ... it was also sad that none of the other characters showed up, exept Aslan and a scene with the white queen. I understand the the characters from the first one are all dead, but stilll, I missed them.
    I completely understand what you mean. I think that's one of the problems with the series - the character list essentially keep changing with each book. In the next one, Susan and Peter won't even go back to Narnia, so will their characters be in it at all?

    I absolutely loved the film but their were times when I felt like it was almost a children's version of LOTR. It was hard not to draw comparisons to Helm's Deep. Honestly though, I think I actually like it better than Lord of the Rings.

  4. #19

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    929

    Re: Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian (MiceChat Reviews)

    Quote Originally Posted by kirbilicious View Post
    In the next one, Susan and Peter won't even go back to Narnia, so will their characters be in it at all?
    Well, if Lucy and Edmund go (which is pretty much already predicted by Aslan), they could still start the next film in England and show Lucy and Edmund's journey getting there. So potentially they could be, if the directors choose to go that way.

  5. #20

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    1,278

    Re: Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian (MiceChat Reviews)

    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyDishwasher View Post
    Well, if Lucy and Edmund go (which is pretty much already predicted by Aslan), they could still start the next film in England and show Lucy and Edmund's journey getting there. So potentially they could be, if the directors choose to go that way.
    I thought about that but they would still only be in the movie very briefly and not the stars any more. It's a bit saddening.

  6. #21

    • MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    12.5 minutes from Disneyland
    Posts
    14,007
    Blog Entries
    9

    Re: Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian (MiceChat Reviews)

    Quote Originally Posted by kirbilicious View Post
    I completely understand what you mean. I think that's one of the problems with the series - the character list essentially keep changing with each book. In the next one, Susan and Peter won't even go back to Narnia, so will their characters be in it at all?

    I absolutely loved the film but their were times when I felt like it was almost a children's version of LOTR. It was hard not to draw comparisons to Helm's Deep. Honestly though, I think I actually like it better than Lord of the Rings.

    It's easy to tell that Tolkein and Lewis hung out together. I don't remember who came up with the idea of waking the trees and having them head off to war first, but my hunch is Tolkein. Both of them were using ideas and themes from mythology.

    Also easy to tell that JK Rowling was a fan of the Lewis books as a child, and has stated that she has read them to her kids. I think many of her ideas for the centaurs came from Prince Caspian.


    BTW - I was just looking at the box office for Caspian. 56 million is nothing to sneeze at for an opening weekend. Not exactly Spiderman, but to me it seems respectable. If they clear 100 million, I can't imagine why they would pull the plug on the series. It left Iron Man in the weeds.

  7. #22

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    1,278

    Re: Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian (MiceChat Reviews)

    Quote Originally Posted by Mac Daddy View Post
    It's easy to tell that Tolkein and Lewis hung out together. I don't remember who came up with the idea of waking the trees and having them head off to war first, but my hunch is Tolkein. Both of them were using ideas and themes from mythology.

    Also easy to tell that JK Rowling was a fan of the Lewis books as a child, and has stated that she has read them to her kids. I think many of her ideas for the centaurs came from Prince Caspian.


    BTW - I was just looking at the box office for Caspian. 56 million is nothing to sneeze at for an opening weekend. Not exactly Spiderman, but to me it seems respectable. If they clear 100 million, I can't imagine why they would pull the plug on the series. It left Iron Man in the weeds.
    Agreed, it is definitely obvious they were friends. I saw a lot of other similarities such as them defending an old structure with no way out, the buildings of the army were similar, etc... I don't mind though because I absolutely love both.

    I was disappointed with the 56 million though. It's definitely below expectations. I think it would have fared better with a December release like its predecessor. I really hope they don't pull the plug on the series. Hopefully it'll pull in some high numbers internationally.

  8. #23

    • Faith, Trust & Pixie dust
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Pennsylvania6-5000
    Posts
    2,368

    Re: Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian (MiceChat Reviews)

    Only $56 million? Wow, I thought it would be $100 million. I wonder if the economy is having an effect here. Maybe more people are staying home and renting movies. What a shame. A movie like this needs to be seen on the big screen.

    I did read that they were going to go ahead with the next one, Voyage of the Dawn Treader.

  9. #24

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Colorado, US
    Posts
    2,110

    Re: Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian (MiceChat Reviews)

    $56 Million US, and $20 International for opening weekend. Which isn't Iron Man numbers, but still very good ($65 million US for The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe opening weekend). It's biggest hurdle will be Indy 4 next weekend, and obviously Speed Racer turned out to be a bust.

    The comparisons between Lord of the Rings and Narnia have long been around, and since Disney(Eisner) passed on LOTR, and it's eventual box office success made everybody scramble to find a similar franchise that could be exploited. Narnia is a better fit with Disney than Lord of the RIngs could be (under the Disney banner) so it was a nice 'second chance' for them.

    The bigger long term drawback is that, as already mentioned the cast of characters change even more so as the books progress so the emotional attachment to The Pevenses won't carry over film after film. Add to the fact that the kids are growing up faster than they are making the films. Shame they didn't film all the kids stuff simultaneously so they would not age so much from one film to the next.

    I figure the film will top out at about $185 million domestic.

  10. #25

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Colorado, US
    Posts
    2,110

    Re: Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian (MiceChat Reviews)

    Oh, yeah, forgot to mention that I really liked the film, and is paced better than the first one.

    I can hardly wait for the extended cut DVD (where the film will make it's BIG money.)

  11. #26

    • Delawarean Girl
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Delaware,USA
    Posts
    14,961

    Re: Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian (MiceChat Reviews)

    Quote Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler View Post
    I'm thinking about going to see it. I'm not a major Narnia fan, but it does look interesting.
    I looked at it the sameway pretty much. I'm not a big fan. But yet I don't mind seeing it.

  12. #27

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    833

    Re: Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian (MiceChat Reviews)

    I think Narnia has a good chance of keeping up through Memorial Day Weekend.

    I personally was surprised that the so-called expert box office estimations were that high (around $80 million). I hope people don't think of it as a failure because it did not meet these expectations and not see it because of this.

  13. #28

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    1,278

    Re: Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian (MiceChat Reviews)

    Quote Originally Posted by sailerm View Post

    The bigger long term drawback is that, as already mentioned the cast of characters change even more so as the books progress so the emotional attachment to The Pevenses won't carry over film after film. Add to the fact that the kids are growing up faster than they are making the films. Shame they didn't film all the kids stuff simultaneously so they would not age so much from one film to the next.
    This problem could make it impossible to ever finish the series if they really wanted to as The Horse and His Boy takes place while the Pevensie children are ruling Narnia, unless the story takes place after they've grown a bit. I guess now that I think about it that probably wouldn't be much of a problem.

  14. #29

    • Oh... it's a bobby pin.
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Oakley, CA.
    Posts
    2,249

    Re: Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian (MiceChat Reviews)

    I did like the movie, but Reepicheep was comic relief! YUCK. He was supposed to be courageous and valiant, and he was in the first part of the movie, but then they made him the funny guy. :/ Booo.

    To live would be an awfully big adventure.

  15. #30

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Southaven, MS
    Posts
    636

    Re: Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian (MiceChat Reviews)

    I liked it. I've never read the books and I didn't watch the entire first movie. However, after having read a summary of the whole series online, it will be weird to watch it now that I know the whole meaning of it.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. 'The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian'
    By ALIASd in forum MiceChat News Archive
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 05-25-2008, 01:58 PM
  2. Prince Caspian: The Chronicles of Narnia Movie Trailer
    By Mad Madame Momba in forum MiceChat News Archive
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-13-2007, 06:07 AM
  3. Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian postponed
    By Mr. Yeti in forum MiceChat News Archive
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-20-2007, 04:21 PM
  4. Chronicles Of Narnia: Prince Caspian Game First Look
    By tjcjr in forum MiceChat News Archive
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-27-2007, 11:55 AM
  5. Win a trip to 'The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian' set!
    By ALIASd in forum MiceChat News Archive
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-09-2006, 10:40 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •