• 5 Stars - Great movie

10 25.00%
  • 4 Stars - Pretty good movie

20 50.00%
  • 3 Stars - Okay movie

7 17.50%
  • 2 Stars - It could have been better

3 7.50%
  • 1 Star - It was bad, they should have stopped after the first movie.

0 0%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Re: Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian (MiceChat Reviews)

I never read the books but liked the first movie. I'm curious to see Prince Caspian, but I have to be in the right mood for a movie like that.

And I bet the sucky economy does have something to do with the weekend numbers. Movies are very expensive to to to these days ($10+ a pop for a non-matinée and then another $10+ for popcorn and drinks... it's insane).

Yet I think Indy is going to blow everything out of the water over the holiday weekend.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kirbilicious View Post
    This problem could make it impossible to ever finish the series if they really wanted to as The Horse and His Boy takes place while the Pevensie children are ruling Narnia, unless the story takes place after they've grown a bit. I guess now that I think about it that probably wouldn't be much of a problem.
    I've always assumed they would skip this story as it is virtually outside of Narnia the whole time and no connection with our world. I think it would be hard to audiences to connect with it until they saw the Pevensie kids.

As for the age issue, I believe it does take place quite a few years after they've been in Narnia. I would think Susan would be in her early 20's.

• Dave

Blog Entries

Question Re: Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian (MiceChat Reviews)

I really liked the movie. I just started reading "The Magician's Nephew" to my kids, and from what I've read it seams to begin before "The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe". Granted We just finished reading chapter 1 and so far it seems really good. Any thoughts, why it wasn't done first? The only reason I think is, because more people are familiar with one than the other.
    Dave

I'm going to see prince caspin today . i'm looking forward to it

• Avid MC reader since 2005

We went this weekend and loved it. I enjoyed it even more than the first. I am more familiar with the first book though, so that might have something to do with it. I thought it moved along well and held my interest the entire way. The acting was great and the cg effects were amazing. It gets a five from me with a strong recommendation for those of you who have not seen it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by bigwavedave View Post
    I really liked the movie. I just started reading "The Magician's Nephew" to my kids, and from what I've read it seams to begin before "The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe". Granted We just finished reading chapter 1 and so far it seems really good. Any thoughts, why it wasn't done first? The only reason I think is, because more people are familiar with one than the other.
    I believe that was the prequel to the The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe. But I think it wasn't written first (the Narnia books were written out of order).

The Magician's Nephew doesn't include the Pevensie kids, and I think Disney wanted to concentrate on them. Also, like you said, people are probably more familiar with The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe.

I found this film to be interesting. I really enjoyed everything that they added to the book. I was really impressed with the addition of characterization that was left out of the books (the Pevensie's having grown up as Kings and Queens and then returned to kids upon leaving Narnia). I always felt that I was missing a page in the books that covered that. I also found the additional sequences to be very worthwhile and in character additions to the movie. The battle sequences were much more creative and exciting than in the first film. Also, the characterizations of most of the leads were a lot stronger in Prince Caspian than in The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe. I really enjoyed Peter struggling not only with being a kid again after having ruled Narnia for so many years, but also his worry about Prince Caspian stealing his authority.

However, I felt like the weakness of the source material really dragged down the film. I found the bits that were added to the script were better than those pulled from the book. I also found Lucy's characterization to be much more shallow and annoying than in the previous film (or either book).

Finally, I was really disappointed that they decided to keep with the books and have Peter and Susan outgrow Narnia. I'm really excited about Voyage of the Dawn Treader (my second favorite in the series, after A Horse and His Boy), but I hate the character of Eustace and have no desire to see him on screen. I hope they change his character from the book a bit.

Overall, I felt that, despite weaker source material, Prince Caspian manages to exceed The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe in nearly every way.
    Last edited by Mr Ness; 05-19-2008 at 05:28 PM.

• And they call me Mad!

Blog Entries

Just got back from the movie. I never saw the first one (it didn't look to great) but I did enjoy this one.

I also agree about the crappy one liners.

Here are some of my favorite parts:

Spoiler
    I loved when the King Returned at the end of the film and I also enjoyed the battle where the Ents came in and saved the day, and then when Gandalf came out of the water and ate that guy...I was like WHOA! It was a good ending too, when they all got on the Hogwarts express to go to Hogwarts and then Harry Potter hit on Susan.

I still can't believe they dropped the whole "one ring" plotline
    What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

lol funny

• Still lost in Neverland

Just got back from seeing it the El Capitan and all I can say is WOW. This was a great movie, both story wise and effects wise. The special effects in this movie are so much better than the first one, which was pretty darn good in the long run, better than most other movies from that same time.

I loved this movie and the El Capitan has gone the extra mile with this one. Last time they made it snow IN THE THEATER to start the movie. This time they do some special things that are a
    Spoiler
    blend of scenic backdrops (that you see during the organ concert) and then combining 3-D animation and real people on a real stage set you don't even realize is real until you see an Actual Living Prince Caspian on coming out of the painting and walking around sets that are real.

Most amazing opening I have seen yet for the El Capitan. They went the extra mile for this one and the theater lobby is all fixed up like the subway. Downstairs are props and costumes from the movie. This movie and just the entire experience at the El Cap is worth every penny for the VIP seats. I am so impressed and exited I want to see it again, at the El Cap.

Things seem to be working now. Why? I don't know.
    Last edited by Lost Boy; 05-20-2008 at 09:39 PM.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• Hug a Billy

The Golden Horseshoe/Big Thunder Jamboree

Squeal. I am so excited about seeing this and will definitely make it a point to see it at the El Capitan.

I'm not sure what you mean by "advanced menu up above". To post a message that is advanced I go to the bottom and click on "Go Advanced."

Now I am trying to make a paragraph. It appears to be working.

Now I shall try to do a spoiler box.

Spoiler
    Hi. I hope I am in a spoiler box

Now I shall submit this and see if it works. If it does, maybe we can go over this on my lap top when you come down the end of the month.

Well, I was in advanced mode. I made paragraphs in the box and it looked fine, but when I clicked the post reply button the posted message came out all put together as one big paragraph. I posted new pictures last night in the New Toy Aquisitons thread in General Collecting and the same thing happened. In the box that I wrote and copied the picture link from Photo Bucket everything came out fine, but when I clicked on either Submit Post or View Preview, everything got stuck together and the text just runs all over the page and so do the pictures. After three tries to edit (the edit box is almost non readable with all the funny marks that show) I gave up and just left it. ' I am making pragraphs now as I write but I bet it will come out as one big paragraph. What I meant was that in Advanced Mode all the icons at the top of the box you write in do not do anything, Only the top row. The stuff you click to wrap in quotes, add spoiler, remove link, add link, etc. do nothing. The pointer does not change and and when you click on the any one of them, there is no response at all. Also no little box opens to tell what icon you are over, the top row does. I have no idea what is wrong, but since the new mice came on line, things that used to work fine for me, no longer work at all.
    Last edited by Lost Boy; 05-20-2008 at 09:37 PM.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• Hug a Billy

The Golden Horseshoe/Big Thunder Jamboree

Well, I don't know what to say. All the little icons and stuff work fine for me. Weird.

Yes it is. Everything worked fine for me up until this new thing was done. Now hardly anything works.

EDIT: I just went back and checked and now everything is working the way it's supposed to. I am also going to the picture thread and see if I can get that to work.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• Sock Puppet

Prince Caspian was really good, but I liked The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe much better. It was still a great movie though, the visuals and effects were amazing, but it's disappointing that Miraz isn't as good of a villain as the White Witch was. I really hope they go through with filming and releasing Voyage of Dawn Treader, this is one of the best if not the best book in the series. It's just disappointing that Susan and Peter aren't part of that story. I haven't read the entire series, so I wonder, are there any more books after Voyage of Dawn Treader that feature all four children together?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast