• 5 Stars - Great movie

10 25.00%
  • 4 Stars - Pretty good movie

20 50.00%
  • 3 Stars - Okay movie

7 17.50%
  • 2 Stars - It could have been better

3 7.50%
  • 1 Star - It was bad, they should have stopped after the first movie.

0 0%
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• Circle of Ancients

Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian (MiceChat Reviews)

So the first BIG "Disney" movie of the summer is coming out tomorrow.

I know lots of MCers are planning on seeing it this weekend. I'll be interested to see/hear how it compares to the first movie.

So rank the movie and give us a review.

• Still lost in Neverland

Re: Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian (MiceChat Reviews)

A friend and I are going to the El Capitan next Tuesday for the 4:40pm show. I will rate it after I get home, but I am sure I will love it. From just the trailers it looks to be even better than the first one. I hope Disney doesn't go through with their plans to sever ties with Walden Media. This is a great franchise for Disney.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• Hall Of Promise

I caught a screening last night and have to say it was a very good movie overall. It was a late night screening so my tiredness may play a role in my reaction of the film, but nonetheless the movie is a good one, maybe even very good once I see it again.

Keep in mind the movie can get pretty violent and emotionally deep due to scenes of battle. The movie is also very war charged and emotionally intense throughout. However this doesn't take away from the great performances and overall experience. Just be warned if you are planning to take a young child to the movie that it may be too intense, so parents should use the best of judgment or pre-screen the movie for their children. Similar to the Pirates of the Caribbean trilogy, but not as harsh, this isn't your normal "Disney" flick.

With all that said I highly recommend Prince Caspian. Go see it! I believe most will come out pleased, in terms of good movie experiences.

This movie moves slowly... It doesnt pick up until about 1 hour and 15 Minutes into the movie. I think they needed to work on the script a little longer. It was filled with bad one liners. But i did enjoy it more that the first one.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    This movie moves slowly... It doesnt pick up until about 1 hour and 15 Minutes into the movie. I think they needed to work on the script a little longer. It was filled with bad one liners. But i did enjoy it more that the first one.
    Well the book takes a very long time to get into any action, so this is encouraging.

I haven't seen this yet, but do the critics actually read the book first? Prince Caspian is an easy read and can be read within at least a couple of days. One reviewer said that the kids return to Nanrnia through a train station, which is very similar to the passage to Hogwarts in the Harry Potter series. If they even bothered to read the book ahead of time they would have known that this is precisely how they are transported. Keep in mind Prince Caspian pre-dates Harry Potter by over 40 years so the question begs just who is copying who?

Well sorry for the rant. I can't wait to see this in person for sure!

• Man O Lantern

I can't wait! We wanted to see it tonight, but our seven year old is having a friend spend the night...and they have a school dance. Ugh.

• Delawarean Girl

*You can skip over me. My review won't be that interesting.*

I just say it's Pretty good movie. I just saw it today. I don't get super hyped in the Narnia series. But I just wanted to goto the movies today and I thought Narnia would be a better movie to see compare to Speed Racer. It was indeed enjoyable.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Not sure if we are using spoilers or not, but the film is pretty close to the book except for one particular lengthy scene in the middle. And... they took some more liberties here and there, but the changes seemed to work ok overall. The ending seemed very abrupt but that's pretty much how it happens in the book. It just seemed a bit anticlimactic to me.

The challenge for both the director and producer is to get what SHOULD be a half hour movie to stretch to 90 minutes. It's almost the exact opposite problem of Harry Potter. But they did a good job overall of extending the film and making it work. Not quite five stars for me, but almost.

I think they could have done much more with Trumpkin. You don't really get how much of a butt he is to the kids, or how much he makes fun of Aslan in the book in the movie. Reepicheep was done well, and the special effects were pretty good.

I really hope Disney makes enough with this to continue the series. "The Dawn Treader" would be MUCH more interesting as a film, as would "The Magician's Nephew" or "The Last Battle." I think "The Silver Chair" would be tough to pull off, but who knows.
    Last edited by Mac Daddy; 05-17-2008 at 07:21 AM.

• Infinitized!

I just got back from seeing it. I enjoyed it just as much as the first. Good movie.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Quote Originally Posted by Mac Daddy View Post
    Not sure if we are using spoilers or not, but the film is pretty close to the book except for one particular lengthy scene in the middle. And... they took some more liberties here and there, but the changes seemed to work ok overall. The ending seemed very abrupt but that's pretty much how it happens in the book. It just seemed a bit anticlimactic to me.

The challenge for both the director and producer is to get what SHOULD be a half hour movie to stretch to 90 minutes. It's almost the exact opposite problem of Harry Potter. But they did a good job overall of extending the film and making it work. Not quite five stars for me, but almost.

I rhink they could have done much more with Trumpkin. You don't really get how much of a butt he is to the kids, or how much he makes fun of Alsan in the book in the movie. Reepicheep was done well, and the special effects were pretty good.

The TRUMPKIN was a really big butt in the most recent season of "The Apprentice" also.

Oh, nevermind.

I wasn't sure if this would be that great of a movie. Nice to hear the good reviews, and I'm sure the cinematography warrants seeing it on the big screen, too.

Just to add, I like the way you did the poll for this movie, Sir Clinks. It would be nice to use the same format for all Disney movies that are released. And even for some of the more popular movies. I just looked back at some of the recent polls in the Movie section, and it's been a while since we've done a poll in the movies section.
    Last edited by Aladdin; 05-17-2008 at 02:34 AM.

I liked it better than the first one, for the sole reason that Edmund wasn't some whiny creature the entire film this time around. Though, I do wish there had been more White Witch.... they really got my hopes up on that one

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post
    Just to add, I like the way you did the poll for this movie, Sir Clinks. It would be nice to use the same format for all Disney movies that are released. And even for some of the more popular movies. I just looked back at some of the recent polls in the Movie section, and it's been a while since we've done a poll in the movies section.
    Well, there haven't been that many big movies in awhile, but I wish we would have done it for Iron Man.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Supervillan Extrodinaire

Blog Entries

I saw it yesterday and wasn't too happy with it. They took a lot of liberties and really strayed from the book in several places
    Growing older is manditory
    Growing up is however, optional

• Proud Narnian

Traveling between Narnia, Camelot, and The Midlands

We'll I saw it last night and I thought it was great! It was so much fun watching it. I'm gonna see it again next weekend.

• Minion

I thought it was absolutely fantastic. I can't decided if it's better or if I like it better than the original. I was never bored for a second.

I've never read the book so I'm curious as to what changes were made for the movie. Anyone care to clue me in?

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast