Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Who's the bigger Company Universal or Disney

I was wondering Which is the Bigger company Universal or Disney they both have Theme parks they both make movies and music both worldwide universal owns NBC Disney owns ABC

Who do you think Is Bigger?
    Power Levels At Maximum *BEEP* Locking Launch Cordinates

RCT3 Universal Web Site v
    http://www.freewebs.com/mattatt14
    The world was built on Imagination

Re: Who's the bigger Company Universal or Disney

Universal is owned by General Electric which is one of the largest corporations in the world.

• Freakster

Excluding the broader corporate ownership (GE, as noted above), they've probably been fairly close on a number of fronts (film, TV, cable) over the years. The ups and downs of those businesses would have Disney in the lead these days, but I imagine NBC Universal has been up there in the past (particularly when they still owned their music division, which they no longer do, but of course NBC and Uni were separate companies then). The theme park division definitely pushes Disney well in front as a whole.

Based on last year's annual reports: NBCU: $15B in revenues; Disney: $35B

• Circle of Ancients

If you just pit Disney against GE's Universal, Disney wins, as that would mean Disney (an entire corporation was going against one corporation's subsidiary). If you pit Disney against GE, GE wins. (That's corporation against corporation.)

• Disneyland is your land.

Quote Originally Posted by svickersart View Post
    Universal is owned by General Electric which is one of the largest corporations in the world.
    I thought they were the largest?
    Class of 2005...

• Hall Of Promise

Are we just talking about Walt Disney Studios going up against Universal Pictures, since that would seem to be the fairer fight? Universal Pictures is a label of NBC Universal, which is a majority owned subsidiary of GE; and Walt Disney Studios is a label of the Walt Disney Company. GE is a much larger company than the Walt Disney Company, since the Disney Co primarily focuses on media and entertainment, where as GE is very widespread, not just focusing on media and entertainment but also ranging from home appliances to jet engines for the military under government contract, just to name a few of many.

As for media companies, Walt Disney Company against NBC Universal, I would believe the Walt Disney Company is the larger company. They own more subsidiary companies, such as ESPN and Pixar Animation Studios, which are each worth billions alone.

• Disneyland is your land.

Also, as far as media companies are concerned, Disney currently ranks third behind News Corp(1) and Time Warner(2).

I also believe that Universal actually owns more film and television properties than TWDC does, but of course I could be insanely wrong on that one.
    Class of 2005...

• Hall Of Promise

Quote Originally Posted by mainstreetcm View Post
    Also, as far as media companies are concerned, Disney currently ranks third behind News Corp(1) and Time Warner(2).

I also believe that Universal actually owns more film and television properties than TWDC does, but of course I could be insanely wrong on that one.
    NBC Universal owns the NBC family of channels, such as NBC, CNBC, MSNBC (with Microsoft), USA, Sci-Fi, and Bravo, as well as the labels of NBC News and NBC Sports. NBC Universal also owns the labels and/or subsidiaries of Universal Pictures, Universal Studios, Focus Features, and Rogue Pictures. There are probably a few I am missing.

So yes, NBC Universal has more properties, but I believe Disney's companies make more money, respectfully.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by MagicWDI View Post
    NBC Universal owns the NBC family of channels, such as NBC, CNBC, MSNBC (with Microsoft), USA, Sci-Fi, and Bravo, as well as the labels of NBC News and NBC Sports. NBC Universal also owns the labels and/or subsidiaries of Universal Pictures, Universal Studios, Focus Features, and Rogue Pictures. There are probably a few I am missing.

So yes, NBC Universal has more properties, but I believe Disney's companies make more money, respectfully.

Also under that umbrella is Telemundo, Mun2, and the recently acquired Oxygen Network.

But Disney also has several networks and studios of their own including ESPN, ESPN The Ocho (j/k), ABC, ABC Family, Disney Channel, Toon Disney, ABC Studios, Touchstone Television, Touchstone Pictures, Walt Disney Studios, Pixar Animation Studios, Dimension Studios, Miramax, and probably something else I'm forgetting.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    Also under that umbrella is Telemundo, Mun2, and the recently acquired Oxygen Network.

But Disney also has several networks and studios of their own including ESPN, ESPN The Ocho (j/k), ABC, ABC Family, Disney Channel, Toon Disney, ABC Studios, Touchstone Television, Touchstone Pictures, Walt Disney Studios, Pixar Animation Studios, Dimension Studios, Miramax, and probably something else I'm forgetting.
    In addition, both Disney and Universal own partial shares in other networks and holdings. This is just to give everybody an idea as to how large these companies really are.

• Hall Of Promise

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post

Dimension Studios was spun off and turned into a label of The Weinstein Company. It is no longer a part of Miramax Films.

Also, Hollywood Picture is still an owned label of Walt Disney Studios, but will most likely not be financing films anymore.

And we can't forget about Walt Disney Animation Studios, which is operated under Walt Disney Studios. Disneynature is the newest subsidiary of the Walt Disney Motion Pictures Group (formally Buena Vista Motion Pictures Group).

Disney also owns Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures (formally Buena Vista Pictures Distribution). This is the company that distributes the feature films under any of the Walt Disney Pictures and Television labels, which include Walt Disney Pictures, Touchstone Pictures, and Hollywood Pictures. The rest of the studios either pair with WDSMP, co-finance with an outside company, or distribute their own, such has been the case with Miramax Films.

Now that we are losing the Buena Vista title and putting "Walt Disney" more into the mix, all of these names start to sound alike.

• Shablagoo!

I think when considering the size of Universal Studios it is important to remember this important film.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http:...?v=UlyL5T5pHTE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http:...eature=related

• Hall Of Promise

Haha that was great!

• Banned User

Disney has a bigger brand and more history.. or atleast history the public is aware of and cares for that makes their brand more valuable

Quote Originally Posted by clairebear View Post
    Disney has a bigger brand and more history.. or atleast history the public is aware of and cares for that makes their brand more valuable
    Yes, but Universal has deer and wine coolers.
    Goodbye, Me Bizarro is not Monkey Joe. Me Bizarro hates Disney parks so much. Hello

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast