View Poll Results: What did you think of the new Indy?

Voters
169. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5 Stars - It's like Indy never left

27 15.98%
  • 4 Stars - A little older, a little wiser, but still fun

76 44.97%
  • 3 Stars - It was okay, not the best Indy

49 28.99%
  • 2 Stars - Where's Sallah when you need him?

9 5.33%
  • 1 Star - The Last Crusade should have been his last crusade

8 4.73%
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 714151617

• ..but you can call me Pam

Re: Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (MiceChat Reviews)

Did anybody else think "Natasha" (of Rocky and Bullwinkle fame) everytime Cate's character spoke?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

The Indy family interaction was pretty good, and the jungle jeep chase was good ol' fun. The Russians as villains worked. The Ant scene, yeah you expect some gross out scenes, and it was kept from getting too gross like Indy 2. But yeah, the escape in the refrigerator was over the top, even for Indy.

The main problem I had with the entire movie was the whole alien plot. BLECHHHHHH! Is that the best they could come up with? That just turned me off completely. And the Flying Saucer at the end of the movie was just TOO "Escape from Witch Mountain", Too "Send ET Home". ugggggh! It made me wish they would have stopped at 3.

• Sock Puppet

I thought it was totally awesome. Four Stars. I thought the spaceship reminded me of the X-files.

P.S. Remember the date; July 25th, 2008. The X-Files: I Want to Believe

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

I gave it 4 stars, we saw it this Sunday. I haven't gone through ALL the posts in this thread but I will say this.

For some reason I had no trouble accepting the fridge scene, although I did have a moment of, "Wait a minute, don't people get radiation poisoning with X amount of miles from a blast?" and the 3 drops....come on, the odds are SOME or ALL of them would have been thrown from vehicle, not a "Let's all land in the same place and climb into the car scenario."

I was worried in the first couple minutes that HF couldn't pull it off and that he had lost his "Indy" touch but that left me fairly quickly.

The red ants scene (being from Florida and having been bit many, many times) was fabulous and made my skin crawl. Loved that...

Overall we enjoyed it and will probably buy it when it comes out on DVD, but we won't see it in the theater again.

• Seasick

I watched it a second time. My new observation on the fridge scene, is why did only that one physical object get thrown from the town? Why weren't all the other fridges, TVs, etc. flying through the air as well? Oh well, I've thought about that scene too much as it is.

And why did Indy's pants look brand new? Seems like he should be wearing ones that are broken in.

My opinion of the movie is unchanged. I have to say the parts that drag go even more slowly the second time. I'm not any more forgiving of the silly scenes a second time around either.

The John Williams score seems better than the CD release made it out to be, they didn't do the best job of track selection.

His acting felt off a few times, but Harrison still has what it takes.

Still a solid 4/5 for me.
    My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by BC_DisneyGeek View Post
    I watched it a second time. My new observation on the fridge scene, is why did only that one physical object get thrown from the town? Why weren't all the other fridges, TVs, etc. flying through the air as well? Oh well, I've thought about that scene too much as it is.
    That is one of the things that most bugs me about the scene. It defies the film's internal logic for only one object to be thrown from the town.

And why did Indy's pants look brand new? Seems like he should be wearing ones that are broken in.
    They were CGI pants.

I went with low expectations... they were met. For me, the movie was charmless and formulaic. It was as if Spielberg and Lucas said, "Hey, let's take our favorite parts from the first three, and then really lay it on thick, outdo them in every way. We'll blow the audience out of their seats!"

Natashas' Russian accent was atrocious, terribly distracting, cartoonish and poorly acted.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 714151617