• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

2008 MTV Movie Awards

I normally can't stand this show, but I happened on it while flipping channels and got the biggest thrill of the night... WAYNE'S WORLD REUNION! I was floored. The skit was kind of stupid, but it was so awesome to see Wayne & Garth together again. I loved those sketches on SNL and I looooved the first movie (the 2nd one not so much).

Oooohhh! Johnny Depp just won for Best Comedic Performance in Pirates 3. OMG... he's all shaven & styled! HUMINAHUMINAHUMINA! I haven't seen him like that in YEARS!

• Circle of Ancients

Re: 2008 MTV Movie Awards

Were watching now, it's okay so far. But I'll definitely stick around for the WW reunion.

• Goofy

when is the mtv movie awards? how was the show?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

MTV will replay the show again, and again, and again, ad nauseum, And it made me nauseous after watching just the 1st time.

Some of the categories that they have are unique, but I really thought the Will and Elizabeth's wedding should have been nominated for best kiss! THAT was one of the best scenes in any movie last year.

Some of the winners:
    Spoiler
    Johnny Depp won 2, best villain (Sweeney Todd) , and best comedic performance (Pirates, 3) Didn't see him in the audience, it looked like he just walked up from back stage for both wins??????
    Zack Effron won best newcomer (Hairspray) - and Nikki Blonski wasn't nominated? (Nikki was in the audience, though)
    Step it Up, Disney movie that really didn't do well goy best kiss. And I dont understand how it could win, when hardly anyone saw it.

Oh, the skits seemed really off.

And Tom Cruise was on stage to give Adam Sandler some sort of lifetime achievement award? uggg. That just negates the purpose for giving awards to those who are actually talented in acting.

Oh, just to mention Amy Adams did have a couple of nominiations for her performance in Enchanted.
    Last edited by Aladdin; 06-01-2008 at 10:44 PM.

• Minion

I didn't actually watch the show (I hate MTV and everything it stands for), but I saw the results online.
    Transfromers won best picture. I can't believe this is a real awards show. This is of course the same awards show that nominated National Treasure 2 and I am Legend for best picture.

At least Johnny Depp won best villian, that's cool.

I can understand going against the Oscars, but can't they actually nominate good movies for best picture, like Ratatouille and Sweeney Todd?

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post

Some of the categories that they have are unique, but I really thought the Will and Elizabeth's wedding should have been nominated for best kiss! THAT was one of the best scenes in any movie last year.

Some of the winners:
    Spoiler
    Johnny Depp won 2, best villain (Sweeney Todd) , and best comedic performance (Pirates, 3) Didn't see him in the audience, it looked like he just walked up from back stage for both wins??????
    Zack Effron won best newcomer (Hairspray) - and Nikki Blonski wasn't nominated? (Nikki was in the audience, though)
    Step it Up, Disney movie that really didn't do well goy best kiss. And I dont understand how it could win, when hardly anyone saw it.

Oh, the skits seemed really off.
    Nikki Blonski was nominated for Breakthrough and Step It Up 2 actually did pretty well.

I was surprised that they didn't nominate the Pirates kiss as well.

I thought the spoofs were kind of funny, but was disappointed that they didn't actually do movie spoofs this year (like Jimmy Fallon doing Star Wars Episode III or Jack Black doing Spider-Man in the previous years).

• Rides against injustice

How does Christopher Mintz-Plasse (McLovin!!!) not win for Best Breakthrough Performance??? Not only did he basically make that movie, he's become a part of pop culture!! Darn all those tween female voters giving Effron the win! (shakes fist)
    Out of the NIGHT....
    When the full moon is BRIGHT!!
    Comes a horseman known as ZORRO!!!
    ---------------------------------------

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHost2 View Post
    I didn't actually watch the show (I hate MTV and everything it stands for), but I saw the results online.
    Transfromers won best picture. I can't believe this is a real awards show. This is of course the same awards show that nominated National Treasure 2 and I am Legend for best picture.

At least Johnny Depp won best villian, that's cool.

I can understand going against the Oscars, but can't they actually nominate good movies for best picture, like Ratatouille and Sweeney Todd?
    Stop hating and welcome to the real world.
    Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Sweeney Todd would have killed the competition in the Best Picture category .

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    Stop hating and welcome to the real world.
    So MTV represents the real world?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler View Post
    Sweeney Todd would have killed the competition in the Best Picture category .
    Au Contrare! It would have only been by a hair!

I liked Iron Panada Thunder.
    Goodbye, Me Bizarro is not Monkey Joe. Me Bizarro hates Disney parks so much. Hello