Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

• /sigh

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Cricket
    I hate all their movies that end in "2".
    Ditto that.
    Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
    Homer: But Marge, this one came with a corn-cob pipe!
    Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"
    Homer: So, which is it? Blue or purple?
    Marge: Pink.
    Homer: D'oh!
    Marge: "If ye test should fail, to a doctor set sail!"

• Zapp's Minion :D

Toy Story 2 is okay.

• Senior Minion

I detest anything they have come out with direct to video. Why don't they just admit it. They've come up with an idea they didn't want to spend any real money on, so it's just a throwaway piece of garbage they think we'll automatically snap up like cattle? I won't stand for that sort of contemptuous attitude.

I'm a huge animation fan, so just about any of the "old" movies are fine by me.

Hey, while we're on the movie subject, does anyone remember the live action Nature type films Walt used to do? Nature's Half Acre, etc? A friend of mine's father used to either direct or do cinematography for those.

• Zapp's Minion :D

Quote Originally Posted by Wotan
    Hey, while we're on the movie subject, does anyone remember the live action Nature type films Walt used to do? Nature's Half Acre, etc? A friend of mine's father used to either direct or do cinematography for those.
    Walt Disney's True Life Adventure's-

Seal Island, Bear Country, Living Desert, etc... Those are the Best!!

I wonder if they are on dvd?

• e komo mai

Quote Originally Posted by Malibu Minion
    Toy Story 2 is okay.
    D'oh, you're right. That's the lone exception...

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries
    FAvorites~ Emperor's New Groove, Lilo & Stitch & Sleeping Beauty
    Least Favorite~ Treasure Planet, Atlantis, Fox & the Hound

Add me to the love the llama club!!!

DEMON LLAMA

Cheese Me No Likey

NO TOUCHY

If the kids are watching that or Lilo & Stitch I can't "not" watch

Oh and my favorite Live Actions(might as well toss it in)
    Parent Trap(original)
    Old Yeller
    George of the Jungle~~~Um Brendan Fraser, running with the horse scene anyone???

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• Banned User

Faves... The movies from the Second Golden Age... Mermaid, Lion King, Aladdin, Beauty and the Beast.

Hated: Black Cauldron, Anything 2 (Toy Story 2 was Pixar, not Disney), Hunchback

Pocahauntus was lifted just above "hated" by the couple good songs. Mulan is right down there near the bottom.

I was very disappointed by Emperor's New Groove first time I saw it. The best parts had been overshown in trailers, and the humor isn't exactly my cup of tea.... Well, not when I'm dropping $30+ for a family of 5 to go see it in the theater.... Rental for $4.... suddenly it is much better.

Atlantis also has to be right down there at the bottom.

I liked Treasure Planet, but it came out in the middle of some real stinkers so most people seemed to have overlooked it. Also, the ending was a bit weak and Morph was too annoying for words.... Sweet like trying to eat 5 lbs of sugar. But the look and feel was over the top great.

I simply didn't care enough about Brother Bear or Home on the Range to really feel much one way or the other. Like eating a rice cake... Doesn't taste bad and doesn't taste good, mostly becuase it has no taste at all and by the time those came out I wasn't really expecting much flavor anyway.

Disney Animation has certainly gone in waves.

Like the Cubs fans... Next one may be the big hit that breaks the curse and makes everything okay again. They finally got their win. I hope we don't have to wait 86 years from 1994's Lion King.

• Rawr...

pessimism isn't very happy. Besides, those "stinkers" as you so lightly put it happen to include lilo and stitch, which is simply one of the best origional ideas Disney has ever had.
    Anyone up for a Colorado Micechatters meet-up?
    http://micechat.com/forums/meets-eve...ml#post3486518

Colorado Micechatter Extrordinare!

• Practically Perfect

I love them all!! My favorites are Alice in Wonderland, Aristocats, and Jungle Book

I never really WANTED to see Black Cauldron...and Dinosaur.

I can't say I've been thrilled with anything since Mulan (they've just took all the music out...and no, Phil Collins doesn't count in my book)...although I did LOVE Lilo and Stitch.

• BTMR Lover!

All time favorite: Sleeping Beauty!!

I HATE The Lion King and Snow White!
    -Erica

Quote Originally Posted by Wotan
    I detest anything they have come out with direct to video. Why don't they just admit it. They've come up with an idea they didn't want to spend any real money on, so it's just a throwaway piece of garbage they think we'll automatically snap up like cattle? I won't stand for that sort of contemptuous attitude.

I'm a huge animation fan, so just about any of the "old" movies are fine by me.

It was my understanding that Toy Story 2 was originally planned as straight-to-video, but they realized they actually had something pretty darn good.

As for me, can't say I really hate any movies (except straight-to-video garbage), but Atlantis was quite forgettable.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by erobbspike
    I HATE The Lion King and Snow White!
    Hate the Lion King? Blasphemy!!!!

Snow White??? Come on... Yes, the story gets weak toward the end.... But it is the FIRST. It can't be judged by later standards. Compare the look and feel of that "cartoon" to all that came before it. Snow White was Renaissance art come to life....

Best: Aladdin, Emperor's New Groove, Toy Story 2
    Worst: Aladdin: Return of Jafar, Bother Bear

• BTMR Lover!

Quote Originally Posted by dshimel
    Hate the Lion King? Blasphemy!!!!

Snow White??? Come on... Yes, the story gets weak toward the end.... But it is the FIRST. It can't be judged by later standards. Compare the look and feel of that "cartoon" to all that came before it. Snow White was Renaissance art come to life....
    My biggest problem with the Lion King was that Simba's uncle killed his father and the viewer saw his father fall off the cliff. And the songs were really annoying.

Snow White sucks because she is the biggest wimp in the Disney vault. Belle could whoop her butt anyday! I agree that the movie was ground breaking, but I cannot stand to watch it.
    -Erica

• /sigh

Quote Originally Posted by erobbspike
    My biggest problem with the Lion King was that Simba's uncle killed his father and the viewer saw his father fall off the cliff. And the songs were really annoying.

Snow White sucks because she is the biggest wimp in the Disney vault. Belle could whoop her butt anyday! I agree that the movie was ground breaking, but I cannot stand to watch it.
    Why can't Disney annimated films have a little drama? Heck, even Bambi's mom died. Come to think of it, most Disney movies has some sort of real devistating plot lines...
    Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
    Homer: But Marge, this one came with a corn-cob pipe!
    Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"
    Homer: So, which is it? Blue or purple?
    Marge: Pink.
    Homer: D'oh!
    Marge: "If ye test should fail, to a doctor set sail!"

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast