Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Mulan is my favorite Disney movie. The story is what won me over, I loved that everything she did was selfless. She wanted to save her father and bring honor to her family. She believed that in doing this, she would discover who she was. I love that far more than other female characters wishing for romance.

The Little Mermaid is my least liked Disney film. I don't like how Ariel is supposedly 16 years old (still a child!), and how she is determined to have her man no matter what the cost to herself or her family. She just wanted him, period. Getting married at 16 is no fairy tale, that's for sure!

• BTMR Lover!

Quote Originally Posted by Cuzco-topia
    Why can't Disney annimated films have a little drama? Heck, even Bambi's mom died. Come to think of it, most Disney movies has some sort of real devistating plot lines...
    And that's why I don't like Bambi either. I don't watch Disney movies for drama.
    -Erica

• Huh?

Faves: Emperor's New Groove, Sleeping Beauty, Lilo & Stitch, The Adventures of the Great Mouse Detective, Robin Hood, Ichabod & Mr. Toad, Treasure Planet (ok, I'm a sucker for piratey movies), Atlantis, Rescuers Down Under, Dinosaur -- yeah, I do like a lot of movies that most don't.

Least: The Rescuers, Black Cauldron, Fox & the Hound, Aristocats, and I don't consider most direct-to-video projects (including the theatricals) to be movies. Ok, so it's pretty much that the 70s and 80s were lacking on anything watchable with Robin Hood and The Great Mouse Detective being the exceptions.
    -Tim

• Minion

Favorites:

Sleeping Beauty
    Alice in Wonderland
    Peter Pan
    Snow White
    Cinderella
    Pinocchio
    Three Caballeros
    Song of the South
    Dumbo
    Bambi
    Lady and the Tramp
    One Hundred and One Dalmatians
    Ichabod and Mr. Toad
    Melody Time
    Aladdin
    Little Mermaid
    Beauty and the Beast
    Fantasia
    Jungle Book

Least Favorites:

Atlantis
    Pocahontas
    Emperor's New Groove
    Hunchback
    Black Cauldron
    Brother Bear
    Oliver and Co.
    (didn't see Home on the Range)

(didn't include Pixar, aquisitions or TV Animation projects)

• /sigh

Quote Originally Posted by erobbspike
    And that's why I don't like Bambi either. I don't watch Disney movies for drama.
    But you mentioned you like Sleeping Beauty. My gosh, Melifiscint of pure evil, summoned, "all the powers of hell", turned into a nasty dragon all while attmepting to destroy one man on horse. That's not dramatic?
    Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
    Homer: But Marge, this one came with a corn-cob pipe!
    Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"
    Homer: So, which is it? Blue or purple?
    Marge: Pink.
    Homer: D'oh!
    Marge: "If ye test should fail, to a doctor set sail!"

Last edited by Pirate Wench; 04-26-2005 at 07:41 PM.

• Circle of Ancients

Why did they make these? (Since this one is easier): Any movie that ends in 2 (with the exception of Toy Story 2), Home on the Range, Black Cauldron, Pocahantas

Middle of the road: Treasure Planet, Brother Bear, Rescuers Down Under, Atlantis, Oliver and Company, Great Mouse Detective, Sword in the Stone, Saludos Amigos, Fun and Fancy Free, Melody Time, Make Mine Music

Better than Average: Snow White, Bambi, Three Cabelleros, Lady and the Tramp, Sleeping Beauty, 101 Dalmations, Jungle Book, Aristocats, Robin Hood, Pooh, Rescuers, Hunchback, Hercules, Mulan, Tarzan

Best of the Best: Lilo and Stitch, Emporers New Groove, Fantasia and Fantasia 2000, Lion King, Aladdin, Beauty and the Beast, The Little Mermaid, The Fox and the Hound, Peter Pan, Alice in Wonderland, Cinderella, Ichabod and Mr. Toad, Bambi, Dumbo, Pinnochio, and all of the Pixar movies.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by erobbspike
    My biggest problem with the Lion King was that Simba's uncle killed his father and the viewer saw his father fall off the cliff. And the songs were really annoying.

Snow White sucks because she is the biggest wimp in the Disney vault. Belle could whoop her butt anyday! I agree that the movie was ground breaking, but I cannot stand to watch it.
    Most Disney movies have had characters fall to their deaths...

As for wimpish Disney Princesses... well... what's so special about ANY of them? I think the best may be Cinderella, but honestly, Belle just had a big mouth...

Ok, I think you may be in the wrong forum! Just about EVERY Disney film has significant drama, it's what connects you to central characters. That's why many of the newer films aren't succesful, you never really care about the characters... So I guess you don't watch very many Disney films eh?

• e komo mai

Quote Originally Posted by Soulquarian
    Most Disney movies have had characters fall to their deaths...
    Hmmm...

Snow White (witch falls off cliff)
    Beauty and the Beast (Gaston falls off cliff)
    Rescuers Down Under (George C Scott falls down a waterfall)
    Lion King (Mufasa - a fall and then trampled)
    Sleeping Beauty (Dragon - a stab and then a fall)
    Fox and the Hound (didn't the bear fall? I forget.)
    Toy Story 2 (Zurg falls but doesn't die)
    Great Mouse Detective (Ratigan fall from Big Ben)
    Hunchback (Frollo falls from church)
    Tarzan (Clayton falls and then gets hanged)

That's all I can think of...

Soulquarian has a point...

• no flash photography...

I haven't seen them all...I liked lion king and little mermaid....nemo was just ok ( I feel it was targeted for toddlers and not the whole family like other movies.)...

least favorite...I didn't like monsters inc very much...or toy story...well I guess they were Ok...like memo

ok least favorite....???.....probably snow white, but only because the animation is not the best and snow whites voice is migrain inducing....I liked sleeping beauty, but when she sings it's really annoying....(yeah I know I'm in the minority again....LOL)

I ahve not seen...the black cauldrin, brother bear, pocahontis, home on the range, teasure planet or the incredibles...there's probably more i have not seen...LOL

oh...and I have not seen any direct to dvd movies...

• Minion

I haven't seen them all...I liked lion king and little mermaid....nemo was just ok ( I feel it was targeted for toddlers and not the whole family like other movies.)...
    Pixar has the LEAST toddler like of the Disney films. Nemo has a more mature theme than perhaps any other Disney film with the exception of Bambi. What Disney movie kills the mother before the opening title screen? What Mother or Father can't identify with Marlin's frantic search for his son, or his regret after realizing what effect his words have had on his son? I think that Finding Nemo has the most universal appeal. Funny characters for the kids, Real Drama for adults, Great Animation for film buffs, and jokes for teenagers...

• no flash photography...

Quote Originally Posted by Soulquarian
    Pixar has the LEAST toddler like of the Disney films. Nemo has a more mature theme than perhaps any other Disney film with the exception of Bambi. What Disney movie kills the mother before the opening title screen? What Mother or Father can't identify with Marlin's frantic search for his son, or his regret after realizing what effect his words have had on his son? I think that Finding Nemo has the most universal appeal. Funny characters for the kids, Real Drama for adults, Great Animation for film buffs, and jokes for teenagers...
    I didn't see the drama and I found the father to be a depressing character and the son chracter whiney. The neverending swim to Sidney dragged on and on. The only bright spot in the film was dory. It had some cute scenes, but over all I did not like it. The mother had to die or they would not have the premiss for the movie. Why was the kid fish named nemo? In latin it means nobody. Finding nobody? ok...Dory was a cute character though.

• Senior Minion

My All-time favorites-#1 Peter Pan, Sleeping Beauty, The Rescuers, Fox and the Hound, Pinocchio, Lion King, Aladdin, Mary Poppins, Emperors' New Groove, Snow White, Ichabod and Mr Toad, Little Mermaid, Dumbo, Bambi Toy Story and #2 , Song Of the South,Fun And Fancy Free, Cinderella, Lady And the Tramp, FANTASIA AND FANTASIA 2 (The art is great in this one)Jungle Book, Three Cabelleros

Semi -Ok: Beauty and the Beast, The Great Mouse Detective, Aristocats,
    Brother Bear,Atlantis,Mulan, Lilo & Stitch, 101 Dalmations, Rescuers Down Under, (Finding Nemo, Monsters Inc(I know Pixar)

Worst alltime-- Hunchback Of Notre Dame, Home on the Range, Pocahontas,
    Treasure Planet,

A waste of ink and graphics: Dinosaur,Teacher's Pet, direct to video sequels, (I don't bother watching them because I know the art is second rate.The voices are changed as well.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Minion

Not ALL of the direct to video movies were bad. I can't remember if the Ducktales Lost Lamp movie was a direct to video film, but it was really good. So were the Lion King sequels, especially Lion King 1 1/2. The production values were really high on that one...

• Senior Minion

DuckTales Was NOT a direct-to-video, I saw it with my brother, The voices changed though. My wife and I watched LK 1 1/2 It was our free one ( after renting 2) It was ok.
    Last edited by Alchimedes; 02-17-2005 at 08:59 PM.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast